should there be 2 hip hop forums?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

should there be 2 seperate hip hop forums?

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2008
one for backpack/intellectual/ lyrical hip hop, & one for general hip hop? the current "general hip hop forum" spans too wide of a spectrum. canibus, jmt, apathy, OFWG, slaughterhouse, etc-- should not be in the same forum as wayne, gucci, kanye, yelawolf, rick ross, nicki minaj

i think this current forum is too scattered to thrive. anyone else agree?

wtf, i gotta figure out how to make a fucking poll out of this shit. damn.

figured it out. next goal-- cut down on drinking.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
No. I'd go into one and never browse the other because I hate backpack rap, but with it this way, I might take a look at something I normally wouldn't and find new music to enjoy.

Yelawolf's lyricism is mixed with lots of Southern slang words, so I can see how you wouldn't say he was lyrical or intelligent in his rhymes, but it's not true.

Your definition of one thing is based on the surface of what you see and what you initially hear, but there's a lot to be said, even if the words are generally used often in their raps and they're not spitting a bunch of words between bars.

What I consider intelligent you don't, so that's what I'm saying.

It's subjective to opinion whether or not it's intelligent. I hate Kanye, but I know he can say some truly heartfelt shit and it be super intelligent.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I don't even hit up this forum anymore because calling it "hip hop" is a fucking joke. 50 Cent? Yo Gotti? Gucci Mane? That's not hip hop.

If we had an East Coast forum and a Hip Hop forum, we'd be fine. But calling this a hip hop forum is rediculous.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
DJ Afrika Bambaataa outlined the four pillars of Hip-hop culture:
MCing, DJing, breaking and graffiti writing

its all hip hop music breh, all of it.. we have definations layed out by the creaters mang... i hate fucking hate(ok not that much) when people define hip hop as sub genre of hip hop music and break it down like that. now call it back pack rap but hip hop is the culture as a whole..

Oct 27, 2008
No. I'd go into one and never browse the other because I hate backpack rap, but with it this way, I might take a look at something I normally wouldn't and find new music to enjoy.

Yelawolf's lyricism is mixed with lots of Southern slang words, so I can see how you wouldn't say he was lyrical or intelligent in his rhymes, but it's not true.

Your definition of one thing is based on the surface of what you see and what you initially hear, but there's a lot to be said, even if the words are generally used often in their raps and they're not spitting a bunch of words between bars.

What I consider intelligent you don't, so that's what I'm saying.

It's subjective to opinion whether or not it's intelligent. I hate Kanye, but I know he can say some truly heartfelt shit and it be super intelligent.
i wouldnt say he's not lyrical, but i would say he falls into alot of the traps that other mainstream/mainstream hopefuls fall into. for any 15+ years fan of rap music, regional slang isnt too difficult to pick up on. there will always be certain things you dont catch, but you understand the gist of things. i couldnt fault you for not understanding certain eastcoast or bay slang, & blame that on why you dislike a certain artist.

@ ecose-- how is saying "back pack hip hop" any different than saying back pack rap? rock has its sub genres, so does hip hop.

as for the forum separation--- i just think backpack fans have been discouraged from posting their shit cuz the majority of ppl who enter this forum dont care @ all about that type of music. if it had its own forum, i think it would get more hits & draw a different crowd to the siccness.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
@ smigg
my argument is that hip hop music is all of the music coming out of the culture.
now if u want a back pack forum cool i understand. but i dont call back pack rap hip hop. i call it back pack rap. i dont say hey i want to eat meat. i say i feel like a steak or burger,or ribs.. do u see kinda were im getting at?

hip hop has :
gangsta rap
concious rap
back pack rap
political rap
horrocore etc... to me its all hip hop baby!!!

Oct 27, 2008
my bad, i feel like i've misled you. if you're from kansas, your opinion doesnt count in this poll anyway. but thanks for the reply.

@ ecose-- call it rap, call it hip hop. we both know there are no set rules for the 2 terms. & thats besides the point anyways, you know what i'm getting at... we've got every region of westcoast rap covered, the northwest covered, the midwest & south covered-- yet no dedicated eastcoast forum? just a 'general hip hop' that is apparently for mainstream music & maybe a few other threads?

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
my bad, i feel like i've mislead you. if you're from kansas, your opinion doesnt count in this poll anyway. but thanks for the reply.

@ ecose-- call it rap, call it hip hop. we both know there are no set rules for the 2 terms. & thats besides the point anyways, you know what i'm getting at.

If they were going to make two boards, wouldn't they call it something like "mainstream" and "underground". Just because I'm from Kansas doesn't mean I don't know hip-hop... lol. I'm sure I listen to a wider-range of artists than you could image. Plus, I'm a producer, and emcee.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
^ TFG

If we're hip hop fans, our opinions count.

If you wanted a bunch of East coast and Bay nut rubbers, you should have clarified in bold in the thread title.

Otherwise, my Arkansan opinion and any other Midwest/South opinion's gonna count.

Honestly, I'm being unfair. Even if you put a disclaimer in the thread title, I'd still give my opinion.

I guess you're kinda fucked any way you look at it.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Nah, because back packers are afraid to post in this forum, so you true definition of hip hop doesn't count.

Nobody wants facts, ECOSE, just opinions!

Oct 27, 2008
u know how to use google. i aint ya monkey boy
then you have no point. i feel like you dont get the point of this topic anyway. i've seen a certain style of topics disappear over the past year or 2 on this forum. slowly. & thats because most people come on here looking for their latest rick ross or wayne or kalifa fix. eh, ughh is a better place to go for (more lyrical backpack) music anyway i guess. i just figured siccness should cover it too.

Oct 27, 2008
Nah, because back packers are afraid to post in this forum, so you true definition of hip hop doesn't count.

Nobody wants facts, ECOSE, just opinions!
lol @ afraid to.. its just the internet. theres a diff betwen fear & simply understanding theres no point, if the forum is gonna remain like this. why post backpack albums in a forum that also showcases rick rosses latest single? lol fuck it, people will argue just to argue. if i feel like yelawolf sucks (IMO) there will be plenty who will try to tear down my views in spite.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
extra forum = extra bandwith , extra time,extra effort and there is no demand for it so your attempts are futile.

and the point i was tryin to make is common knowledge . about hip hop culture as a whole and its elements. because well thats been my life. but i digress

im only 29 but ive been involved in the culture since i as far back in the 80's i could remember . rappers delight , grandmaster flash, all them breakin movies etc... im not here to teach history. but whatever...