Strange Music has failed.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2003
Poor promotion. Repetative touring with the same acts (KMK & Hed PE which are even more repetative than tech n9ne shows). No videos on MTV. No promotion on the streets. (I've yet to get any skatter and snug promo materials in the mail and the album has been out for a while now).

IT IS 100% CLEAR THAT GOOD MARKETING IS NOT TAKING PLACE.

I have been listening to tech n9ne since 2001. And NOTHING has changed. Tech still makes dope music. He still puts on a good show. He has good artists on his label. But....

I don't know about you all. I'm sick of reading about how tech is gonna blow up and be the next big act to bring rap back, let alone put KC on the map, and SHIT IS JUST NOT HAPPENING.

It's gotta be even more irritating being from KC and seeing this shit NOT happening in front of your eyes.

If I was Skatterman and Snug, I would be pissed. Didnt they try to leave strange a while back because of bullshit like this.

From the outside looking in. It seems like promises have been made to these supporting artists like s&s and kutt. Yet nothing special happened this year. Other than a few album releases and a few magazine articles, tech is still the same, struggling, underground rapper he always has been. Struggling in the sense of what he COULD be. He has money yes. But this man could be way richer.

I love your music tech, but when the fuck are you gonna suck it up and get on a label that will market and distribute your shit right? You can't have so many demands with rights. You gotta put your ass on the line if you wanna cross it. I'm no lawyer but it seems like strange music is pretty greedy. Not wanting to give a cut to a bigger label in order to make more. If your not willing to lose what you stake, than you don't deserve a chance at the prize pool.

Fans shouldnt have to let you guys know directly that a store isnt carrying any of your cd's. You should have a marketing company that makes sure your cd is on every shelf of every cd store in the world.

I'll always listen to tech n9ne music. But the novelty of thinking that more people out there will get to here such dope rap music, well it's just never gonna happen it seems.

I wish tech all the success in the world. But it's starting to feel like the movement is over.

My friends dont ask me if theres any new tech out or shit like that anymore. I tell people that techs coming to concert and everyones like "ahh i been to a few and theyre all the same". It's like people are losing interest.

Thats all thats on my mind for now.

Jul 1, 2004
We had a thread about this recently and i totally agree with ya. but one point you made that i liked and agreed with. People are losing intrest in Tech. They're tired of waitin around.

Jun 23, 2003
I remember when people first heard tech they loved it. We all waited around, support the movement and nothing else is happening really.

The only thing IMO left for tech to do is bite the bullet and sign on somewhere.

Aint gonna happen though.

Oct 25, 2006
I hate to say it, but azryda is right. People simply aren't interested anymore. Whenever I talk about Tech, people get on the subject of Everready. Everready is almost 2 fucking years old now. I ask people about Killer, and they'll be like "what the fuck is that". Really, Strange has gotta be the biggest disappointment as a label I've seen yet. All of the details in the previous post are spot on, and the fans SHOULDN'T have to tell you (or better yet, give advice, since you guys are SO good at what you do that you don't have to try what we suggest) how to get your exposure. Tech, you should at least be a fucking household name by now. You've had an obscene amount of songs that a Tech fan would consider as a "gem", and still nobody knows your name outside of juggalos and potheads. I don't see your reasoning at all. You say you want to go global, yet stick with the label that EVERYBODY knows isn't gonna give you what you desire or want to achieve. Seeing as how Travis is the only other name who gets mentioned in Strange Music besides the artists and producers, I would have to assume that he's the top dog, and from the looks of things, he isn't giving his all like the artists and producers are. He's sittin back with a Maybach, while the artists on Strange are making music. What's Trav doing? He sure as hell isn't promoting or getting the Strange roster radio play or exposure, so what IS he doing that's attracting new fans and listeners? Nothing. Anybody can bitch at me whichever way I want, but if you're gonna protest what I say, give me some facts and figures. Prove me wrong. I would like to be proven wrong, because this shit with Strange is NOT fucking working.

Jul 1, 2004
That 4 year wait on Everready(which didnt impress me alot) took a toll on the fan base. Nobody wants to wait 4 years on their favorite artists new material. Another thing is, Strange Music has a TON of LOYAL FANS, WANTING to promote and spend their own time spreading the word. After 3 Years they are just now gettin the problem fixed? 3 Years too late people are movin on to new things.

Dec 14, 2005
If people are loosing interest because hes not blowing up, then fuck them. Who cares? As long as he doesnt stop making great music ill always be interested in Techs shit... yeah theyre not really doing what it takes to propel him into mainstream popularity, but as long as Tech is happy enough with his situation to stick with it then im good..

shit Tech could have given up after Absolute Power or Anghellic more so and we wouldnt have gotten some of the best rap albums ive ever heard...

I say ride this bitch Tech till the wheels fall off

Sep 4, 2006
If people are loosing interest because hes not blowing up, then fuck them. Who cares? As long as he doesnt stop making great music ill always be interested in Techs shit... yeah theyre not really doing what it takes to propel him into mainstream popularity, but as long as Tech is happy enough with his situation to stick with it then im good..

shit Tech could have given up after Absolute Power or Anghellic more so and we wouldnt have gotten some of the best rap albums ive ever heard...

They aren't going losing interest because he's not blowing up. It seems that it could possibly be because Tech isn't doing anything new, or different. His just spinning in circles, so to speak.

Jul 1, 2004
^^ i hear ya but he obviously doesnt wanna stay there or they wouldnt bring up the typical WE GOIN GLOBAL OR ALBUM OF THE YEAR shit. If your gonna stay in the middle stop sayin your goin mainstream its idiotic and misleading.

EDIT- this was in reply to RAWBS

Oct 25, 2006

As for Tech career, I would have to say he has already succeeded, what I'm pissed about is that the label hasn't put out as much as he has. Tech puts his heart into his music, but his label heads can't even put out a little bit of fucking money out of the revenue they're making from his music into video or radio play. This keeps going in circles, and Tech's happy with Strange yada yada yada but the thing is, Tech won't TRULY be happy until he's able to relax with his kids. That's not gonna happen with Strange. Tech keeps going in circles too, and for the millionth time, Tech keeps saying he's happy with Strange, but he doesn't realize that the label he praises is also behind the quote "constantly making elite shit, and only a handful of you get it". Nobody can "get" anything unless they know that you exist. And it's obvious that Strange isn't trying to get his name known like they say they are. Tech has all the money he wants, but he's still trying to go global, and that's simply not gonna happen with Strange.

Oct 25, 2006
yeah it does seem like jack shit is being done.. but the music keeps getting better and better
Exactly the point. Tech was doing excellent with Everready compared to how he did with Absolute Power, but between now and Everready, it hasn't gotten any better (exposure-wise).

Tech makes us (the fans) out to be the bad guys, yet we're the ones ordering promo materials and offering to promote his record. With all of his regards to us, it sounds like he's really aiming his anger at the wrong people. We're willing to promote his music, but his label buddies won't send out the promo material. We buy the music and tell out friends about him, and he says we take his music lightly. I don't understand it, I really don't.

LoFa

Sicc OG
Jun 26, 2007

That's what I'm saying..at least the first part. Music's music. Why do politics mean so much to ya'll? If your favorite artist keeps putting out great music for YOU to enjoy...why does it matter? Do you listen to Tech 'cuz you're hopin' he blows up, then you can tell all the bandwagon jumpers you knew about him before them? Is it an ego thing?

Why should it matter? Seriously. I agree...SM sucks in a ton of aspects...but at the same time...they're just NOW starting to really take off. It takes time when working with your own Indy label off of your own funds. What's different from subnoize, psy, and strange...is...psy and subnoize had a ton of money to invest after originally signing to majors and making money. Tech's never had funds like that and never signed to a major.

I rather him not sign to one anyway, and do it independently like he's said all along. But once again, none of this matters. Good music's coming out...I'll continue to pick it up until I'm no longer entertained.

Jan 30, 2006
Tech knows if he really wanted to blow up, he could at any point. Like he says fuck the industry....He doesnt want to be on Mtv every second like bitch lil wayne n shit. He has more than enough talent to be on the radio with #1 jams....But he chooses not to make that type of lolipop bullshit music...he actually HAS talent. Does it really matter if strange isnt promoting enough? Who gives a fuck, if people knew what good music is, they will eventually start listing. I figure, as long as tech doesnt give a fuck...why should we give a fuck? its his career. and that goes for all the other people on strange, they know what they got into...and as of now, they would have left if they didnt like it.

Jun 23, 2003
After thinking about it more. I think Travis has alot to do with things not getting done.

I picture all of the strange artists at the strip club and travis has all of their nightly allowances in an envelope. Kutt says " yo trav I wanna get a dance" Travis then slides tech a hundred and says hit me up when that runs out kutt!

Its like hes feeding them all bullshit.

Kutts first album was good enough to get his name out there. That was a big time failure.

Urban Legendz from SS was way better than the new album, yet this new one is what made travis "cutt the check".

Fuckin bullshit.

Strange artists need to fight the power and leave this mess.

And I already said it. We will all continue to listen to tech. It's just sad seeing him not meet his potential.

Even e-40 had to do a major deal with BME in order to get an album in the mainstream. Now look at him. He is a major pioneer and business man.

Tech dont own a brand of liquor or a couple of fat burgers.

Yes, we know tech will continue to make good music too. Thats fine. But he raps about being held back and not making it and struggling.

It COULD be partially his own fault.