Shipping Policies?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 28, 2002
www.cashflow420.com
I recently had an auction with 300+ items end, and of course lots of my repeat multibuyers purchased a gang of shit. One guy in particular who is over seas has me ship to some guy in the states to save on shipping, which is cool, I trust him even though its going to an unconfirmed address. This time he purchased 37 items. My shipping rates for the states are reasonable and are as follows: USA $3.00 for the 1st cd, $2.00 for each additional cd.

The total for the shipping is outrageous, but it covers my listing fees, paypal fees, handling, etc... I got an email back saying he will only pay me $10 for flat rate shipping and that's all, no more, take it or leave it. So should I refund the money and lose an old customer, or shut up and loose out on hella cash, and let people make their own shipping rates up?

Jun 24, 2006
Can't let the patients run the asylum. Its one thing if they try to work it out before the auction ends. I have people that bid on multiple auctions and my shipping prices are the same as yours. They pay, and I send them some free shit. Everyone is happy.

Oct 15, 2004
the thing is if it's stated that its $3.00 for the first and $2.00 for additional. then they need to follow by that. if they dont then they wouldn't be getting my stuff. thats just how its gonna be.

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Item description

If it's in your item description, then it is what it is. I too am a customer; therefore I have to respect the parameters/rules that the seller has set in order to run "his/her" business. If the listing state the sellers terms, then I abide by those terms. It's clearly listed, he bid and by bidding he agreed to your terms.

I go through this sometimes, but I do kindly tell the buyer that he has agreed to your terms, by bidding and that he was fully aware of these terms when he bid. Then I also explain that these terms apply to everybody, not just him/her.

I know that this puts you in a situation for feedback retaliation, but sometimes things are out of your control. If you let him/her get away with this, once...how far will you let him extort you the next time.

I believe that I know who this is, but me and this buyer have long figured out that it is what it is, so he doesn't come at me with demands anymore. He doesn't leave me feedback, but he still buys from me.

Is it confunkshun? If so, he's a cool guy, but you need to let him know that your rules apply to everybody. He'll understand and he will pay. Reluctantly, but he will pay, because he already knows what's up, but it's worth the try to him.

May 28, 2002
www.cashflow420.com
Is it confunkshun? If so, he's a cool guy, but you need to let him know that your rules apply to everybody. He'll understand and he will pay. Reluctantly, but he will pay, because he already knows what's up, but it's worth the try to him.
You're right on the money... I figured most the main sellers would know who it is right off the top.

May 1, 2002
ya thomas is a cool cat...but he bargains with me like its the flea market over shipping and shit...put $20 as the value on the customs form even thought the amount of stuff he bought were over $100+ or so for an example....lol

May 1, 2002
^^^ Ya that confunkshun buyer is a good guy, u just have to put it straight with him, no deals on anything and he must pay full prices or buy elsewhere. He has bought from me many times and always asks for deals, but I stick with the same shipping prices everytime. Once he asked for my phone number so he could call me and talk about rap on the phone, made me laugh cause I would never give out my personal phone number for that reason, just was funny to me.
same here....

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Funny

Man, this is some funny stuff. We all know about him. Lol! Like I said, he's a good guy and I don't blame him for trying. I mean we all have tried at some point in time. Like I said, he's pretty understanding. It should work out with him.

Jan 6, 2003
understandable....but the usps are getting clever about it from what i've heard on the ebay forums
why would USPS do detective work for something they ship out of the US? I would think that the value-import tax thing is an issue for the country who receives the package. Just curious. and I also question their priorities if they pick single packages to verify the value. how far can they go? Open the package and search for receipts? Search ebay completed listings?

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
Never

I've never had a problem with that. I always put 0/Zero as the value and gift and/or Other on the customs form. I never include receipts. I've never had problems. I've had people at the usps ask me about it, but it's none of their damn business. Now both post offices are use to me, so they don't even fix their lips to ask me anymore.

May 1, 2002
:confused:
I've never had a problem with that. I always put 0/Zero as the value and gift and/or Other on the customs form. I never include receipts. I've never had problems. I've had people at the usps ask me about it, but it's none of their damn business. Now both post offices are use to me, so they don't even fix their lips to ask me anymore.
do you do that on registered/global priority/express mail packages??? what if it gets lost in transit and they retrieve and the customs for says (0) / gift / other???