Snoop Dogg - Doggumentary (Album Snippets)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
1996 is 1996. It is definitely far from what you would have expected from the combination of Snoop + Death Row + the year 1996 but it was still much better than most of his albums from the 2000s. It is definitely not his weakest album, that title belongs to Malice In Wonderland, but nothing after Tha Last Meal has been particularly memorable either.

doggfather was garbage snoop even knows it thats why if u go to his concerts now he dont perform nothing from that album but he do songs from every other album. and u on some other shit bc blue carpet, rhyhm and gangsta, paid the cost are all tight ass albums

May 25, 2005
the net is hella fucked up, never in real life do i hear this shit....got dudes mad praising weak ass blue carpet treatment...and hating on doggfather...myself and a few cats i know personally say that doggfather is second best by far after doggystyle...i dont understand the hate for that album...production was ill and snoop had lyrics on that shit...better than most lyrics on doggystyle actually...better than hearing "its me, the d-o-double g, with my homie d-r-e, you see" smfh....

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
the net is hella fucked up, never in real life do i hear this shit....got dudes mad praising weak ass blue carpet treatment...and hating on doggfather...myself and a few cats i know personally say that doggfather is second best by far after doggystyle...i dont understand the hate for that album...production was ill and snoop had lyrics on that shit...better than most lyrics on doggystyle actually...better than hearing "its me, the d-o-double g, with my homie d-r-e, you see" smfh....
The problem with Doggfather was that it wasn't as funky as Doggystyle while it had do live up to it, which it couldn't. Why they didn't put on it all the bomb ass tracks recorded around that time that leaked/came out later (Wanted Dead Or Alive, Too High, Eastside Party, Keep It Real, Midnite Love, etc.) I have no idea, it would have been an absolute classic with them. Yet it still had more vintage Snoop tracks on it then his last 5 albums combined.

That track alone shits all over The Blue Carpet Treatment.

What's even more ironic is the Da Game Is To Be Sold is also a very good album in retrospect yet it got even more hate at the time. Which is understandable, as even I when I heard it the first time expecting a g-funk album got turned off by the Beats By The Pound beats, but that album was No Limit's best release in that period and where their sound shined the most. So if you were looking for that sound, it was a classic as they were never as consistent with the production on their other albums.

Hopefully the new one will be good, (I am not going to listen to the snippets so that I don't get the wrong impression before I hear the whole thing), but I doubt it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I'm only a few tracks deep into this shit... but it's pretty dope so far

every time Snoop drops an album I expect it to be weak for some reason, but I check it out anyways, and I usually end up liking it

Sep 29, 2003
Doggy Style and Doggfather was the last dope gangsta shit from snoop doggy dogg. He fell off when he became Snoop Dogg. First Eastsiderz was dope though after that ummmmmmm :/

I can go through the snoop dogg part of my cd collection and pick one blindfolded, and still have a great listening session. He has something for everybody on every album, and is one of the most consistent artists ever from any genre. This new album isnt getting much play from me yet, but I do want to point out that Eyes Closed is originally a Kanye song that didnt make his Fantasy album

Apr 25, 2002
I'M SWOOPING

I'm getting a gang of cds next week and SNOOP'S is one of them. I got all the cds he ever dropped and I'm gonna continue to get em cause SNOOP ain't never fell off. He's had a few so so albums but longevity and hits? Who fucking wit him in the rap game on that tip? Holla back

Feb 8, 2003
I'm getting a gang of cds next week and SNOOP'S is one of them. I got all the cds he ever dropped and I'm gonna continue to get em cause SNOOP ain't never fell off. He's had a few so so albums but longevity and hits? Who fucking wit him in the rap game on that tip? Holla back

only ones fucking with him far as longevity is jay z, lil wayne and eminem. i agree i luv snoops music