Southern opinions on the Bay Area/Hyphy movement?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 8, 2007
Everybody in the South, I'm curious as to what your area thinks about all the hyphy shit goin on in the bay... Has it gotten big at all there? Or does everybody think it's ridiculous?

Here in the Tampa bay area, it's pretty much regarded as lame. Especially the whole Yellow Bus thing. The only song that every really made it down here was Tell me When to Go. And even that song was pretty much bashed when it was on the radio and shit....

Yet at the same time, there's a thizz south?? What's going on with that??

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
im feelin some of it.
mistah fab
messy
a few others
i dont mess with some of it....

nobody else here is really into in..more because they only know what to listen to whats poppin on the radio and nothing else

Feb 8, 2003
iM FROM MEMPHIS AND WHEN I GO BACK TO VISIT I NEVER HEAR ANYONE TALKING ABOUT IT EVER They dont even talk about it here as a matter of fact I played Keak da Sneak to my niggas and they was like turn taht gremlin sound weak nigga off,. I think its only big in Cali thats it

May 30, 2006
I'm in N.Cali & I think the shit is wack & corny. I smh everytime I'm out here in the streets seeing some coon ass nigga wearing a spiderman backpack, sporting a frooy loop outfit & shaking his nappy headed ass dreads 2 a song with circus beats. Its clown rap like crunk music.

Dec 13, 2006
WELL REALLY THAT SHIT YALL SPEAKIN ON AINT REALLY WAT HYPHY IS ABOUT IT STARTED AS SOME STREET SHIT THAT HAD NUTTIN TO DO WIT WEARIN THEM BACKPACKS AND ALL THAT AS FAR AS THE DANCIN GOES SHIT WE JUS WANNA HAVE FUN AINT NUTTIN WRONG WIT THAT WE BEEN DOIN THAT SHT

Oct 8, 2007
So what you guys don't like about bay music, is it the sound, the concepts or the lyrics?
uh yeah.... none of it. but look, i'm not saying all bay music is shitty. not the case. i like the real shit, shit like awax and of course mac dre (rip). i listen to older yuk as well.

what i don't like is the current hyphy movement. i just think it's corny. sound, style, and lyrics.... how can that many people seriously write songs called go dumb and expect anybody to take them seriously. my point was, everybody in FL that even knows about that shit thinks it's the stupidest trend to hit hip-hop in years.