Slipknot's Dj opens for "Hostile Takeover Tour" Iowa concert

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2002
since alot of you do not like Project:Deadman and do not care to go to their messageboard, here's Mike E. Clark's journal from Iowa...

9-18-04 - Tonight we play The Val Air Ballroom in Iowa. We left Minneapolis at 8am. Everyone slepped. I worked on tracks in the bus. The new PDM record is gonna be the shit. I'm so hyped from this tour and knowing what I know now....the PDM vol 2 is gonna murder. We got to the place at 12 noon. The place was weird. It used to be a huge skating rink. This place could fit a lot of people. The sound guy showed up with a small ass sound system. I hate having shitty sound however this is only the second time this has happen (ie Coca Cola Event Center) Strange Music dose a good job making sure we have the best sounds. Our house dj for the night was a guy named "DJ Cid aka "0" he said he's the dj for SlipKnot. Dude introduced himself and was mad cool. ProZak and I were kind of nervous before this show. We didn’t know how this crowd was gonna act. However the second we hit the stage the whole place went nuts. By the end of the 1st song (Corporate Lies) we owned! the next song was "The PDM is Coming" and right after the intro of the song I just started to sing... "The P-D...and the power went out on our track/dvd. It was my worst nightmare and it happened! I had to laugh. I went and cue'd our track back up. ProZak was talkin some funny shit to the crowd. When I started the set back up the crowd went crazy. Our whole set was crowd surfing and a giant mosh pit. We killed it. After the set a bunch of dudes came up to us and were mad hype. They said they never heard of us and were happy and surprised.
"we thought your guys were gonna be some wanna-be hip hop group" "You guys rocked!" DJ Cid from SlipKnot asked us to do a interview for a DVD he was putting out so we did. We gained a lot of fans that night. I hate/glad to keep saying this but it was our best show. We stayed all night in Iowa. I crashed early. Everyone went to some after-hours club.

Sep 30, 2002
^^^^ Fuckin' rabbit smells like pussy. The movie Gummo is crazy. I was one of those people at that concert talking to him, but I had already gotten his cd and peeped it. We were moshin like a motherfucka though. Shit was tight.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
JuggalOutkAxt said:
since alot of you do not like Project:Deadman and do not care to go to their messageboard, here's Mike E. Clark's journal from Iowa...

9-18-04 - Tonight we play The Val Air Ballroom in Iowa. We left Minneapolis at 8am. Everyone slepped. I worked on tracks in the bus. The new PDM record is gonna be the shit. I'm so hyped from this tour and knowing what I know now....the PDM vol 2 is gonna murder. We got to the place at 12 noon. The place was weird. It used to be a huge skating rink. This place could fit a lot of people. The sound guy showed up with a small ass sound system. I hate having shitty sound however this is only the second time this has happen (ie Coca Cola Event Center) Strange Music dose a good job making sure we have the best sounds. Our house dj for the night was a guy named "DJ Cid aka "0" he said he's the dj for SlipKnot. Dude introduced himself and was mad cool. ProZak and I were kind of nervous before this show. We didn’t know how this crowd was gonna act. However the second we hit the stage the whole place went nuts. By the end of the 1st song (Corporate Lies) we owned! the next song was "The PDM is Coming" and right after the intro of the song I just started to sing... "The P-D...and the power went out on our track/dvd. It was my worst nightmare and it happened! I had to laugh. I went and cue'd our track back up. ProZak was talkin some funny shit to the crowd. When I started the set back up the crowd went crazy. Our whole set was crowd surfing and a giant mosh pit. We killed it. After the set a bunch of dudes came up to us and were mad hype. They said they never heard of us and were happy and surprised.
"we thought your guys were gonna be some wanna-be hip hop group" "You guys rocked!" DJ Cid from SlipKnot asked us to do a interview for a DVD he was putting out so we did. We gained a lot of fans that night. I hate/glad to keep saying this but it was our best show. We stayed all night in Iowa. I crashed early. Everyone went to some after-hours club.

you meann to tell me that ...some artist have time to post?????? wow what a miracle for strange......

maybe i will become a PDM fan...based on just that..

Jul 21, 2004
#0 from Slipknot

Funny that Cid was at that show. I was in Iowa City at the time and couldnt make it. Cid used to DJ for The Committee (now known as Bad Fathers), with our female singer LaLa from KB Posse. Cid really has got some talent with the breakbeats and loops he uses, we used to trip out on his crazy LP collection. He should hook up with Strange and show 'em some dirty Iowa shit sometime.