Sir Mix-A-Lot.............................

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 4, 2004
What ever happened to him......

Swass was the shit back in the day... Seminar, Mack Daddy and Return of the Bumpasaurus... I never got Chief Boot Knocka or Daddy's Home..

Mix-A-Lot would boom for blocks..... 808 Bass...

Beepers

My Hooptie

Posse On Broadway

Iron Man

They Should have used Mix-A-Lot Iron Man for the Iron Man movie sound track...

Sir Mix-a-lot's S.W.A.S.S. - Clinton vs. Condie

Apr 10, 2006
i remember when i was a lil kid at school everybody would say mix was they cousin.....young cats now only know Mix-a-Lot for "baby got back" they dont even know bout the Swass and Seminar.... albums...shit.. mix was one of the 1st solo rappers from the west to be sellin records....he had a group wit a rock group called ???the presidents of the united states???? now hes doin somethin wit a group called Outtasite??? some rock/rapshit.....they do shows around town.....remember buttermilk biscuts tho...square dance rap???GOOD SHIT!!!!

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
Uhhhhhohhh Kevlar clown session again huh? LOL nah but I gotta def give respect due ta mix a lot!!! Swass was the jam cd way back when....

Jan 22, 2007
www.myspace.com
I used to see him mixing house and jungle at NAF Studios a few years ago all the time. What ever happened to that lil rave spot. Probly got shut down. HELLLLA X in that joint every time. Shit was crazy! Anyone remember that place?

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
So "posse on broadway" is the same beat as E-40's "ballin with my homies," and im pretty sure that Posse on Broadway came out first. But is that an original beat for Mix a Lot or is it a sampled beat?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
As far as I know Posse On Broadway is an original beat, no samples. Mix produced it too.

E-40's remake came out 11 years after Posse On Broadway so yeah it came out WAY before 40 remade it.

I know Mix-A-Lot is looked at as a joke by a lot of the nation because of I Like Big Butts, etc but SWASS is a classic album. I still bump that shit every now and then.

Seminar was dope too. After that things got really corny.

Aug 14, 2003
MY COUSIN FROM YAKIMA IS HIS GUITARIST. BUT SWASS IS A CLASSIC ALBUM, I WAS REAL YOUNG, BUT MY POPS USED TO PLAY THAT SHIT HEAVY, HIS FAVORITE IS SQUARE DANCE RAP, HE STILL PLAYS THAT EVERY NOW AND THEN.

Jul 29, 2008
He did the super sonic song "who's the king of the Westside" I believe.

Last I heard, and I could be wrong, he still doing some music and got into telecommunications.

But I dont know. Respect due to him though.