Snowed in.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 24, 2006
SIOUX CITY, Iowa (KTIV) - Shoveling the snow outside is something many of us dread doing when old man winter starts piling on the snow. But, how much would you dread shoveling the snow inside your house?

One family didn't think it's something they would ever have to do.

"No I'm not a big winter fan," Betty Ehlers, of Newell, IA said.

"Last winter was a challenge it seemed like you're out moving so much snow all the time," Steve Ehlers, of Newell, IA said.

It's clear they don't like the winter and this year for a good reason.

"We were out of town just for the weekend visiting our daughter in Chicago and her family and my husband had asked Jim, his brother, to make sure the furnace is running and see how the dog was we had left him in the garage," Betty Ehlers said.

And when Jim came over here it's hard to imagine but this big pile of snow right here was actually inside that door right over there.

"Looked through the garage door, the entrance into the house and the only thing I said was oh my gosh," Jim Ehlers said.

And that is an understatement look at this! Strong blizzard winds pushed this door open, letting all kinds of snow make its way inside their house!

"Barged my way in through the snow and found 4-5 inches of snow across the kitchen floor too and on tables and desk and that's when I decided I wanted to leave," Jim Ehlers said.

While Steve and Betty Ehlers drove back to their home near Newell, Iowa, Jim Ehlers and his wife spent the morning cleaning up the mess; which made its way into cupboards and closets, under doors and in drawers.

"No I've never seen anything like this and hopefully not again," Jim Ehlers said.

When they got home, Jim and his wife had all the snow out of the house.

"Pretty..... yea overwhelming yep," Steve Ehlers said.

The next day they saw the pictures.

"I couldn't believe it, it was worse than I had even imagined," Betty Ehlers said.

Luckily, the damage done by mother-nature is minimal but they say it could have been worse.

"We've learned how much to appreciate my brother-in-law and his wife for one thing to clean that all up for us," Betty Ehlers said.

And they're hoping nothing like this happens ever again.

The Ehlers say surprisingly all they have to replace is a kitchen faucet and the flooring in the kitchen and hallway.

------------------------------------------------------------

Thats fucked up...lol

Legman

پراید آش
Nov 5, 2002
the mountains near my house are covered in fresh powder already, this new storm is just adding more fun for me when i hit the mountains with a few oz's

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
the mountains near my house are covered in fresh powder already, this new storm is just adding more fun for me when i hit the mountains with a few oz's
Yes Yes ! - Tues supposed to have clearings though the day - Im gonna just go up Mon. & Tues and get runs in when I can - Smoke & Beer when its storming too bad .....

Its only 35 min. away

Dec 12, 2008
Roseville , Ca.
Yes Yes ! - Tues supposed to have clearings though the day - Im gonna just go up Mon. & Tues and get runs in when I can - Smoke & Beer when its storming too bad .....

Its only 35 min. away