Sudden death:What happens to you after you die? a question to everyone

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 13, 2005
Your here one minute and gone the next heres a very short clip i found, it is directed at muslims so diregard that, thats the only site i can find it on
Smiling one second gone the next
http://www.daralislamlive.com/modules.php?name=Multimedia&action=display_material&material_id=49

This question is to the athiests and the thiests. After you die what do you believe will happen to you? we should get many different answers and its interesting to see them and where they come from

Heres another video but a WARNING this is pretty brutal
http://www.daralislamlive.com/modules.php?name=Multimedia&action=display_material&material_id=900

MKB

Sicc OG
Dec 19, 2002
NOTHING HAPPENS that is whyt people hide behind religon, i would like to belive that something does happen but the chances are just as good that you will die and thats that people are just too scared to belive that this is a posibility.

Aug 13, 2005
Interesting, but please elaborate, what makes you so sure? and im not trying to start a debate or anything, just wanna see the logic behind peoples ideas

Sep 28, 2004
There is a little brain activity after death. Some electrical firings. When you die, ( unless you're exploded or something..), you more or less shut down. Brain death occurs after clinical death. Your heart stops, your systems shut down and blood stops bringing oxygen to your muscles/organs.

Even after brain death/clinical death, there are still many living cells in the process of death. It's not like your entire body "dies" all at once. My question to you: At what point during death does the soul leave the body? Not right after your heart stops beating and you stop moving, right? Hours later?

I'd like to believe that as the brain dies, oxygen deprived, the electrical impulses at least give you a few images and feelings. ( Some sort of euphoria caused by suffocation.) After that, the conciousness simply exists no more. Your entire life, your experiences, your whole being disappears. You're merely a collaboration of chemical and electrical information.

I'd like to think the death euphoria caused by oxygen deprivation would be a positive experience, since it would be my last. But it's not like I could regret it after wards. I have a very hard time comprehending oblivion, because I can't imagine not being able to reflect on nothingness. You couldn't imagine it, because you won't get to experience it.

A little depressing. I'd love to believe in an afterlife, because *nothing* seems harsh. However, logic cuts me off at the pass.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
I'd say that your body's energy goes somewhere but not on any sort of concious level. Since energy can't be destroyed that's just what I would assume, it may disappear into another dimension who fuckin knows. I use to say that there was nothing, but prove it. I'd like people to prove that there is something just as much as there isn't. Nobody knows, everybody just has their own biased perception on the issue. For all we know, you go where ever you think you will. I don't believe that, just playing devil's advocate, but I use to be sure of a lot of things...I've learned to not be so sure of them and just not really care about that shit (is there a god? what happens when we die? etc) because it only holds you back from doing other more important shit while you're actually here...It's a waste of energy to fight over the existance of a god....I just have a feeling this thread is gonna turn into theists (some, not all) being the cock suckers they are and talking shit to Atheists for not agreeing with them (as usual).

Oct 11, 2005
MKB said:
NOTHING HAPPENS that is whyt people hide behind religon, i would like to belive that something does happen but the chances are just as good that you will die and thats that people are just too scared to belive that this is a posibility.
Actually anything is possible, but why would you wanna live life knowing you are doomed. I believe in god and even though there is no proof of it thats why it is called Belief. and to me there is proof everywhere that a god exist. How is everything so perfect, the human body, earth (did you know if we were a little closer to the sun we would burn to death and a little farther earth would freeze.) I mean look at the miracle of birth how is that possible with just atoms knowing how to form the right chemical bonds. I believe that there is a god and people are just caught up in human curiousity so much that they must have a reason why everything is the way it is, when in reality there are things that cant be explained or comprehended by humans. for instance Time, a word created by humans to understand the progression of everthing. but in the laws of time there can never be no ending and there can never be no beginning. That is to big of a flaw for some people to try to disprove god by. If time really existed when did it start... the answer would be never, because it would be a infinity of history never coming to a beginning. I have a lot more to say but Ill wait for some responds.

Mar 13, 2003
www.billythefridge.com
When you dream, you could dream an hours worth of action in a matter of moments. When you die, you dream your afterlife during that final bout of brain activity. If you are a tormented soul during life, I imagine your afterlife of dreams would be more of a nightmare. If you live a loving, fulfilled life, I'd imagine that last slumber would be an amazing feeling. Since it is the last thought you'll ever have, that is eternity... a moment's worth of eternity. Then your brain ceases to live and only that final impression lasts as though it never ended... even though it never existed beyond a few moments.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
For the longest time as a little kid, til I was 10 or so, I always thought that when I die, my soul would move onto another body and I'd be born with no memories of the dead me. The more I think about life and existance and death and not existing, one of the more believable conclusions I consider is exactly what fridge said about living a bad life and seeing that life through your eyes as you die and going on to be a tormented soul..and living an honest and good life and seeing that through your eyes as you die and having that feeling of "complete serenity" as you die because you know you've had good intentions throughout life and you die with good memories and not bad ones. Thats wild, fridge is the only person I've ever known to have considered that idea besides myself, intriguing to think about though.