Shawty Lo Speaks On Grand Hustle Altercation, Warns: “I Ain’t Lil Flip”

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 31, 2008
Shawty Lo’s innocent. As previously reported, members of T.I. and Lo’s crews got into an altercation during Radio One’s Fourth Annual Dirty Awards in Atlanta last night (11/25).

Early reports say the fight started when Lo taunted Grand Hustle with his own version of Yung L.A.’s “Ain’t I.” But to let the Bankhead rapper tell it, he didn’t instigate anything.

“I didn’t go and start nothing. If they rewind the cameras, they’ll see how it started,” Lo told MTV. “I’m a man. I respect every man as a man. If a man disrespects me, what am I supposed to do? T.I. needs to contain his people. We’re not standing down. I performed my music; 107.9 [one of the show's organizers] called me to perform. I didn’t come to start no beef with him. I gave Tip a shout out at the BET [Hip-Hop] Awards.”

Lo actually claims Tips’ camp started the fight. He tells MTV Alfamega and other Grand Hustle artists approached the stage and started ice grilling during his performance.

“Basically, I didn’t start saying anything about Tip,” Lo explained. “I was performing my music. During ‘Foolish,’ all of them was coming in front of the stage doing their mugging. After ‘Dunn, Dunn,’ I performed the dis record ‘Don’t I.’ That’s what made me perform the diss record. I ain’t gonna lie; they was disrespecting me. I wasn’t gonna let them disrespect me.”

Lo fittingly bumped into T.I. when his D4L crew was taken backstage minutes after the melee. The two briefly spoke in a private meeting, in which Tip apparently suggested they end their feud once and for all.

“He told me the beef was over with,” Lo told MTV. “I said, ‘If the beef was let go, me and you have to publicize it. We have to do it together.’ He agreed to do that, and we shook hands in the back room.”

Lo claims Tip then accepted an award on stage before taunting, “if somebody’s got a problem with me, do something better than me.” He then began performing “Ain’t I” with Yung L.A., sparking another altercation between the two crews. Tip wasn’t involved in any of the fights. Lo says he’s still willing to squash the beef, isn’t sure T.I.’s on the same page.

“[Me and Tip's conversation] ended on a positive note with the conversation,” Lo said. “I don’t know where he is [with the beef]. I guess he just be talking. One thing about it, Shawty Lo ain’t no punk. T.I. is just a rapper. He knows how to read a book good. Where I live is for real. I ain’t got nothing against homes. He’s got family, I got family. I’m not trying to kill him, he’s not trying to kill me. I got fans that love me. He’s not not gonna run all over me. I ain’t Lil’ Flip.”

Source: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=30675

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
“[Me and Tip's conversation] ended on a positive note with the conversation,” Lo said. “I don’t know where he is [with the beef]. I guess he just be talking. One thing about it, Shawty Lo ain’t no punk. T.I. is just a rapper. He knows how to read a book good. Where I live is for real. I ain’t got nothing against homes. He’s got family, I got family. I’m not trying to kill him, he’s not trying to kill me. I got fans that love me. He’s not not gonna run all over me. I ain’t Lil’ Flip.”

Source: http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=30675
WELL AT LEAST THE BEING SEMI GROWN ABOUT IT

Jul 6, 2002
lyrically shorty lo will never ever ever be able to fuck wit T.I.
basically Lo's beats save him, in the same fashoin that gucci's beats make his music entertaining. plus shorty lo been sneak dissin T.I. for a while now ((along wit gucci mane)), so for lo to say he tryin to kill beef is the politically correct thing to do.
what both rappers need to do is come out with a mix cd, hosted by dj drama, with toomp providing the tracks and let the streets decide who the winner is.
earlier this summer I heard a d4l vs grand hustle mixtape but I don't know who put it out. im gonna ax my potna since I kno he has it, and i'll get back wit yall on a later date.

dos dedos

Jul 6, 2002
Its over musically and with t.i. and flip being involved but its not over with they crew on a street level.

Lil Flip career is ofiicially over in manys eyes
name 1 tight song flip had d other than game over...

ok, my point exactly!

but for tip & lo to not officially publisize squashin beef, but instead doin it behind closed doors, c'mon how u know that shit aint over. be on the look out for more sneak disses from shorty lo and more direct disses from t.i. beef is always good for record sells & by the way, if u haven't noticed atl rappers r watered down and trendy boppin dick riders from the atl, that's why only the strongest in the game shine. even p troy fell off kuz, well, he sux, the only reason why people even know who he is is bkuz he came out dissin master p. other than rhonda & I declare name another song on his premier cd that was tight.

im waiting....

my point exactly!

shorty lo & ti are gonna keep beefin to make their record sell profits juicy. end of story.

Jun 13, 2002
"american dream"..........thas one i can think of off the top of my head, lol.....i mean maybe if ur a T.I. fan then Flip aint dropped no tight shit for u, but if u fucks wit the real hood shit (not wat BET/white america brainwashes you to buy, lol), then u still hear sum bangers...

Feb 8, 2003
name 1 tight song flip had d other than game over

ok, my point exactly!

but for tip & lo to not officially publisize squashin beef, but instead doin it behind closed doors, c'mon how u know that shit aint over. be on the look out for more sneak disses from shorty lo and more direct disses from t.i. beef is always good for record sells & by the way, if u haven't noticed atl rappers r watered down and trendy boppin dick riders from the atl, that's why only the strongest in the game shine. even p troy fell off kuz, well, he sux, the only reason why people even know who he is is bkuz he came out dissin master p. other than rhonda & I declare name another song on his premier cd that was tight.

im waiting....

my point exactly!

That whole LIL FLIP I need mine double album was tight. But then after taht released i havent heard nothing worth keeping or buying.

Also before you make that comment about Pastor Troy he came with tight albums after hsi debut (Universal Soldier, face off)

also have you heard his brand new album T.R.O.Y? bc thats a hot ass album

Jun 3, 2006

ok, my point exactly!

im waiting....

my point exactly!

shorty lo & ti are gonna keep beefin to make their record sell profits juicy. end of story.
flip got sum shit under his belt

Jan 6, 2006
the hell dude smokin? u must be a tipper stan.
FLIP is classics: leprechaun and underground legend.
check out his underground freeestyles also. hell even u gotta feel me and i need mine were both solid bangin albums. he has maaaaaany classic tracks from those albums. way better than tippers wack ass.
wait til flip drops his new album next year "ahead of my time" then yall know flip is comin back.

yeah he drops lazy uninspired rhymes here and there but he still got it when he's focused
. ex: check out "road to success rmx" with z-ro, lil keke, trae,pokey. FLIP KILLED THAT TRACK. his lyrics and flow were on point big time.

Jan 18, 2006
flip got sum shit under his belt
These idiots dont be knowin, I get mine is his most recent solo and that shit is dope. Stop listening to the radio and assume since folks dont have hit singles they dont have any tight tracks or mixtapes or any type of release out thats good