Soilwork - "Sworn..." New Album [Download]

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
It just got ripped this morning I believe. I've been waiting for it to drop all week and it took longer than I expected for them to do it.

I'm pleased to inform that the "Exile" single is by far the softest song on the album. There is some hard, hard metal going on here overall, LOL. After first listen, I don't know what I think at all though. There are some decent songs, a couple great ones, and a few that I just didnt feel at all. I'll have to give it more listens before I become a better judge of things.

Download Here

1. "Sworn to a Great Divide" − 3:33
  2. "Exile" − 3:49
  3. "Breeding Thorns" − 3:55
  4. "Your Beloved Scapegoat" − 3:58
  5. "The Pittsburgh Syndrome" − 2:46
  6. "I, Vermin" − 3:38
  7. "Light Discovering Darkness" − 3:50
  8. "As the Sleeper Awakes" − 4:18
  9. "Silent Bullet" − 3:26
  10. "Sick Heart River" − 4:12
  11. "20 More Miles" − 4:38

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
It's not that good at all.

Im thoroughly disappointed. I want to hear what the other Soilwork fans here, the ones who introduced me to them, think. (I Fucked Your Mom, DeathPotion).

Maybe i just need to listen more or something. If you REALLY want to hear some good stuff download the previous album "Stabbing the Drama", its tens of times better imo.

May 9, 2002
Well i can tell you that the quality is fuckin horrible on this rip, and it seems to be the only one i can find right now.

As far as the music, it is less death metal and more hard rock this time around it seems. I dont dislike it, but its no STD.

May 9, 2002
Psilo707 said:
I was just told on oink that this sounds the same as the album release basically.

256k is good to me, sounds ok. I think its their literal sound that is rougher, which is why the quality doesnt seem as good? i dunno.
It sounds like someone initially ripped in in 96kbps, burned it to a cd and re-reipped it at 256kbps.

It just sounds awful, and not in a rough way but in a sound quality way.

May 9, 2002
After further review, this is definately not their best album, but i still like it. I do agree that they walking that "WWE theme music" line a bit on here, but they still keep their death metal edge music wise. Lyrically, they are so not death metal that its not even funny.

Mar 19, 2007
Ok, so far Ive gotten thru the first half and at this point Im not impressed either. The first 4 songs are really not that great (Exile being the worst). It seems to pick up by the 5th track, but I didnt make it past track 7... yet.

Alot of the riffs while fast are bland, Speeds vocals are great but the memorable, catchy choruses are not there. The sound quality is sub par at best, for a DL its ok tho. So far I am dissapointed as well...

Stabbing the Drama took a minute ta grow on me, Im hoping this is the case with Sworn. Good look on tha DL Psilo707.

Aint there suppose to be 12 tracks on this album tho......????

Mar 19, 2007
Yeah its pretty decent. Ive been listening to it alot yesterday, found tha 2nd half to be pretty good. Overall its not quite up to par with their last but none the less a decent release... I was expecting something more solid tho...