Stuido Moniters or Stereo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2006
I was wonderin for makin music both producin and Recording which is better to get some moniters or a stereo cuz i just got my computer connected to my streo its Tri amp with a big ass sub woffer and it sounds hella good when im doin shit but i wanna if a studio moniters are better for it

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
hersey is right but if you know the characteristics of any speaker when it comes to frequency response you can still mix on them. If you are serious about recording you need some monitors though eventually. studio monitors are specifically built for critical listining purposes and they have frequency response charts on them to let you know the characteristics of the speaker. I'm sure there might be a way to get hold of one for retail speakers but they most likley wouldn't have as balanced numbers as a monitor which is made for recording. no speaker is perfect and they are all different in their own way. Its good to have more than one listing source to judge your mix, I remember hersey saying he uses like 5 different speakers when he mixes one for vocals, one for bass etc.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
@ Jack trades it is best to ask questions BEFORE you shell out money. ALWAYS ask around (especially when it comes to music gear) BEFORE you shell out the money. ALWAYS. Jayda summed it up well, and what he is telling you is stereo speakers are designed to sound GOOD while studio monitors are designed to sound CORRECT. How correct they sound depends on the response, characteristic of the speaker, placement and room.

@Jayda I own 4 pair and use 3. The others are collecting dust but thats gonna change soon :)

Jul 25, 2005
www.robeyee.com
monitors are much easier to mix than normal speakers cuz normal speakers are customized to sound good, not flat but good.. monitors are made to sound flat. if you mix something and it sounds dope on a pair of logitech speakers then u play it in your car and its distorted or sounds different then u know you mixed it wrong, when u mix on monitors your "supposed" to be getting true and flat sound. but monitors also have certain characteristics that you have to think about when mixing some monitors have more low end than other and some have more high end just checkout what people say about certain monitors and find the best for you.