So what did y'all think of Geoffrey Canada's point of view?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
Very interesting that with all of the back and forth regarding Camron and snitching vs no snitching that none of you (assuming you watched the 60 Minutes segment) have an opinion on what Geoffrey Canada had to say.

Considering Geoffrey Canada represented a voice of reason and not destruction, I can't say I'm surprised.

smh

Oct 6, 2005
MrPeete said:
Very interesting that with all of the back and forth regarding Camron and snitching vs no snitching that none of you (assuming you watched the 60 Minutes segment) have an opinion on what Geoffrey Canada had to say.

Considering Geoffrey Canada represented a voice of reason and not destruction, I can't say I'm surprised.

smh
Mr. Canada is skimming the surface... And presenting a very narrow (one sided) arguement... We all know that if a police officer busts someone's ass his fellow officers are not going to 'Snitch' on him... The Blue Shield, or what ever it's called doesn't allow it... Police departments around the country follow the same code of ethics that Camron does... And so do a lot of US corporations... Most employees would lose their jobs for whistle blowing... Even as kids were taught not to 'tattle tell'... But now that rappers have started to print up 'Stop Snitching' t-shirts it's a problem...? Mr. Canada can kick rocks with that bullshit...

May 10, 2002
Lordbyron said:
Mr. Canada is skimming the surface... And presenting a very narrow (one sided) arguement... We all know that if a police officer busts someone's ass his fellow officers are not going to 'Snitch' on him... The Blue Shield, or what ever it's called doesn't allow it... Police departments around the country follow the same code of ethics that Camron does... And so do a lot of US corporations... Most employees would lose their jobs for whistle blowing... Even as kids were taught not to 'tattle tell'... But now that rappers have started to print up 'Stop Snitching' t-shirts it's a problem...? Mr. Canada can kick rocks with that bullshit...
Last time I checked, there's nothing GENOCIDAL about the Blue Wall (or whatever it's called) and "Whistle Blowing".

Oct 6, 2005
MrPeete said:
Last time I checked, there's nothing GENOCIDAL about the Blue Wall (or whatever it's called) and "Whistle Blowing".
I don't agree... But that's not the arguement I'm making... I'm saying we're being hypocrites if we give the police and corporations a pass for not snitching... But bring the hammer down when rappers don't tell... Either you're opposed to telling or you're not... But it seems that these fools (Anderson Cooper & Mr. Canada) want it both ways... The police don't have to tell on their own but rappers do...?

May 10, 2002
Lordbyron said:
I don't agree... But that's not the arguement I'm making... I'm saying we're being hypocrites if we give the police and corporations a pass for not snitching... But bring the hammer down when rappers don't tell... Either you're opposed to telling or you're not... But it seems that these fools (Anderson Cooper & Mr. Canada) want it both ways... The police don't have to tell on their own but rappers do...?
lol ... That whole segment went way over your head if you think this has anything to do with ONLY the rappers "snitching".

Wow...

Oct 6, 2005
MrPeete said:
lol ... That whole segment went way over your head if you think this has anything to do with ONLY the rappers "snitching".

Wow...
No, the segment didn't go over my head at all... But I think my arguement may be going over your head if you don't realize that the 'Blue Wall' and Camron's code of ethics are the exact same thing... Like I said before the arguement that I'm making goes across the board... If the police want folks in the inner city to 'snitch' when they see a crime committed... Then they should hold their fellow officers to the same standard... And for some reason Mr. Canada never addressed that...

May 10, 2002
Lordbyron said:
No, the segment didn't go over my head at all... But I think my arguement may be going over your head if you don't realize that the 'Blue Wall' and Camron's code of ethics are the exact same thing... Like I said before the arguement that I'm making goes across the board... If the police want folks in the inner city to 'snitch' when they see a crime committed... Then they should hold their fellow officers to the same standard... And for some reason Mr. Canada never addressed that...
So if we live in the same neighborhood (we both black, our homies and family members is black):

You kill me - People see it but no one says anything
My brother kills you - Again people see it but no one says anything
Your homies kill my brother - You got witnesses but no one comes forward
My uncle kills 2 of your homies and wounds 2 more of your homies - Again, there's obviously witnesses but no one says anything
One of your surviving homie's young cousins kills my uncle - With witnesses but no one comes forward etc...

What in the hell does any of that have to do with the Thin Blue Line/Wall ?(whatever they call that shit)