Stencil Art, Does any1 Mess with it

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2003
I was jus curious if anyone else has ever messed with stencil art.
wanted to hear some peoples opinions on it.

It is pretty easy to do, the stencils are always re-usable, and puttin one up is much less time consuming that busting an actual graff hit up.

Are you on the side where stenciling is alright with you or you think people need to just stick to graffiti only?

If you have stencil work of any type (on street, shirts, canvas, etc.)
post a pic of it
or tell what you have done,
give advice
give criticism
whatever
give your comments on stencil art

here are jus a couple of mine, bout to make the angry face one about 30 inches tall and give it a home under a freeway bridge

Apr 5, 2003
SOME OF THE BASIC THINGS YOU WILL NEED ARE:

acetate paper
( there are many things you can cut your stencils out of, I choose this cus it's easy to cut and roll up )

exacto knife with plenty of extra blades

adhesive spray so you can stick whatever printed picture you are cutting onto the acetate paper

tape, nobodies perfect, so have some tape on hand in case a repair is called for

spraypaint (unless you were gonna use explosive diarrhea to paint the walls )

photoshop CS helps for the trickier stencils and multi layer ones but for basic ones you probably don't need it to much, still it is good to learn how to create stencil ready pics with photoshop so you develope a better eye for the details that go along with a good stencil cut

another program called posterazor helps, it allows you to turn a 1 page picture into as many pages as you want to make a small stencil into a large one

those are the general basics I can remember right now, depending on what your putting your stencil on you made need some extra tools, but this list right here has a street hit up pretty much covered

(and to answer INCHEZ question, it is not a roar bong, just a glass on glass sour, I don't know what a roar bong is, but I'd like to try one!! )

Mars

Serial Killer / Rapist
Sep 14, 2002
Pittsburg, CA
www.madinsanity.com
Quick tips for people thinking about using stencils. Use a material thick enough that wont curl up when sprayed with paint. The wind will be a factor. Also, if your too lazy to cut out your own stencil, you can find a place that lazer cuts them for you. I'm looking into getting an an aluminum one hella big and hittin all kinds of places up again.

Feb 23, 2006
GAZMAZK said:
uHHHHH oK..
care to elaborate?

or was that it captain obvious
as tagger, i dont think thats graiffit. i think thats being more 'chilled' or more 'cautious' at not getting caught. i rather pick up a can and damage my city, hoppin fences and roofs...hitin the bus yards. goin against the cops, feel me?

but, your stencils are clean...same wit mars.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
stencils = streetart.
most streetartists and graffiti writers don't get a long too well around these parts...gazmazk and mars stencils are cool.

Banksy is doing some seerious shit though dude is a savage with stencils and he's making bank too. Check out : http://www.banksy.co.uk/

Apr 5, 2003
I hear ya FourOneFog,
You enjoy the rush and challenge of graffitti hit ups, no doubt graffitti hit ups on average are way more risky and time consuming that a stencil hit up would be. As a whole I love graffitti more than stenciling it's just that stenciling is a quick and easy way of gettin your art out there and spread. Where I live is a pretty popular and lively city so it's hard to be able to ever plan a graff hit up, not that I could even make a clean 1 if I had the chance, graff artists are leaps and bounds ahead of me as far as artistic ability goes, I'll admit.

I know Mars and I ain't the only ones who've gotten down here,
creep on out the cut and show us your hit ups people.

Here are some extra stencil shots for any1 with an appetite

"I BELIEVE THE STENCILED CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE,
SPRAY THEM WELL AND LET THEM BE DISPLAY"

-Whitney Houston while on salvia swiggin a colt 45 liq at the lips and get licked by Billy Dee Williams near the hips