Street Smart UG tapes

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 26, 2005
Street Smart discussion here.

what does everyone think about em? which ones do you like and which was don't you like? i love almost all the old Street Smart tapes except a few like 2 Lo Key, Lil Kuku, and C-Roc which weren't all that good. but most of the rest were classics like Tommy Wright III, both Ten Wanted Men, NOD, Lil Ramsey, Killa Thugs, etc.

there's only 2 i haven't heard which are Womack and Street Smart Records "Hardcore". are these any good? can someone give me some info on that Street Smart Records "Hardcore". i heard it was the same thing as Hardcore & Da APG "Shit Is On". and also, where the hell is Hardcore & Da APG (Avenue Piru Gangsta) from? i don't think they're from Memphis. it doesn't sound like it.

what does everyone else think about the Street Smart tapes? speak on it.

Jun 26, 2005
there are also a few others that were supposed to be released but i don't think they were, and they are:

E Da G ????????
Princess Loko "Hoe Never Gangsta Forever"
Tommy Wright III "Exposin Information"
Mac T Dog "Ghetto"
Soul Taker ????????
Manson Family "Cursed"

damn i wish that "Exposin Information" tape came out. and why the hell didn't Project Pimp come out with a tape. he was the best.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I liked Lil KuKu's tape personally. I think Manson Family's and T3's tapes were the best. Oh yeah the N.O.D. tape...that is tape is classic. "Bud keeps me fiendn' man/ Just like a junkie" Classic. Ten Wanted Men tapes are sick too. I don't have that Lil Ramsey or Killa Thugs (aren't they from Miss?) though.

I got 12 tapes all together from Tommy Wright back in the day. I also got a Manson Family poster (from the cd), some little promo posters and a huge Behind Closed Doors poster.

I wish Project Pimp and 2Faced would have droped solo's. Besides Tommy I think those two had the coldest flows...the whole camp was dope though IMO.

Jun 26, 2005
Nuttkase said:
I liked Lil KuKu's tape personally. I think Manson Family's and T3's tapes were the best. Oh yeah the N.O.D. tape...that is tape is classic. "Bud keeps me fiendn' man/ Just like a junkie" Classic. Ten Wanted Men tapes are sick too. I don't have that Lil Ramsey or Killa Thugs (aren't they from Miss?) though.

I got 12 tapes all together from Tommy Wright back in the day. I also got a Manson Family poster (from the cd), some little promo posters and a huge Behind Closed Doors poster.

I wish Project Pimp and 2Faced would have droped solo's. Besides Tommy I think those two had the coldest flows...the whole camp was dope though IMO.
that "Bud Keeps Me Fiendin Part 3" is amazing. i can listen to that song over and over, mainly because of the chorus.

and yeah you need to get that Lil Ramsey, it's 5 star material. that Killa Thugs is from Mississippi and released in 95 or 96. they sound exactly like classic memphis undergroud.

Project Pimp is my favorite memphis rapper ever. and i've never heard 2-Faced come shitty. i love all of his verses, so i agree with you on that.

maybe i'll have to listen to that Lil Kuku again. i've listened to it about twice and didn't really like it but i'll try again.

May 4, 2006
streetsmart

E Da G , Soul Taker and Princess Loko "Hoe Never Gangsta Forever" don't exist

but I've heard many times that these were released:
Tommy Wright III "Exposin Information"
Mac T Dog "Ghetto"

Manson Family "Cursed" was released after Lil Kuku came out with his Tape

Feb 12, 2006
www.chibangin.com
man id love to hear that mac t dog junt street smart was off the chain... too bad like all memphis producers t3 fucked his peeps and no1 stayed wit him for very long...... guess paul and juice aint the only ones fuckin they partnas lol

May 4, 2006
Untouchable211 said:
which ones do you like and which was don't you like?
I don't like that 2LoKey Tape and Womack's Tape.
Most songs on C-Roc's "Dramatized Minds" sound the same, so I'm not listening to it that much as well. I haven't heard his other ones yet, maybe those are better.

Palmer

RIP SouthernComfort
Apr 10, 2006
SEAHAWKS!!!
I have to pretty much agree with everyone on here all the TW3's were tight, well except "Memphis Massacre". Both 10 Wanted Men tapes are sick as fuck. That N.O.D. tape is off the fucking chain. Personally I think I like that Lil Ramsey "Goin Undercover" tape the most though. Personally I think Lil Ramsey, and Project Pimp were by far the best out of the entire 10 Wanted Men click. Really aint feelin the Lil Kuku tape though, but I've only listened to it a few times. As far as the Manson Family tapes go I only have "Gram afta Gram" but I think it's sick as fuck.

I think that's all I have, I just got them failry recently on CD but I wish I had the rest.

spv

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2006
There was a old Street Smart cd that never came out back in the day but came out in 2004.La Chat Ultimate Revenge it was made around 97/98 but came out in 2004.

Jun 26, 2005
Lepi said:
Manson Family "Cursed" was released after Lil Kuku came out with his Tape
are you sure this was released? i've heard a few people say that there's no such thing.

can someone give me any info on that Street Smart Records "Hardcore" tape?

also, what does everyone think about these:

Lil Jack "Hallucinations"
Hardcore & Da APG "Shit Is On"
Rivaside Clique "Runnin In Da Wind"
Lil Sko "U Know Da Sko"
Killa Thugs "Murder In Mississippi"
Lil Watts "Whatchu Talkin Bout"

i really like that Hardcore & Da APG, especially that 1st or 2nd song with the Lord Infamous samples in the chorus. they don't really sound like memphis rap though. Tommy Wright and Mac T Dog have some damn good verses on that tape. that Rivaside Clique is kinda average but it can get boring because it sounds the same. i like that Lil Sko even though it doesn't sound like Street Smart or have any Street Smart rappers on it. Killa Thugs is classic underground, it sounds just like memphis.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
spv said:
There was a old Street Smart cd that never came out back in the day but came out in 2004.La Chat Ultimate Revenge it was made around 97/98 but came out in 2004.
Really so it's her old style then. Who is featured on it and who does production? I might have to check that out then.

Thanks in advance for answering the questions.

Nuttkace

spv

Sicc OG
Feb 19, 2006
says beats by Big Pat & DJ Gang Gang

it mostly features Womack and has Big Low and Slow Boy

It really isn't her old style like her verse on Tommy 3 On The Run or 3-6 Mystic Stylez but like she does sound like she did in 99.

the cd is okay has some weakness

its not a tommy 3 cd(since we talking bout street smart)

Jan 19, 2006
I still have the song "Fuck With Us, Get Murdered" from Lil' Ramsey's tape somewhere, although the quality is shite.

One of the best Street Smart songs ever IMO. I mean come on, it's called "Fuck With Us, Get Murdered". (I think it is anyways, since I don't have the tracklisting).

Jun 9, 2002
that la chat was a cd she recorded YEARS ago. its no affiliation with street smart or tw3. she had been recorded that material way back and that label finally put that shit out in 03-04.

tommy exposin info was ready to drop...yal gotta remember 2-3 times folks broke in tommy's studio and took a ass of his masters. he had exposin info ready, loko ready, and project pimp solo ready. thats why he dropped his genesis cd because he had to release something quick.

Sep 12, 2003
Damn, i bet this shit is ultra rare ))
Any info on "Exposin Information" and "Ghetto"? There's 3 tracks on Tommy's "Genesis", but i've never seen these tapes anywhere.