Shit's going down in Seattle lately...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
I spent a lot of nights drinking whiskey in Cafe Racer, and a lot of hungover mornings eating breakfast there or grabbing coffee on my way to work. Its the most laid back, chill spot ever. The blame goes to washington state and king county for cutting the funding for any sort of mental health programs that would have helped the crazy fuck--who was a vet and had been deteriorating for years--to get some sort of intervention.
Do you have more info on the shooter? I can only find vague descriptions of his illness in the stories on the websites. Thanks in advance.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Do you have more info on the shooter? I can only find vague descriptions of his illness in the stories on the websites. Thanks in advance.
I never met the guy, at least I dont remember him, so this is all second or third hand, but he was a semi-regular in there. Everyone that worked there had asked him to leave at some point but he kept hanging around. He was always kinda aggressive which is weird for that spot. I guess he was trying to move in to the house that a couple of the guys that died lived in and they'd told him no a week before. Thats all the non-news stuff I know. PI has a good interview with his family, saying that they expected something like this, but there were no resources for them. He had been in the army years ago, and for the past few years had just been generally angry at the world and unstable.

Shits just sad.

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
rofl, no surprise that S @salad bowl 831 is from there

shout out to the brehs S @salad bowl 831 U @Unit L @lockonein 1 @103 No Cuttz

compton, california

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Originally published May 30, 2012 at 9:40 PM | Page modified May 30, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Help: We're losing it here

Danny Westneat
Seattle Times staff columnist

When there was an armed killer on the loose in West Seattle on Wednesday, and, it was believed, another one in the University District, a report came into our newsroom that The Bush School had gone into lockdown.

The private school is near Madison Park. Nowhere near the manhunts.

It turned out students at the school had seen a man with a gun. He was out jogging. Wearing a sidearm for protection.

"The person carrying a gun seen by our students is a neighbor of the school," the head of the school announced in an email to parents. "He was on a run dressed in a black running suit ... and was carrying a gun because of the number of shooting incidents that have taken place in the city in recent days."

Seattleites, we are losing it.

Last week people in one part of town, the Central Area, were thinking: "That could have been me."

But by Wednesday the gunfire in our city seemed so ubiquitous it felt more like it could strike anyone, anywhere, at any time.

This is what it has come to: Jogging with your gun. But can you blame him? When bystanders and other completely innocent people are being gunned down now on a regular basis?

The Wednesday killings of five people in two midmorning shootings, in two busy parts of the city, turned out to be perpetrated by the same man. This came as a perverse form of relief to the rattled city — that there was only one armed killer on the loose instead of two.

Since Madrona's Justin Ferrari was shot last Thursday — an eternity ago in the violence cycle we're in — a man was shot at the Northwest Folklife Festival and more than 60 bullets fired in four drive-by shootings in South Seattle.

Then came the Wednesday killings. Four were gunned down in a University District cafe. On First Hill, a mom of two was struck down completely out of the blue, just like Ferrari.

"Mayor, what is going on?" someone asked at the city's news conference.

Mike McGinn acknowledged it was a great question.

He had no answers.

I don't blame him: Whatever paradigm we were operating under last week — that gangs have gone out of control — was upended by the latest shootings, which were motivated not by gang turf wars, but apparently by mental illness.

"You can thank the Department of Justice for this!" a man on a bike yelled outside Cafe Racer, site of the mass killings. His point was that if the feds would stop scrutinizing police tactics, then the cops could go back to stemming violence like this.

That hardly follows. When someone with demons goes crazy, there's usually nothing the police could have done.

But the frustration is real. We are a city on edge. A city now in full-fledged crisis.

The mayor, the police and the feds need to quit bickering, sit down like adults — now — and hash out what, if anything, they can do. Because the people, at this point, are literally being caught in the crossfire.

At the least there needs to be far more urgency and more police presence in the neighborhoods, until what the mayor called this "wave of gun violence" is brought under control. Or, more likely, ebbs on its own.

On Wednesday, I talked to a mom of two toddlers who lives near the corner of East Cherry Street and Martin Luther King Jr. Way, site of the deadly shooting of Ferrari last week. She called me after I wrote that his death had made me wonder, for the first time, why I live where I live.

"We can't retreat," she said.

She meant to be hopeful, with tips about how neighbors can take back their blocks one by one. But she acknowledged her husband had raised the issue of buying a gun.

"We looked at each other and said: 'If we're even talking about buying a gun, maybe we need to move.' "

Mayor, police chief: This is the mood of the city. Joggers are packing heat. Moms of toddlers are contemplating arming up or heading out of town.

It's insane, yes. We are losing it. Can you blame us?

Danny Westneat's column appears Wednesday and Sunday. Reach him at 206-464-2086 or dwestneat[USER=3530]@Seattle[/USER]times.com.

Dec 12, 2006
Lol at someone who lives in Portland and doubts for a second that its not the whitest city in America, that chinatown is hella funny for me not the Portland Chinese that shit is prolly depressing as fuck but at the same time Portland is a cool city and they will even pump your gas for you, pause no homo, its a nice trip but I like staying in south seattle reminds me of a little of where im from in the cityn like el camino but that type of neighborhood I dont see in Portland plus that hoover shit is dumb as fuck im sorry

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Lol at someone who lives in Portland and doubts for a second that its not the whitest city in America, that chinatown is hella funny for me not the Portland Chinese that shit is prolly depressing as fuck but at the same time Portland is a cool city and they will even pump your gas for you, pause no homo, its a nice trip but I like staying in south seattle reminds me of a little of where im from in the cityn like el camino but that type of neighborhood I dont see in Portland plus that hoover shit is dumb as fuck im sorry
How long did you stay in the Northwest for?

Sep 16, 2011
Seattle has the same crime rate as the safest big city in Cali so stop getting gassed up lol

The murder rate in Richmond, CA 90,000 people is double that of Seattle with how many people?

Sep 16, 2011
Oakland 400,000 right now and average 150 murders the past 10 years

Vallejo has 22 for a small ass town

Richmond has at least 40 each year

Frisco got like 70

San Jose has 30

Fairfield has like 12

P World has about 10

The YOC has about 12

and the rest of the bay has GOD KNOWS what

Chanel 2 news has 40 minutes dedicated to Murder and 10 minutes to Weather and 10 Minutes to sports

I've been to LA with what 10,000,000 people and only see like 350 murders a year

just goes to show me.......

To many crack baby retarded mother fuckers in the bay area

Dec 12, 2006
What part of Seattle you stay in?
I moved up there with a group of folks from Cali, some stayed in Eugene/Portland couple in Seattle, me and another when to out to Spokane but I would be in Seattle constantly bcuz Spokane is hella boring, in Seattle I was crash at my homies who as just a little north of where Rainer and MLK intersect, It was 30th and something and I dont remember the cross but I could drive their from the Spo with one eye opened on memory