Sickology on pace to do 20-25K first week..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 30, 2002
New Together Through Life Will Debut at #1

April 29, 2009

As much as the times they are a-changing, that’s how much they stay the same.
Certified rock and roll legend and '60s icon Bob Dylan’s 33rd studio album, Together Through Life, will mark his second straight album to debut at #1, with a total between 125-140k for the critically acclaimed Columbia Records disc.

That's based on one-day sales reports from record retailers around the country whose doors remain open, god bless 'em.

Dylan’s previous album, Modern Times, debuted at #1 in Sept. 2006, with a total of 192k, his first ever to bow at #1 and his first chart-topper since Desire hit #1 back in 1976.

The rest of the debuts offer nothing much to write home about.

Rhino’s Heaven & Hell, a heavy metal supergroup, which features Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler along with former members Ronnie James Dio and Vinny Appice, will be the other top chart newcomer with between 25-30k.

Strange Music’s Kansas City, MO, rap veteran Tech N9ne and Asylum hip-hopper Mike Jones are up next, both between 20-25k.

Arista/Sony Nashville’s Jason Michael Carroll and Machete’s Don Omar are both in the 15-20k range, followed by Verve’s Melody Gardot (10-12k).

The market was down 3% vs. last week, down 10% vs. same week last year and down 12% year to date. You may now return to inoculating yourself against the swine flu.

source: Hitsdailydouble.com

ET23

Sicc OG
May 22, 2008
i thought that mike jones was wack, his first album was better, and tech should beat him out, keep supporting sickology & bump it everywhere you go to promote it.
but dylan fans are like a cult nobody is beating him out the first week ha.

Oct 11, 2008
www.nastynullities.com
i thought that mike jones was wack, his first album was better, and tech should beat him out, keep supporting sickology and pick up copies & bump it to promote it.
but dylan fans are like a cult nobody is beating him out the first week ha.
If you're telling me to buy numerous copies for the sake of "bumpin" them, well thats just dumb...I only need one copy of any CD

Dec 2, 2007
Lol I find it interesting that tech might beat out Mike jones, who has had tons of video / radio play in the past few months promoting his new song. That is pretty beastly tbh.

Feb 2, 2009
Good shit! Tech is doin' his thing and I love it. Sickology had me worried at first, I wasn't sure if I would like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan but I was starting to think he might fall off doin' too much shit too soon. I love the cd though. Blown away is probably my favorite track... YES EVEN WITH THE AUTOTUNE!!!lol

Feb 9, 2006
Good shit! Tech is doin' his thing and I love it. Sickology had me worried at first, I wasn't sure if I would like it. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan but I was starting to think he might fall off doin' too much shit too soon. I love the cd though. Blown away is probably my favorite track... YES EVEN WITH THE AUTOTUNE!!!lol
Hey, Tech was fucking with Autotune back on Twisted with Roger Troutman. Hes been fucking with since before it was a stupid craze.

Nov 12, 2002
www.MSMOfficial.com
it really bothers me when folx comfuse tha Autotune and Talkbox thing cuz it actually takes musical knowledge and skill to use a Talkbox.....

anyway i didnt even really like tha album that much and bought a copy.....20-25 is awesome independant first week.....especially since Ive seen very little advertising.....

May 20, 2006
Once again a solid first week debut for a Strange Music release.... Congrats and a good look!!!!! I hope Tech beats out Mike Jones also......... Who???? Tech N9ne... lol....

Mar 12, 2006
I am probably not right, but I think the difference is.

Autotune: you sing and then its just an effect/pitch correction thing so it puts your notes all in the same key, hence why it sounds so weird because its being changed and what not.

Talkbox: From what Ive seen on the Tech DVD recording Twisted, it looked like you actually have to know how to play a piano/keyboard, because thats what actually gives it the effect there. Not just a program that corrects the pitch, you actually have to know how to play the instrument.

Again, I have no idea if that is correct, but from the little knowlege I have thats what I have gathered.

Jun 23, 2008
Gold Coast, Australia
^^ Yes. I am not sure on the specifics of the talk box, but it looks like it requires more musical ability than autotune. Autotune is done on the computer after the vocals are recorded while talkbox is recorded the way it sounds.

Nov 14, 2002
Yeah but the only reason a "talkbox" doesn't use computers to do what it does is because when it was first introduced, computer technology was shit. Now autotune is doing what talkbox does, only quicker and with less equipment necessary.