store bought computers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
anybody recommend any store bought computers for making music??...it's going to be used for pre-production recordings and will be either running Pro-Tools on it or Sonar...I was just wondering if theres any computers/Pc's under a G that would be sufficient enough to record music on...if not im going to have to build one...but If I can buy one at best buy for a cool price i'm going to go that route...I don't need amazing space and all that high tech shit just enough to record on...

and I tried lookin for a post like this and couldn't find it so I posted it...

May 1, 2003
If you got CD/DVD drives, an extra Hard drive. monitor, keyboard and mouse and an old case...you can just go out and get the bare essentials such as the motherboard ,processor and ram for under G. Easy. I just built my wife an AMD Dual Core fx2 4600 ...under a G. Processors are coming down fast, and you'll get a really good deal if you check spots like www.newegg.com or FRY's...find a CompUSA near you. They are going out of business and they carry computer cases etc. All really cheap now.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
real talk if u got about 1100 i can hook u up wit my patna which made mines he works on computers as a living and is liscensed to do so!!!!!

i got about 500 gig hard drive.....4 gigs of memory and still have slots to expand when i need to do so with a dual core processor and dvd/cd burner with all the hardwear

real tlak mines cost about 1250 all together best investment i ever made and it comes with lifetime support