Stockton teen shot, killed by police following vehicle chase

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 8, 2005
Police are on a murdering spree!!!!!
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100722/A_NEWS/100729918
STOCKTON — Police officers shot and killed a teen-aged boy after a vehicle chase through north Stockton neighborhoods Thursday morning.

Family members and witnesses said the teen was James Rivera, a 15-year-old who was once enrolled at Bear Creek High School. Law enforcement officials have not confirmed his identification or age.

The late morning incident, which ended at Bancroft Way and Salters Drive, drew dozens of neighbors from their homes and onto sidewalks.

Read Friday’s Record for more on this story by staff writer Jennifer Torres.

Apr 8, 2005
Stockton teenager shot following police chase - UPDATED 2:03 p.m.
Print this ArticlePrint this Article Email this ArticleEmail this Article
Text Size: A | A | A
By The Record
July 22, 2010 11:31 AM

STOCKTON - A 15-year-old boy was shot multiple times by police officers this morning, according to members of his family and witnesses, following a chase in north Stockton. He was identified by an uncle as James Rivera, a Bear Creek High School student, and he lived in the neighborhood.

At about 10:15 a.m., police spotted a blue van that was wanted in connection with a recent carjacking that involved a shotgun, police spokesman Officer Pete Smith said.

A three-minute pursuit ensued that ended when he was rammed, according to witnesses, by a Stockton Police Department patrol car. The boy lost control of the van and crashed into the side of a garage near the intersection of Salters Drive and Bancroft Way.

Witnesses said they heard police order him out of the car and then reported hearing 16 or 17 gunshots. They next saw the boy taken out of the car and away from the scene in an ambulance.

The boy was shot by more than one officer, said Smith.

Witnesses at the scene this morning were expressing anger with police and yelling at investigating officers.

Apr 8, 2005
Where does it say those were the cops shots at him? Were you there? Maybe he shot at the cops 14 times and got shot twice.
I don't need a camera to figure this one out. I doubt the kid was on some O-DOG crazy mentality shoot em up bang bang with the po po's type trip.....maybe someone threw a pack of fireworks. I don't know. I just posted the article.

Dec 4, 2006
the way I see it..if you gonna pull out a gun on the cops..at least take one out or hurt a few..

that's just my opinion on situations like this one...

Jun 10, 2002
sometimes you can tell a kid some shit a hundred times but if they arent gonna listen then they just are going to have to learn for themselfs. I feel for the kids family and shit like that. but damn cops probly thought he was strapped up and was reaching and did what they had to do.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
rip to that youngsta but . u reap what u sow... his family should have learned him better. if i car jacked sum one witha shotty went on a high speed chased smashed a few cars or my own id expect to get shot too. maybe cause im an adult i relize that pig are looking for any reason to unload. im mean why else do to they pull out the strap just cause me headlight is out??

Mar 14, 2010
and that little dumb fucks family and friends aint worth a shit for not lettin him know that, like many other young dumb stupid kids that throw their lives away
You should know better that kids these days aint gonna Listen to NOBODY wether it be PARENTS or Friends, this future generation is Fucked up and Crazy! You think people have off and on switches that make their kids listen? WTF? And you think he's gonna listen to his Friends? Them muthafuckas probably told him to do it! RIP To the kid and for those of you that dont know.... Stockton aint no Joke and has Been Grimy since the 70's. Lots of crime, killing and drugs in a Place that had "NO" Outlets for youngsters to go Have fun,play sports or Join Activities clubs at a Community Center until recently. Being from STOCKTON is like already being in a Gang since birth without asking for it. No matter what side your on, Niggas and ENE's dont like any other side wether your a HUSTLER or Draped in Blue or Red...Fools aint got shit to do out here but JACK,SLANG and MURDER for (So-Called) Respect. I love my City and I rep till death...But this aint nuthing new..... I dont Glorify violence and I stand for SELF DEFENSE and whats right is right.....But if your stealing vans and Running from the SPD expect to get More than Just a Trip to SJC Jail or Peterson Juvenile Hall. They "WILL" Put hands & Feet on you and in this case and many others....a Fucking Full Clip.

Oh yeah.... Go ahead and add the "COOL STORY BREH" Picture.....:eek:

Mar 12, 2010
IT IS TOO BAD BUT AS MANY HAVE ALREADY STATED YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW IF YOU DONT WANT TO GET SHOT BY COPS DONT PUT YOURSELF IN A SITUATION WHERE YOUR HAVING A BUNCH OF SCARED COPS WITH GUNS AROUND YOU