Siccness Movie of the Week for Week 1 = The Proposition

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Siccness Movie of the Week for Week 1 = The Proposition

The Proposition
Written by Nick Cave
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0421238/

Add you thoughts on the film to this thread.

Readers beware this thread will contain spoilers and is for people who have already seen the movie to discuss it in depth. Further reading beyond this point may spoil the movie for you. Continue at your own risk.

Apr 25, 2002
I was excited to see this movie, but ended up disappointed. I thought the cinematography was decent, but that's about where my appreciation for this movie ends. I was really disappointed with the pace of the movie and thought it was quite slow and the plot was pretty much just boring. I expected a revitalization of the “western”, but instead got another movie that put a nail in the coffin. Maybe this is the “new west”, but I’d take a Leone over this any day (and those aren’t exactly fast paced movies).

Elemenno

F.W.A.H.R.L.D.
Feb 28, 2009
Slow never really bothers me and I think the cinematography was nice enough to keep me watching during the slow scenes. But I would say that the set up and the look of the film gives it a sense of this epic story about to unfold, but the story itself wasn't really even that memorable. Overall I kinda liked the film despite its weak plot. Maybe I just like pretty colors juxtaposed against occasional brutal violence. It's an interesting combination.

Apr 25, 2002
I want to hear what RedStorm, DV$1 aka Grumpz, Nuttkase, 2-0-Sixx, & Dhadnot have to say about the movie since they all voted to watch it this week.

Doesn't sound like Dhadnot watched it.

Feb 7, 2006
I want to hear what RedStorm, DV$1 aka Grumpz, Nuttkase, 2-0-Sixx, & Dhadnot have to say about the movie since they all voted to watch it this week.

Doesn't sound like Dhadnot watched it.
when I have time I'll watch it again, and post up my thoughts...Decided to watch "Duck You Sucker" instead of watching "The Proposition" again.