SKITS on CD'S

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
I just picked up the kanye west (which was a mistake and a waste of chips) and realized that I can't stand skits on cd's, I have NEVER heard a skit from any rap cd that was worth listening to.....rappers need to realize that they are not comedians and they are not funnny and should stick to making songs..it would save us all a lot of time...a couple of cd's that stick out to me on this matter, where these skits basically ruined the cd was UGK's dirty MOney and the kanye west..... just had to get that out....

Spoken....

Jan 24, 2004
www.twitter.com
Kanye West? whack? haha.. damn, well I guess everyone has an opinion but I liked the shit.. he wasn't pushin' bricks and killin' 400 people on his album like every rapper does.. he told the truth. debuted #2 on the charts, too.. looks like truth sells.

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
95% of all skits are nothing more than fillers to add to the total track count... We could have had 20 tracks on Angry Souls but instead opted for 16 back-to-back tracks because we ourselves hate skits. There's only 1 person who's skits I enjoy... Skunts.

Aug 7, 2002
mo-x said:
95% of all skits are nothing more than fillers to add to the total track count... We could have had 20 tracks on Angry Souls but instead opted for 16 back-to-back tracks because we ourselves hate skits. There's only 1 person who's skits I enjoy... Skunts.
and from the looks of it only one penis you enjoy j/k!

May 4, 2002
Kayne West cd was dope, but you know you go to far with the skits when you have them back to back

Redman has the best skits I ever heard......Them shits is funny.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
Mr. D-Sane said:

The Kanye West album is garbage though.

Finally, we agree on something....

I listened to the whole album and none of the songs were impressing to me. I don't really like the style that Rocafella does anyway, but I gave it a chance and it wasn't anything worth my time.

LMAO@rap right.....it was funny, but almost in a beavis and butthead way....some of it seemed so corny i had to laugh.....

CODE

Sicc OG
Oct 20, 2002
After buying this cd, it makes me me never wanna take a gamble on a cd again....There really only like 5 songs anyway...the rest are skits...fuckin janky....anyone wanna trade me?

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
DJ Kaliph said:
and from the looks of it only one penis you enjoy j/k!
I wouldn't go that far... but them skits were funny... I still to this day, with the homies, will just start busting out at freestyles: "i been through the hood, i ain't going back... i prefer shrimp nigga than a big mac" and everybody knows what I'm talking about and starts rolling!

Apr 25, 2002
I can't stand skits for the most part, especially when they're like 1-2+ minutes long. I won't protest maybe like a 20-30 second skit before or after a couple songs to help the flow of an album (if it needs it) but preferrably, NONE.

I buy albums for music, not wanna-be attempts at acting or comedy. :confused:

Feb 14, 2004
I also hate when rappers put a long ass skit before a tight song thats on the same track. like Master P did on 99 Ways to Die. Had that long ass skit before 17 Reasons song.