Siccness Golfing

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 7, 2006
It takes skills to eat like 80 hot dogs in 20 minutes, but I still wouldn't call that Asian dude who does that an athlete. And I definitely wouldn't call hot dog eating a sport...

Just because it takes skill doesn't make it a sport.
true but just becasue someone is skilled doesnt mean there an athlete though. sorta like a tattoo artist has skill

May 1, 2007
Golf is fun to play and boring to watch. I used to golf, I haven't gone in awhile though. And yes golf is a sport, its as much of a sport as baseball.

Nov 24, 2003
TONY206 said:
What is your definition of an athlete? Do you consider a professional poker player to be an athlete?
A sport is an athletic event where two individuals or teams compete against one another and there is one clear winner

Anything with multiple paticpants and defined places (1,2,3,4,5) or a judge is a competition

Sports = football, basketball, baseball, tennis, ping pong, raquetball, volleyball, ufc boxing, hockey etc

Competition = golf, car racing, track & field, eating, swimming, bodybuilding, poker, ice skating, etc

That is my definition and I am sticking to it!

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Uhh...hmm.

Good question. But I just saw you in a picture you posted hanging out with 2 white girls and a chink.

I don't have white and yellow friends, unless they got Hepatitis. I'm racist.

BOOOOOOOOO @ YOU.
LOL.

One white girl, and the other "white girl" is actually Mexican and she's my cousin. Plus what do you expect, I'm in fuckin college. There's only white girls around!

Yeah, if eating weiners was a sport, you'd be Athlete of the Year, ahead of Tiger.
Booooo@ you.

Keep on golfin...

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
LOL.

One white girl, and the other "white girl" is actually Mexican and she's my cousin. Plus what do you expect, I'm in fuckin college. There's only white girls around!

Booooo@ you.

Keep on golfin...
Yeah, right; you hang out with albinos.

And they're darker than you. BOOOOOOOOOOO @ YOU.

And...I will keep on golfing; I got a free seasons pass tonight. LOL.

Feb 22, 2006
golf is a sport, saying ping pong is more of a sport than golf is simply foolish! the reason most people don't go and play is because they think is a stereotypical white persons sport and they probably are broke and cant afford to dish out 30 dollars to have a great 4 hours. some of these posts are absolutely stupid

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
i just started playing golf and im not all that. its fun playing and hopefully my drives could land on the green soon.

May 1, 2007
I don't like baseball much, but that is an insane comparison to try and make. Baseball is far more athletic.
How so? Both are taking a bat/club and striking a ball. Golf is hard as hell to get good at, controlling the ball and how far you need to hit it takes some skill.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
How so? Both are taking a bat/club and striking a ball. Golf is hard as hell to get good at, controlling the ball and how far you need to hit it takes some skill.
Hitting a ball off of a tee or the ground is very different than swinging a bat at a 95 mph fastball, and in baseball you actually have to run after you hit the ball, there are teams, you do more than just swing (defense), and there are countless other things that I won't go into.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
arguing baseball and golf is ridiculous. golf doesnt require nearly as much physical duress like running diving etc.. but in baseball accuracy and precision is nowhere near as crucial as in golf. two different things. theyre both equally sport. you could say that in baseball you spend most of the time standing around doing nothing which is true but doesnt diminish the game as a sport.

May 1, 2007
arguing baseball and golf is ridiculous. golf doesnt require nearly as much physical duress like running diving etc.. but in baseball accuracy and precision is nowhere near as crucial as in golf. two different things. theyre both equally sport. you could say that in baseball you spend most of the time standing around doing nothing which is true but doesnt diminish the game as a sport.
Your right on. They are both sports in their own ways, and there is no way disputing that golf isn't a sport just because there is no running required. A DH in baseball is hardly athletic but they are of course still considered athletes.

May 15, 2002
Been playing a lot of golf lately. Just hit a 41 on the front 9 of my local course. I just hit Monarch Bay, Sharp and Lincoln park in my recent trip to the bay. Gotta say, Lincoln is one ghetto ass course.

Shit is fun and can be pretty addictive if you get into it.