STRIKEFORCE:NASHVILLE 4/17/10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 19, 2006

Venue: Bridgestone Arena
Broadcast: CBS

MAIN CARD

Champ Jake Shields vs. Dan Henderson (for middleweight title)
Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (for light heavyweight title)
Champ Gilbert Melendez vs. Shinya Aoki (for Strikeforce lightweight title)
Jason "Mayhem" Miller vs. Tim Stout

PRELIMINARY CARD

Zach Underwood vs. Hunter Worsham
Josh Schockman vs. Cale Yarbrough
Dustin Ortiz vs. Justin Pennington
Andrew Uhrich vs. Dustin West
Chris Hawk vs. Ovince St. Preux
Thomas Campbell vs. Cody Floyd

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
lol Aoki and Gil both look like they're about to fucking kill someone. Can't wait for this, 3 potential fights of the year on one card, and they're all title fights.

Dec 19, 2006
WONDER WHO LASHLEY IS GONNA FIGHT?

"TNA wrestling star and heavyweight Bobby Lashley (5-0 MMA, 1-0 SF) remains the only fighter without an opponent, and a source MMAjunkie spoke to this past week said he could be moved to Strikeforce's next major card, scheduled for May 15 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Mo., in the event that a suitable opponent is not found."

STRIKEFORCE:HEAVY ARTILLERY IS STARTIN TO LOOK GOOD AS WELL

Jan 4, 2006
Champ Gegard Mousasi vs. Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (for light heavyweight title)
hella juiced for this fight. i would love to see King Mo vs Rampage (i know they aren't in the same fight leagues)

May 17, 2004
King Mo is going to get crushed. dude has to be one of the most overhyped fighters out there. hes faced no one yet he gets talked about like hes a living legend.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
shit just got real
------

Aoki: "If I lose, Japan becomes a US MMA Colony"

"I love Japan and it is certain that if I lose, Japan will become a colony of US MMA. Some maniacs say that USA's MMA is the best but I do not worship US MMA so this is a big war to me, just like my fight against [Sengoku champion] Hirota [on New Year's Eve]."

Being so sure of his position at the top of the Japanese food chain, Aoki is surely taking a risk with this April 17th fight against Melendez. If he loses, he leaves himself open to detractors saying that he could not cut it in the US, that Japan's MMA scene is a small, local affair and that he was in effect nothing but a large fish in a small pond.

"Yes, this is a high risk, high return proposition. If I get the return, I give it to DREAM because I am a son of DREAM. The same as in the New Year's Eve fight I am thinking 'OK, I'll kill you!' The relationship between me and the DREAM staff is real. They know my mind in this fight - Japan's lightweight division is world class, and of the same standard as the US lightweight talent pool. Shinya Aoki is an icon of the Japanese lightweights division and so this fight becomes a mega match," Aoki says.

Dec 19, 2006
Jake Shields Not Happy, Looks To Shake Things Up

It appears Jake Shields isn't to please with the way things have been going in the lead up to his middleweight title defense against Dan Henderson on April 17th when Strikeforce returns to CBS in Nashville, TN.

Shields recently spoke about the recent advertising for the bout and how it hasn't really focused on him:

"By them doing that it's kind of pushing me out, but who knows, nothing's 100 percent at this point still," said Shields. "I'm just worried about training really hard, and if I go out there and beat Henderson it's really going to shake things up and put me in a really good situation." He also talks about wanting to test the free agent market:

"I took the risk. I had the option of course to renegotiate my contract before the fight, and I just felt like it wasn't really that I wanted to leave Strikeforce, I felt like I wanted to be a free agent and take things from there." http://www.mmanews.com/news/87786

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
What's everyone's predictions?
Aoki vs. Gil is insane now that BJ lost. Aoki's finally #1, will it last more than a week?
Mo's been talking mad shit, he might be the only guy outside of the UFC that can back it up against Mousasi.
Everyone's saying Shields is gonna get murked by Hendo but that's how people talk leading up to all of his fights.

This shit's gonna be sick, and I'm gonna be at work so I hope everyone's gonna be watching if they aren't gonna be tuned into HBO

May 17, 2004
What's everyone's predictions?
Aoki vs. Gil is insane now that BJ lost. Aoki's finally #1, will it last more than a week?
Mo's been talking mad shit, he might be the only guy outside of the UFC that can back it up against Mousasi.
Everyone's saying Shields is gonna get murked by Hendo but that's how people talk leading up to all of his fights.

This shit's gonna be sick, and I'm gonna be at work so I hope everyone's gonna be watching if they aren't gonna be tuned into HBO
honestly i dont think melendez is very good. i see aoki subbing him because melendez usually just takes people down and holds them there.

Mousasi is going to destroy king mo. calling that guy king is a joke. hes never beat anyone noteworthy. this is a big step up.

i think hendo is going to win by keeping it standing. but i want shields to win and then sign with the ufc so he can fight at ww.