STARCRAFT II is finally coming boys

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 11, 2004
'Starcraft II'--strap yourself in, boys
May 21, 2007 8:29 AM PDT
Add to your del.icio.usdel.icio.us Digg this storyDigg this

Blizzard Entertainment, maker of the hugely successful Warcraft and Starcraft PC game series, reveals that it's finally working on a Starcraft sequel. According to early reports from Blizzard's Worldwide Entertainment Event in Seoul, the company plans to renew the space-combat battles among the game's three species--Terran, Protoss and Zerg--and offer a new storyline and modern graphics.

The new story takes place four years after the 1998 expansion pack Starcraft: Brood Wars, and features new planets, characters, units, weapons and combat. For more information read the preview posted by CNET Networks' GameSpot.

On its Web site, Blizzard makes fun of itself and the long wait for this sequel. Starcraft was originally released in 1998. No release date for Starcraft II has been set.

Credit: Blizzard.com
More Galleries

THIS IS SICK CANT WAIT... i also read that this has already been released in korea.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^^ OCT 08 is not a long as time and I think it will be way before that(shit its been a decade literally since the first one whats another year and 5 months lol). You should listen to the press release video on gamespy.com the question was asked how long they been working on this game. Cause like myself and others, when a press release comes out about a new game that is in the works, you typically don’t have videos and images much less 5 to 6 game play videos available right after you announce the game. The response to this question was they have been working on the game since 2002!! Right after the release of World of Warcraft reign of chaos came out. That’s a long ass time to be working on a game and not saying shit. (I hope Naughty Dog is doing this same tactic for a new “Jak and Daxter” game) Judging from the gameplay videos, this shit going to be tight as fuck! I like the new 3D look and the advanced weapons used. Some kind of laser is used with the protoss now. Also looks like the amount of guys to attack at one time has increased. One of the most impressive things to me was the ZERGs new guy that comes from being hidden underground and jumps out and tries to eat you like that worm thing in star wars. Only this guy unloads guys like a drop ship would. Overall this game looks very good indeed.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Been playing the BETA for a while now, its a sick game, still very well balanced, the heart of a good RTS.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
^^The BETA is fuckin sicc. Love all the new features. Its all about the Protoss Warp Rays. This game inspired me to finally upgrade my computer. I upgraded my monitor to a Acer P235Hbmid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor. Upgraded my power supply to a Antec BP550 Plus 550W. And last but not least upgraded my Graphics card to a HDMI Radeon HD 4650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2. Didnt need some huge fancy card but it runs StarCraft II on all High graphics flawless.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
you don't really need a high end PC for it, but it helps. You really need a stable connection, thats it.

When the full game is out, add each other maybe we can get 2v2's 3v3's ect..

I use Terran alot, don't like Zerg and sometimes use Protoss.