Stoppin smokin weed...any advice?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
I just read the thread bout why peeps smoke weed.

Ive been an addict, smokin everyday for 10 years.

Recently its not been working for me like it did as a kid,
im pushing 30 now, i find weed drains me mentally and physically, it crush's my desire to better myself, makes me so anti social i dont talk to fuckers, just sit in a zone listenin to and makin music.

Ive never got p-noid, even on acid, i used to take all kinds of drugs, but i stopped them all but weed.

I need stop or at least take a break as im tryin to set up a record label and i need motivation and a clear head.

I was wonderin if anybody got any advise particularly those that used to smoke habitually and now dont, how do you feel now?, how long you been clean?, would you smoke again?

I been 10 days clean, that sounds like nothing but for me it is...

May 15, 2002
I used to smoke alot too. But what I did was...just simply stopped buying it and whenever somebody offered it to me even it was free, I refused. It aint hard to do...believe me. The reason most people cant stop is because they dont try hard enough.

Apr 26, 2002
What I did about 2 years ago, it was workin' fine, I had almos quit completely.
Since that Dosia is a Vice, Find sumptin' else that you enjoy doin' more. I started Runnin' and Workin' out. As long as you are doin' somthing to keep your mind off it, you won't even think about smokin' weed.
Good Luck

Apr 25, 2002
i been clean a year now.it's easy once you stay away from it.clear your mind for a couple months.get your mind on other things.and start getting used to being sober.soon you'll see you don't need the weed.the little things start to become clearer and you learn to appreciate lifes situations for whut they are.but with a clear mind your stress is alot easier to control without drugs to confuse you or make you depressed about it.

i think i've quit for good.that is'nt my thing anymore.i learned to deal with my life without weed to confuse me.slowly but surely your life will be in better shape than it was.

hope i can reach you...

Jul 24, 2002
Mista Sinista gots it on point, thats what im doing right now because of a job, jus refuse and in a week or 2 your feeling to wanna smoke will go down, it wont go away but it will go down.

Apr 25, 2002
Tooper said:
i been clean a year now.it's easy once you stay away from it.clear your mind for a couple months.get your mind on other things.and start getting used to being sober.soon you'll see you don't need the weed.the little things start to become clearer and you learn to appreciate lifes situations for whut they are.but with a clear mind your stress is alot easier to control without drugs to confuse you or make you depressed about it.

i think i've quit for good.that is'nt my thing anymore.i learned to deal with my life without weed to confuse me.slowly but surely your life will be in better shape than it was.

hope i can reach you...

May 21, 2002
thanks for the help,

im going to do a whole month and see how i feel..

I needed to hear what Tooper said bout learnin to appreciate life, and being able to control stress and holdin off depression.

well done on the year.

Its the lifestyle thats hard to break, the stayin up late, gettin up late and being quite happy to sit and zone....i agree its fillin in the time and occupyin the mind, its hard to stay away from friends who are sat there gettin high.

Its true though what Mista Sinista said, if you dont try hard enough you wont succeed....

Apr 25, 2002
yea it's hard to stay away from friends who still smoke.i did that though i just stayed away from that scene for a long time.one a my homies quit when i stoped coming around.so now we're on the same level.

but staying away only makes you stronger knowing you can deal with it on your own and soon forget about smoking weed.

my homie would drop out for a few months and stay clean too.i guess it's part of staying clean.you gotta get away from it.

you can always go back to kicken it with your homies but then they'll know your serious about it and won't pressure you to smoke out with them.

just get things together for yourself whutever that might be and see the difference when your stoned with problems and sober with problems.

it's really different.

for me i would dwell on all my problems when i was stoned.i could'nt do that no more.it took alot of time to see i was just fucking with my head getting high all the time.

being clean only helps you figure shit out easier.

May 15, 2002
www.oaklandbanshees.com
Mista Sinista said:
I used to smoke alot too. But what I did was...just simply stopped buying it and whenever somebody offered it to me even it was free, I refused. It aint hard to do...believe me. The reason most people cant stop is because they dont try hard enough.
Me too...but now I don' buy it at all. I'll smoke someone elses weed every so often when I feel like it or if I'm really stressed out or have a headache. But I have a lot of self control and I won't smoke just cause everyone is. You have to learn to say "NO"

Jun 14, 2002
ive quit befo but i had no reason to quit all the way..juss drop it dont buy it...juss stay busy it aint hard to quit i smoked 2 yrs str8 everyday almost and i quit for a month and relized that i didnt wanna quit...but juss sayin it aint hard man