So 40 is first....who is next to come out commercially?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
Regardless if everyone agrees or not, Tell me when to go was a helluva success, and made the entire nation recognize the hyphy movement. Now I am pretty sure that the next single will be "U and dat", and it seems as if "Yay area" is startin to make noise in the clubs, even out here in Florida.

So from how I see it, in order for the movement to keep movin and stay alive, it needs to be a song to come out soon as 40's next single is makin noise, so that it can catch on and the whole thing will keep movin. If you don't get what I am sayin....you know how it started with "Oh I think they like me" then it was "Laffy Taffy" then "Lean wit it rock wit it" "Betcha can't do it like me" and "Snap ya fingers". In my opinion, we need some more tracks to come out right behind these.

I am seein that Federation signed to Warner Bros, so I assume "I only wear my white tee once" is going to be on whatever album comes from that. I think that is the best song that hasn't been burnt out yet that could blow nationwide. I have played it for diff people in the south, and they were all lovin the hell out of it. It doesn't matter if it's the original or remix, but I think the original might work better.

Mar 7, 2006
i'd say in the next few months there will be a few not yet heard bay artists that will come out of nowhere with a new style and will shine.
Now my lil bruh which is Alkohol has got some shit.Some people will love itsome people will hate it. But the bottom line is when it catches on it will be a fast come up for him. This dude does it for the love of music and he's a pretty good producer. He knows how to write songs...so look out for Jay Alkohol to do big things this year. Brand new style and good voice over jungo beats.

Jul 28, 2003
www.twitter.com
martin_07n said:
commercially???

like 7.1 out of 10 bay area rappers are doing localy commercial music (sell outs). but they are just indie. You should replace "commercially" with a major deal instead.:siccness:
Well usually when people say commercially, they are referrin to major deals and nationwide success, and not just local.

Apr 25, 2005
I agree with what you say R-Tistic. I think 40 is not gonna be enough 2 keep the Bay alive (just look at the south, they got somebody different droppin an album every week). With that said since Yuk, J. Valentine, and now Federation are the only artist with a major deal, the next breath has to come from 1 of these artist. Hyphy is what's hot, and we all kno The Fed are the kings of the hyphy sound, so I think the Feds are next 2 blow. Keak could do it if he wanted cuz of the exposure from TMW2G, but I still don't see him attracting national audience with his raspy, and at times non-understandable ass flow. Yuk with his more grimey gangsta rap, I think can make a lot of noise if he finally gets good promo cuz he compliments the hyphy sound well, but with Yuk youre never even sure when his album might actually drop.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
San Quinn and The Jacka deserve it the most but if anybody it will be somebody on the hyphy bandwagon

May 5, 2005
707senator707 said:
The feds will make happen. With rick rock production and warner bros getting behind them like the promise they will.. The feds had deals from almost every major and mid major out there. A lot of peoples have talks with majors but who's getting contracts? If the franchise boyz can make I know the feds can too.
They've had major buzz before anybody in the bay with that hifey stuff yet they havent really done anything. Franchize boys have Jermain Durpris producing for them. He has serious industry pull thats why they made it.

Dec 5, 2005
Keak is next cuz they been playin super hyphy and 3 freaks on mtv lately but then i think Ya Boy and Mistah Fab gon be comin after. The Team should blow too