so now that tmac is on the knicks

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
New York is the MECCA of what we all like to call basketball ya know. you are out your god damned mind if you think the players these days don't know this!

who is your team anyways?
the mecca? of basketball?

lets get real.

my team has sucked just as long as yours so miss me with the sob story about how youre a loyal fan. i was making celtic threads long before garnett and allen came to town. where were you?

Nov 24, 2003

lets get real.

For real, we all know that is Seattle!

Seattle is nation's most fertile NBA training ground

The Sonics are long gone, but Seattle still has a strong presence in the National Basketball Association.

According to Seth Kolloen at thesunbreak.com, Seattle sends more high schoolers per capita to the NBA than any city in America. By a huge margin.

Chicago has more players in the league (13), but the Windy City also has a much bigger population. Seattle has nine representatives who have played in an NBA game this season. That mean's for every 1 million city residents, there are 15.04 players in the NBA. Miami is second a 9.68 players per million.

Check out Kolloen's full report here, including some of the methodology.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/archives/195506.asp

Mar 24, 2006
I DONT HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF WITH THE BULLS SITUATION. I ALREADY DID ON HERE BEFORE. MY ENTIRE FAMILY IS WARRIOR FANS, I DIDNT WANNA BE LIKE THEM. BEEN MY FAVORITE TEAM SINCE I STARTED WATCHIN BASKETBALL AND STUCK WITH THEM WHEN THEY SUCKED. SO WHO ARE U TO SAY ANYTHING TO ME BOUT THAT? BULLS ARE PUTTIN PIECES TOGETHER RIGHT NOW. ROSE, DENG, NOAH. ALL YOUNGINS. THIS ONLY ROSE 2ND YEAR. ROSE >ANY PLAYER ON THE KNICKS. DENG > ANY PLAYER ON THE KNICKS. NOAH >ANY PLAYER ON THE KNICKS. YEH THEY HAVE TALENT BUT WITH NO COACH, SCORING BIG MAN, OR CONSISTANT SHOOTERS, WERE NOT ELITE BUT CAN BE. ITS A 5 ON 5 GAME LIKE I SAID. SLIGHTLY? KNICKS SUCK AND COULDNT SEE ANY TEAM IN A SERIES. TOO BAD YALL CANT EVEN PLAY IN A SERIES SINCE YALL DONT MAKE PLAYOFFS AND ALL. NOT EVEN IN THE EAST!! LOL GUESS I'LL JUS WAIT TILL NEXT SEASON TO BRAG ABOUT HOW KNICKS STILL AINT SHIT AND HOW WE BEAT YALL BY 30, 40+ AGAIN. THATS THE REGULAR FOR YALL THOUGH
all this means nothing when they are just barely better then my sorry ass Knicks.

carry on.

Mar 24, 2006

lets get real.

my team has sucked just as long as yours so miss me with the sob story about how youre a loyal fan. i was making celtic threads long before garnett and allen came to town. where were you?
motherfucker...lol

your team has the most championships out of any team...ofcourse it wasn't a difficult decision for you to become a fan..

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
motherfucker...lol

your team has the most championships out of any team...ofcourse it wasn't a difficult decision for you to become a fan..
lets get real. so what was my excuse for being a red sox braves falcon or patriot fan. all teams ive followed since i was a kid. they all sucked faggot. try again.

May 2, 2002
See what I'm saying? ESPN wants Lebron in New York...they've been saying it on the air and in articles like this for two years.

In New York? How about in fuckin' Cleveland? Lebron would be a god forever loved.

He talks about making money on the backend...and in the same article says that he made 42.5 million last year...more than Britney Spears, Jay-Z or Tom Cruise and almost as much as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie combined.

Lebron doesn't need New York...New York needs Lebron.

Nov 24, 2003
See what I'm saying? ESPN wants Lebron in New York...they've been saying it on the air and in articles like this for two years.
You don't think that statement you just made supports the argument that Lebron would get significantly more sponsorship in NY?

In New York? How about in fuckin' Cleveland? Lebron would be a god forever loved.
True. He would also most likely make less money and live in one of the worst metropolitan areas in the country (including factors such as weather which are relatively unchangeable)

He talks about making money on the backend...and in the same article says that he made 42.5 million last year...more than Britney Spears, Jay-Z or Tom Cruise and almost as much as Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie combined.
The article also suggests that by taking reduced salary to play in NY with another first tier free agent (or two) that the increased monies realized on the backend would offset any loss he takes on the front end

Lebron doesn't need New York...New York needs Lebron.
True. But this isn't about needs, it's about wants.

Feb 2, 2006
lebron dont give a fuck about cleveland now that hes a free agent...hes just gonna go where the money is...even with future hall of famer antwon jameson on the team lebron is gonna realize that the cavs aint gonna win a title in the near future

May 2, 2002
You don't think that statement you just made supports the argument that Lebron would get significantly more sponsorship in NY?
No...I think it would benefit everyone else far more.

True. He would also most likely make less money and live in one of the worst metropolitan areas in the country (including factors such as weather which are relatively unchangeable)
How would he makes LESS money? The article even says he would make 30 million more by staying Cleveland. And the Cavs can pay him his max contract.

He can live anywhere he wants in the offseason...he has the money. And he's from Cleveland...all his friends are there...and I'm sure he used to the weather.

The article also suggests that by taking reduced salary to play in NY with another first tier free agent (or two) that the increased monies realized on the backend would offset any loss he takes on the front end.
You are correct...the guy who works at ESPN suggests that...it doesn't make it true.

True. But this isn't about needs, it's about wants.
New York wants Lebron...I've never heard Lebron say he wants New York.

May 2, 2002
Now please tell me again why Lebron would want to play for the Knicks?

I mean...anything can happen, but they sure didn't sell themselves very well last night.

Nov 24, 2003
Now please tell me again why Lebron would want to play for the Knicks?

I mean...anything can happen, but they sure didn't sell themselves very well last night.

Using that game to justify why or why not Lebron would want to play for the Knicks is illogical because he would be playing on a completely different Knicks team.

Even if the Knicks had blown Cleveland out, that shouldn't have swayed his opinion either.

May 2, 2002
haha illogical...ok.

That team sucks donkey balls...and best believe that game makes an impression...especially when the media keeps asking him if he can play for a team that they just killed.