Strange Music Now Seeking Five Blog Contributors

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 4, 2005
Are you a writer? Do you run your own blog? Here’s a chance to gain exposure while working with the fastest rising independent label in the world, Strange Music. Soon we will be launching a blog site that will serve as a one-stop-shop for all the fans of Tech N9ne and the rest of the Strange Music artists to get updates on the latest happenings in the world of Strange such as: interviews, video and song appearances, related news, tour updates, and much more. We want the Strange Music Blog to be the first and only place that fans need to visit to find out what’s going on with Strange Music, and we would love for you to help! Please send a sample of your work along with any relevant links to [email protected] along with a short summary of your writing experience and we’ll get back to you.

Here’s some example posts that you'll be contributing:

- Lists: People like lists, they’re a fun feature that will never get old. Here’s a few examples of lists you could conjure up today!

o 10 Favorite Wallpapers of Strange Music artists

o 5 Favorite Drinking Songs by Tech N9ne and Strange Music artists

o 10 Best Fan Submitted Twitter Backgrounds

- Media Creations: You could create a media slide show or animation featuring Strange Music artists-- be creative!

- Social Posts: Our artists are on Twitter and UStream all the time! What are they talking about? Are they hinting at any future projects? You could contribute a gossip-column-like post that hints at possibilities for future developments involving the artists at Strange Music and collect the links to back-up your case!

- Editorial Related: Surprise us! Do you think you have the eye to spot trends in the current state of hip hop? We want to leave open some room for your brilliance to shine through without constraints.

Your posts will require approval to be posted on the blogs, however if you're selected you could serve the fans as one of the few blog writers for Strange Music. Though there is no payment involved, giveaways and contests will be provided throughout the interim and you can gain a lot of exposure from your writing. We think of this as an independent news source with independent writers around the world. We want your insight as a Strange Music fan whether you live locally or beyond. Send us an email to [email protected] and we can go from there!

Nov 14, 2002
Come one, come all! Do more shit for us for free! Don't like an album? Too fucking bad, we won't post that!

Can you spell and lick our balls at the same time? This job is for you!

They should just contact me and let me do it. If they send me free swag on a regular basis I'll pretend everything Strange does is dope... because that's how you get ahead in life.

Come on Travis... Please?

I'll even write a list of my favorite Tech N9ne sex tracks. I can see it now...

Sexlist: No Guys Allowed

One thing about Tech N9ne that makes his music so appealing is the way he manages to cover so many topics in just a few songs. Personally, my favorite type of Tech track is a club banger with booty on the mind. Here are a just a few of Tech's best sex tracks, in no particular order...

Nov 14, 2002
Hello sirs and/or ladies...

My name is Tom, and I'm interested in being one of your five bloggers. I have been a fan of Tech N9ne since a friend of mine bought Absolute Power back in 2002. I'm from New York and Tech N9ne was definitely not a well known artist here at that time. The cd was on sale at the local Tower Records, and we only had a few bucks in our pockets. We were there to buy anything new or interesting and Tech's album cover caught our eye. I eventually walked out with a Psychopathic Rydas cd (It was 2002, what?), and my friend walked out with a (then unknown) Tech N9ne AP cd. Once we got into the car, we put the Tech cd in... What the fuck were we to expect from a dude with red spiked hair? We really had no idea.

We sit through the intro... "I'm rollin' like a muthafucka hahhhahaahaa."

Ok..

Industry is Punks starts... The beat is like nothing we've ever heard. It's heavy. It's loud. We're already interested in what we bought. The feeling is what I can only describe as epic, and that's only the beat. The second Tech starts with "Don't nobody wanna deal with a..." with that fast rap style we looked at each other. We knew we were hearing something different and new. Our faces both said "What the fuck did we just find?" We banged that album straight through three or four times that night. The title song "Absolute Power" blew us the fuck away. We poked through the booklet and found out that Tech had another cd called "Anghellic"... By the time I woke up the next day my friend had already hit up a NY Best Buy and found an original Anghellic, Planet Rock and all.

Wow. This album might be better than the last one we heard. Where can I find more? Interwebs.

From that day on I told my friend that one day we'd meet this dude to tell him how dope his shit was. I got on Therealtechn9ne.com and jumped on the forums. Not long after I was introduced to the siccness and with that I heard about TechN9neHQ.com. My friend isn't exactly the computer type, and didn't really believe you could be in such close contact with such a great artist through a computer... He wound up leaving the state for months and upon his return I handed him an FTI shirt.

We were hooked. We did promo in one little car at Tower Records', High Schools, postin' shit on poles, the full nine.

Needless to say I've been a fan of Tech N9ne for close to ten years now. I haven't always loved everything from Strange, and maybe not always from Tech himself, but I've always been around, bangin' Tech out of any car I could put the cd into. Everyone who knows me knows I'll keep them up to date on the new Tech shit, whether I liked that particular album, or not.From Kutty, to Krizz... I've even listened to enough Liquid Assasin to make a lesser mans ears bleed.
===

If this isn't a decent representation of my writing, than I can refer you to my siccness blog at http://siccness.net/vb/blog.php?u=4180. I like to think it's clever, though I've been wrong.

I don't have to use coarse language to write, but I do enjoy a bit of freedom. Perhaps too much at times. I try my best to write as I would speak... I understand that you would expect a professional standard of quality which I believe I can deliver.

I appreciate your consideration,
Zer0.MediA
I think I'd be decent... That's how street crackers write! what?

Nov 14, 2002
Believe it or not I got a positive response. Gonna write up something tailored more towards the format they're looking for in the next couple of days and we'll see what happens.

It's funny, the guy said (I paraphrase).. "It's better to have a working Ford Taurus than a Maybach with no engine in it" referring to my writing, basically saying "that was decent, can you do it twice."

I lol'd.

I've never had someone say "Your writing is good, but we're looking for quantity over quality."

Nov 14, 2002
I need some help from you guys... I want to write a "Top 5 reasons..." type of list for this thing.

Anyone have legitimate suggestions for a top 5 list?

I have something typed up but I'm not sure if I like it so much yet... It's decent, but I don't know if it's something I want to submit. I know we all like to crack jokes and shit but I'm looking for at least a few honest answers.

Please don't suggest "Top 5 drinking songs" or "Top 5 sex songs". I want something original... it'll help give me motivation to write if it's a worthwhile list.