Studio set up (cheap but good)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
What are you trying to do,what are your goals?Making beats,rappng over some beats?...dont buy nothing until you check with me.....naw fa real Just by your decisions alone and the vague question you need to stop and get some advice..then go research and learn a little more......you may end up spending alot of money on the wrong shit.

Jul 12, 2002
Shockmount and pop filters are vital. Pop filter especially if it's vocals. If you get that mic you are also going to need to get a 48v phantom power supply. I have one I was going to sell on Ebay so hit me up if you want to cop it. That mic will be ok but nothing great. If you could get the Rode NT-??, whatever is $200 then you would be set for awhile.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
yeah that mic is a condenser and that mixer doesn't have phantom power so you would need an additional power supply, you might want to think about a different mixer. Theres alot to know about this stuff though and it can be very confusing.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
1. You need to figure out what it is you want to record.

2. You need to figure out what you will record TO. You can't have a studio without something to record to. Do you plan on recording to a computer or hard disk recorder? Adats? Where is your music going to end up? This question NEEDS to be answered before you spend ANY $$$

3. Do NOT purchase that mixer.

4. What is your budget?

Dec 27, 2005
while the main thing im tryin to do is good some good sounding music at a low price if someone can put together a pakage of what would go together that would be great like under 150 to though like a cheap mixer that works and a good mic thats what im lookin for i jus want it to sound good (and its over insturmentals and beat on garage band)

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
CityLimits1990 said:
while the main thing im tryin to do is good some good sounding music at a low price if someone can put together a pakage of what would go together that would be great like under 150 to though like a cheap mixer that works and a good mic thats what im lookin for i jus want it to sound good (and its over insturmentals and beat on garage band)
If you have under 150 dollars..dont expect good quality, If I were you I would go to bets buy or something...buy magix..music maker deluxe for about $70, then go toi guitar center and buy a cheap mic with the rest.this way you could load up your instrumentals on a track then record on some more...also this has drum machines,synths effects etc.