so since mickey rourke didnt win

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
The Mania talks did lose him the Oscar ; they were concerned he would do Mania anyways after he won so they didn't take the chance. However, he may not do Mania anyways now out of fear of losing key roles. If he does do it, they may justify him not winning and not take him at his word in the future.

Oct 3, 2006
^^cause there were alotta reports on how he wanted to go to wm but his agents didnt want him to go cause it might have affected his nomination to win an oscar

Jun 24, 2005
I haven't seen The Wrestler, but I want to.

I can see how him talking about doin' Mania would lose him the Oscar. All these Hollywood fucks look down upon wrestling, so they wouldn't want their precious "legitimate" award being tarnished by being associated with WWE wrestling. I'm sure they see the movie as an art form or some shit, but the entertainment upon which it's based as something completely different and below them.

Feb 8, 2003
WWE is bigger then that movie. He need to be his on man and go to mania and get his ass scraped up and codebreakered by jericho and get that big check. (but you know he would win the match somehow)

Oct 3, 2006
WWE is bigger then that movie. He need to be his on man and go to mania and get his ass scraped up and codebreakered by jericho and get that big check. (but you know he would win the match somehow)
thats what im sayin..u know damn well he made a nice check with the wrestler, and shit if i was him i would have no problem puttin in 10-15 mins in the ring at wm then leave and go home and earn near a damn near million just to do that lol

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i don't think roerke is gonna do it at best he might be ringside during the match, they are gonna have to bring hogan back to make this jericho match good.

P.E.

Sicc OG
Feb 24, 2003
IF HE DOES MANIA ,ID LIKE TO SEE HIM IN HIS BULLET FORM!...HE WAS STRAIGHT RUGGED AND RAW IN THAT MOVIE WITH PAC!...ALL CUT AND SHIT!...THATS THE LOOK HE SHOULD GO INTO THIS SHIT WITH!...AND STRAIGHT WOOP JERICHOS ASS,..I THINK ITS GOOD PUBLICITY IF THEY PLAY IT OUT LIKE THAT!...AND YEA I THINK HE WOULD OF WON THE OSCAR IF HE WASENT GOING UP AGAINST ANNE HATHAWAY(BOMB ASS BEEZY) AND THAT S.MILLIONAIRE SHIT,..THEM MOVIES WERE REALLY GOOD AND JUST STRAIGHT UP BETTER THEN THE WRESTLER!...HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AGENTS AND ALL THAT!..CUZ THE WAY MICKS LIVING NOW ADAYS,..ANY MONEY SHOULD BE GOOD MONEY FOR HIM RIGHT NOW ANYWAYZ!...

Nov 10, 2006
I agree. also hogan noted in a interviw that the wrestler movie was originally planning for him to be the leadin character not rourke
Some are saying Hogan is lying, but I see no reason for him to.

After passing on the George Foreman Grill, and now this :hurt:

However, the movie may not have received the accolades it did if Hogan took the role, even if Hogan delivered a performance worthy of Sir Lawrence Olivia.
The director told Rourke he would not get paid for doing the movie and he agreed cuz he just wanted the chance.
He made a good investment as he will ensure good money for at least a few movies now.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
IF HE DOES MANIA ,ID LIKE TO SEE HIM IN HIS BULLET FORM!...HE WAS STRAIGHT RUGGED AND RAW IN THAT MOVIE WITH PAC!...ALL CUT AND SHIT!...THATS THE LOOK HE SHOULD GO INTO THIS SHIT WITH!...AND STRAIGHT WOOP JERICHOS ASS,..I THINK ITS GOOD PUBLICITY IF THEY PLAY IT OUT LIKE THAT!...AND YEA I THINK HE WOULD OF WON THE OSCAR IF HE WASENT GOING UP AGAINST ANNE HATHAWAY(BOMB ASS BEEZY) AND THAT S.MILLIONAIRE SHIT,..THEM MOVIES WERE REALLY GOOD AND JUST STRAIGHT UP BETTER THEN THE WRESTLER!...HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH AGENTS AND ALL THAT!..CUZ THE WAY MICKS LIVING NOW ADAYS,..ANY MONEY SHOULD BE GOOD MONEY FOR HIM RIGHT NOW ANYWAYZ!...
lmao at this whole damn post .. please tell me your were high and drunk and sniffing glue when u typed all this

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
that wrestler movie woulda been a joke if hogan took the lead, that role was made for roerke. i think hogan is full of shit

Oct 3, 2006
that wrestler movie woulda been a joke if hogan took the lead, that role was made for roerke. i think hogan is full of shit
lol same here..that guy is full of it...just like how i read how konnan once said but not in exact words that i think he thought bret hart how to do the sharpshooter or some shit..lol bullshit

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Y'all know that Ron Killings was the only current WWE performer to have a larger speaking role in The Wrestler, right? They even made sure they said his entire name a couple of times during that sequence. I'd take that as a nod toward Rourke showing up at WM. I don't think WWE would let him work that movie and then have an angle like this coincidentally.