Soulja Slimm Murdered at Magnolia projects in New Orleans

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.soullyric.com
No Limit artist Soulja Slimm and once upon a time Cash Money artist was guned down in the Magnolia projects in New Orleans tonight at 7pm. Eric Robinson of Grooveline Magazine just called and informed me, but more details will be coming soon. Another Soulja gone.

R.I.P. My niggaz Coughnut, Eric (Eazy-E) Wright, and Pac these are the niggaz I chilled wit on a day 2 day basis

Apr 25, 2002
We posted this at the same time homie.

Rapper Soulja Slim killed

The Associated Press
11/26/2003, 10:15 p.m. CT

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — James Tapp, better known as rapper Soulja Slim, was shot and killed as he got out of his vehicle in front of his mother's house Wednesday evening.

New Orleans Police Department spokesman Sgt. Paul Accardo said Tapp, 25, was shot several times in his mother's front yard on Lafaye Street and though police are sure Tapp was the target of the shooting, they don't yet have a motive.

Tapp's lyrics were laden with talk of violence, including references to drugs, gangs and drive-by shootings. He was signed to rapper Master P's No Limit label.
one

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Damn....

Slim was one of the only EX-no limit(or any no limit for that matter) artist i was still feeling. He had some spitz for sure.

Fuck thats bad news.....

Homie just got the cover of the new MurderDog Mag. too. That means he was doing something right. Just got his new CD to it was bangin!

My prayers go out to his family and friends.

R.I.P.-Magnolia(Soulja)Slim

Nuttkace

Nov 2, 2002
Man, every time i hear about shit like this happening, i want to stop listening to rap music all together.
FUCK the magnolia projects. I hate that place. I lived in Louisiana for 2 years. Shit is probly the most ghetto area in AMerica. And all these rappers are glorifying it. I just dont understand it sometimes.
Rest in PEace to SOulja SLim

Feb 8, 2003
ninaonina said:
Fasho, this makes me wanna just say fucked this game, you can't even enjoy the rap game without getting smoked. Now watch his record sales boost and his family want even see a dime, that's fucked up.

True thats what I'm thinking also homie.
Too much jealously in this world nobody wants you to shine more than them. You don't even have to be a rich rapper all you have to do is have a hot song or a couple good albums then you have to watch your back, side, front with a third eye 24 hrs even when you with your kids use Camaflauge for example that man was walking with his son and got murdered in front of him for god sake. No matter what you do you can't satisfy haters not even if you donate a lung.

It looks like all Cash Money, No Limit, B.G. needs to stay the fuck out of Magnolia because they could be a target.

R.I.P
Soulja Slimm
I was waiting for that group album with Soulja & B.G.

Aug 7, 2002
damn, i feel ya cesolito 1...i be kinda scared when i go outside to da club all these people and shit u never know a nygga can pop u like that and people be runnin no body wouldn't no it was him...they can't get they own shit or what they just sum stupid bitches them type of bitches should burn n hell...i don understand though how can u hate like that? i've never hated before..and when niggaz get killed other nyggas asks ''why'' why is there haters...not only get killed cuz of u shinin on albums but also gurls, haters got lots of problems when a nygga see a gurl kissin and shit...i remember one time this dude slitted this nyggas throat for fuckin with a girl that he liked...peeps needa calm down wit all dat stuff dats why niggas is strapped up ready for whatever when it comes to haters trynna kill him cuz of his success...damn

Aug 7, 2002
yeaa man the magnolia projects is the dirtiest place...along with detroit, bay area, kansas and detroit...do yaw think this will happen til the end of da world or do yaw think theres gon be a stop in da future?

Jun 9, 2002
everybody in yo old neighborhood aint yo friend

everybody u know dont like u

people that u dont even know dont like you

all you can do is just live yo life. and u doin a lot of talk about that gun and knife and killing/murdering....be prepared to live it sometimes.

certain rappers you just wont see havin this problem. its rappers mentality's its not just the street folks thats hating to blame.... why dont u ever see dre or big boi from outkast have this problem or t mo from goodie mob. them cats dont never talk about what they will or wont do on a tape, they for the better ment. but let somebody come up to them on some bullshit and see wont they smoke his ass. them cats live everyday normal lives, dont fuck wit nobody just do they thang minding they own. thats why a lot of rappers end up RIP because they have a certain image or lifestyle that comes along with who they are.

Aug 7, 2002
wha ya'll think about brotha lynch hung? nygga talks bout choppin body up to pieces and eatin babies but thats just on tape i know he wouldn't do no shit like that in real life...sum nyggas just be rappin bout killin and shit cuz other niggas like that type of shit...they like that music thats what gives da rappers credit with tight beats n shit...i know sum may do real shit but damn dey just protect themselves so dey wont get killed and when dey get caught it's a 22 to life fo dey ass and nobody wont trust ya that it was a self defense...