Sony & Nintendo E3 press conferences were WEAK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
Nintendo didn't show 1 game I would buy for the Wii, Wii music looks pretty gay...nothing ground breaking...their biggest annoucement was a add on for the Wii remote to make it more sensitive...big fucking deal!!

Sony's press conference was even a bigger dissapointment, cause this was supposed to be their time to shine...Coming off their 1st big title of MSG4, this was supposed to be their E3 to show Kill Zone 2, God of War 3, tell us some news on HOME and we got nothing...They showed resistance 2, but that didn't look 2 special...oh and thier big news on the online front..they are now going to offer movies and T.V. shows...uhhh..yeah...Xbox360 been had that for a min now...nothing new or innovative...I was hoping for big news, show some demo's of big title games, that would make me want a PS3 other then for being a Blue Ray player....and they didn't...so weak!!

Microsoft was the clear cut winner for this E3 press conference...brand new Live experience, redesigned dashboard, and pulling another PS franchise to the 360 with FF 13, showing most of their games playable with on stage demo's, and not just trailers...Sony's and Nintendo's lack luster E3 press conference actually made me believe for the 1st time that M.S. can actually win this generation!

Nov 11, 2005
WTH u talking about all microsoft did was copy everybody else idea and made their own (ripoffs)avatars = Miis and Home, Scene It = Buzz, Lips = Singstar, new dashboard = XMB. They only talked about two exclusive games in Gears Of War and Fable 2, nothing completely new and the rest were multiplatforms and casual gaming. Even though the Final Fantasy 13 was a surprise it is going to come a year later after the PS3 version because they haven't even started with the 360 version. Microsoft presentation was wack compare to PS3 but better than Nintendo. PS3 was bringing us new games like God Of War 3 and their new game MAG which is a 256 online player game. PS3 is still taking this generation if you asked me.

Jan 2, 2004
WTH u talking about all microsoft did was copy everybody else idea and made their own (ripoffs)avatars = Miis and Home, Scene It = Buzz, Lips = Singstar, new dashboard = XMB. They only talked about two exclusive games in Gears Of War and Fable 2, nothing completely new and the rest were multiplatforms and casual gaming. Even though the Final Fantasy 13 was a surprise it is going to come a year later after the PS3 version because they haven't even started with the 360 version. Microsoft presentation was wack compare to PS3 but better than Nintendo. PS3 was bringing us new games like God Of War 3 and their new game MAG which is a 256 online player game. PS3 is still taking this generation if you asked me.
You are a fanboy.

Jan 18, 2006
The article on yahoo said otherwise, it said PS3 was the clear cut winner. I gives a fuck, just keep playing the system or systems you play

Aug 7, 2003
Even though the Final Fantasy 13 was a surprise it is going to come a year later after the PS3 version because they haven't even started with the 360 version.
There arent making Final Fantasy for the Xbox 360 in Japan, its only going to be available in Japan on the PS3. But in American Final Fantasy 13 is coming out on Xbox 360 and PS3 at the same exact with no plan differences in either version.

Xbox did what it had to do to stay ahead of the game. PS3 has been talkin bout Home for a minute now and the 360 and their avatars are a pretty good alternatvies to the mii's and probably will hit the consoles before Home so thats a little 1 up on Sony, as they have the same features basically. Not to mention the netflix thing is kinda tight and that xbox live primetime if it does good with 1 vs 100 and gets other prime time family game shows it could do really well. games like family feud, jeopardy, wheel of fortune, its also getting deal or no deal. The new dashboard looks kinda tight and less dorky then the xbox blade system before.

PS3 had some games but resistance 2 looked average besides the big monster but you couldnt even shot it, it was all planned what hte monster does even if you shoot it. Killzone 2 was a no show but they had it at e3 later in the night and it looks kinda cool but 2 heavily dark style shooters arent really going to be blockbusters, maybe real good games but not a game that i need to play. and god of war 3 announcement was just necessary to show, even in its teaser clip form.

And show me a gameplay clip better then that gears of war 2 gameplay footage.

Feb 12, 2003
www.soundclick.com
Too me, MS blew Nintendo and Sony out the water.. And maybe i'm alone on this, but i think tha new dashboard for the 360 is gonna be dope as fuck.. I'm also excited for the RPGs Square Enix is releasin on tha 360.. Ofcourse Gears Of War 2 is gonna kick ass.. I'm still on the fence with Fable 2 tho..

With that said, i think Resistence 2 and Kill Zone 2 looked dope as fuck.. Those are 2 games i'm defantly thinkin bout coppin.

Apr 19, 2005
www.SacTownRadio.com
MS conference was the only 1 to show gameplay footage and co-op realtime game footage

Xbox 360 seems to be the best console for both hardcore and casual gamers...their press conference had a little bit of something for everyone...and that MAG game for PS3 didn't even show any gameplay movies...yeah 256 players sounds good in theory, broke down into 8 squads...but again how does the game look and play?? We don't know, cause Sony showed only 1 triple A title in Resistance 2....and like dude said above, what good is a 300 foot boss that you can only shoot in the mouth with a rocket launcher and can't do any other damage..might as well be a cut scene...so it didn't look like nothin special...I will admit that the real time demo of Kill Zone 2 looked good..but why didn't Sony showcase it on Stage during their press conference? Makes me think they don't have as much confidence in it as people might expect...if they did why wouldn't they bring out the game developer to give a realtime demo and showcase the game?

Dec 22, 2004
not to mention a new Halo game

Microsoft Confirms That Bungie Is Developing New ‘Halo’
26 Comments | Posted by Stephen Totilo on 7/16/08 at 3:13 am.
Here’s something to add to all the E3 drama this week about Bungie Studios‘ canceled/postponed/hyped debut of a new game…

In an interview shot for MTV News on Tuesday, Microsoft’s head of Xbox business Don Mattrick, confirmed to me that Bungie is indeed working on a new “Halo” game of some sort for Microsoft.

I had been asking Mattrick about the lack of “Halo” news at E3. He said that Microsoft’s Monday press conference was already loaded with content and so any announcements for that series weren’t needed to get gamers excited.

I pushed him on the lack of presence for the series and asked him if we should be worried about the no-show of Ensemble Studio’s real-time-strategy game “Halo Wars.” Not only did Mattrick say not to worry and that announcements would be coming, he also said that Microsoft is working with Bungie on a “Halo” game.

I asked for clarification, wondering if Mattrick meant Bungie’s project was “Halo Wars” or the long-announced Peter Jackson “Halo” project. Neither, Mattrick said. The Bungie game is something else.

And then, not surprisingly, the topic was changed.