Should vuvuzela's horns be banned from World Cup 2010???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Should vuvuzela's be bad at World Cup 2010

• Total voters
Sep 4, 2002
What do you guys think? I like em, but that coming from me being at a soccer match with them before, and in person, drunk, enjoying a game they are hella fun to use.

you know they got writers saying they can't hear the chants from the fans... well all the non-south african fans from other countries are here using them too. I don't think there as annoying as everyone is making them out to be.

take the french as an example...

Apr 25, 2002
Whats wrong with the ball?
It has groves in it to help it at altitude, but it also makes the flight path non-traditional or strange to defenders or goalies. They are crying because they get scored on or use their hands when they shouldn't - so they blame the ball.

I only know this because I heard it on NPR - not because I follow the sport.

Mar 12, 2010
a ball is a ball and a horn is a horn i cant believe that soccer is the worlds most loved sport it is too boring for me. i couldnt drink enough for this sport to be of any intrest

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Whats wrong with the ball?

I read story that those horns can also spread illnesses.
What;s wrong with the ball is very clearly visible to everybody who has ever played the game and has reach the level of skill at which you can actually control it. To people who never were able to do that, it may not be so clear, but the ball is indeed a disaster

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
It has groves in it to help it at altitude, but it also makes the flight path non-traditional or strange to defenders or goalies. They are crying because they get scored on or use their hands when they shouldn't - so they blame the ball.

I only know this because I heard it on NPR - not because I follow the sport.
The goalkeepers are a secondary problem. They have been complaining about each new ball in the last 10 years, and with a reason, as they have been all made faster and more unpredictable.

The problem with this one though is that it is so fast and bounces so much that outfield players can't control it. When you have Leo Messi, the best dribbler and the player with the closest control of the ball in the whole tournament, and who is also a face of Adidas, the company that makes the balls (!) complaining that the ball is hard to control, you know there is a problem

Mar 12, 2010
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

THE BALL IS MOVING DIFFERENTLY

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

MY FELLOW COUNTRY MEN ARE GOING TO KILL ME WHEN I GET HOME BECAUSE I COULDNT STOP THE BALL

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BUNCH OF CRY BABIES

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
a ball is a ball and a horn is a horn i cant believe that soccer is the worlds most loved sport it is too boring for me. i couldnt drink enough for this sport to be of any intrest
You call baseball and american football exciting??? Pretty much nobody in Europe does

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
I repeat, if you had ever played the game enough to know why such things matter, then you would be complaining too

BTW, a few years ago they changed the ball in the NBA, players complained that they are not feeling it and they quickly reverted to the old one. Something to think about

Mar 12, 2010
You call baseball and american football exciting??? Pretty much nobody in Europe does
YES I DO CALL THEM EXCITING I COULD WATCH BASBALL PLAYERS TAKE THE BALL YARD ALL DAY AND THE HITS THAT FOOTBALL PLAYER GIVE AND TAKE ARE THINGS OF BEAUTY. AS FOR WHAT PEOPLE IN EUROPE CALL EXCITING WELL IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS SOMETHING US AMERICANS HAVE BETTER TASTE IN AND THATS OUR SPORTS.

WE PREFER THERE TO BE ACTION AS OPPOSED TO A BUCH OF GUYS KICKING A BALL UP AND DOWN A FOOTBALL FIELD AND HARDLY EVER SCORING AND WE PREFER THERE TO BE A WINNER IN A GAME AS OPPOSED TO SETTLING FOR TIES. I GUESS THATS WHY THERE ARE AN AWFUL LOT OF GOOFY LOOKING PEOPLE OVER THERE BECAUSE SETTLING FOR A TIE IS LIKE KISSING YOUR SISTER.

SO IN CLOSING BASEBALL AND FOOTBALL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SOCCER