Should 9/11 Be a National Holiday?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Should Sept. 11th Become a National Holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
On the one side, I would say no because I wouldn't want 9/11 to be a day the kids look forward to and just say "Yay! No school!" But then again, if 9/11 were "celebrated" the way Independence Day is, with fireworks and barbecues and etc., that would be another thing. I have never felt more patriotic, more American, than I have since the attacks last year. Of course we mourn the losses of 9/11/01, but this is still the greatest country in the world. On a day like this, I would like to see everyone in this country get out and show the rest of the world how proud, bold, and strong this country is, even in the face of terror.

But I would like to know how you feel. ;)

Apr 25, 2002
SF
why did September 11 make you feel more patriotic? I dont get it..

no, I dont think it should be a national holiday. because in the future people are going to forget the real meaning and just look at it as a day off of work. its the same way with veterans day or memorial day. a lot of people are sincere in honoring veterans or people who died, but I'd say the majority of people just look at it as another holiday. call me cynical but thats the way I see it

Aug 11, 2002
ToNgAn_SaV said:
the day pearl harbor was bombed didn't become a holiday... and they call 9-11 the "second pearl harbor" answer --> NO. i mean seriously... not too many give a fuck about pearl harbor so i predict about 35-45 yrs from now a few people won't give a fuck about 9-11. i've only met 9 people at my school (teacher's don't count) who actually care and 2 of them had on red, white, & blue. almost everyone in all 6 of my classess said they didn't care and they cracked jokes about osama bin laden and the people who were on the airplanes and the building.
i posted this at illstylez.com now i'm posting it here.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

did we make the day that we became the receiving end of a thorough japanese asswhoopin at Pearl Harbor a nationaly holiday?

so in other words, no.

May 15, 2002
Fuck Sept. 11, that shyt coulda been prevented. They coulda did something about it. The government is lying about the reason Bin Laden is mad. They aint even telling the half of the truth. So fuck Sept.11. This crooked ass government brought that event upon this country.

Aug 11, 2002
~~the day pearl harbor was bombed didn't become a holiday... and they call 9-11 the "second pearl harbor" answer --> NO~~

^^^ on that part what i mean is --> no 9-11 should'nt be a holiday.

Aug 23, 2002
its true though, most of friends dont really give a fuck about what happened on 9-11. It is fucked up but it didnt hit the youth hard around where i live (l.a.).

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

krishna said:
why did September 11 make you feel more patriotic? I dont get it..

no, I dont think it should be a national holiday. because in the future people are going to forget the real meaning and just look at it as a day off of work. its the same way with veterans day or memorial day. a lot of people are sincere in honoring veterans or people who died, but I'd say the majority of people just look at it as another holiday. call me cynical but thats the way I see it
fo real

all the news channels n ishh got "We Remmember" n ish
why you wanna keep remmembrin that ishh, why must we watch the towers go down, people jumpin out, over and over and over and over and over and over adn fuccin over???
are we suppose get sad
or get mad at someone? - shits causin more drama

n them cnn terrorist on tape ishh
taht was sum bullshit, why the fucc we watcin em?
oh look they are killin the dog, we got it on tapes, watch it over and over and over and over

fucc the bullshit,

No, it shouldn't be holiday. Krishna was on point cuzz people will just look forward to it because it will be another day off from work. To tell the truth, I don't even know what Labor Day and Memorial Day are for. I just know I don't have to go to work and I get to eat 'cook out food.' It's fucked up. But that's how it is.

A

askgarcia

celebrating a day of deception...why not...already we celebrate colombus day and thanksgiving day...why not 9/11.