Sonar + Triton Midi Help Needed!!!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 21, 2004
anyone here got really good experiance wit midi sequencing on the computer???

my speicific problem is that im trying to hook up the Triton to the comp via soundcards midi input/output
and sequence with Sonar 3 producer edition.....

sonar has a lil keyboard icon that sits in the tray next to the clocc n shit on the comp...a red light is supposed to blink when its transmitting any midi data....so i have shit hooked up to what it appears is correct but that thing never blinks so im assuming shit isnt hooked up right since Sonar isnt recieving or sending any midi data to the triton....

im pretty new at midi shit so bare wit me if i sound like i dont know wtf im talkin bout...lol...

it would be really helpful if someone else uses same setup....

Jun 12, 2004
deepsleeprecords.com
Triton "midi out" to computer midi interface "midi in". This is so that you can use the Triton as a controller for one.

You might want to set "local switch" to "off" if you want the midi message to go from your triton to your computer and from the computer back to your triton. Or else you may be getting double the data from what you press on the Triton then what is sent to the computer and back to your triton.

Computer midi interface "midi out" to Triton "midi in". This is so that you can do patch changes from Sonar to the Triton.

You can also do sysex dumps back and forth like this but I don't believe that's necessary now.

You also want to look for an instrument definition file for the triton to use on Sonar. This will allow you to change patched just by clicking on different patches.

Make sure that your midi input and output is configured in the Sonar preferences also.

Apr 25, 2002
In Sonar under options, click on MIDI devices and make sure your in and outs for your sound card are selected...if they are not select them then shut down and re-open sonar..