Shamrock to withdraw from heavyweight scrap with Slice

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 14, 2008
SUNRISE, Fla. --There was a lot of bad blood between heavyweights Kimbo Slice and Ken Shamrock. During Friday's weigh-in at AtlanticBank Center, each man vowed to punish the other.

But their battle will have to wait. Shamrock suffered a cut over his left eye during a practice session Friday afternoon.

Hours before the bout, the Florida State Athletic Commission determined that Shamrock was unfit to fight.

"It appears that he was warming up as he stated, rolling over and received a head butt, which resulted in a laceration over his eye," said Dr. Allan Fields of the Florida State Athletic Commission. "He received six sutures in the eyebrow.

"He explained that he wanted to fight; however for his safety, we have rules. Anyone with a recent laceration cannot go participate in a fight."

The hostility between Slice and Shamrock reached the boiling point during Friday's weigh-in. While posing for the traditional stare down, Slice turned his back to Shamrock.

Angered by the gesture, Shamrock shoved Slice and the fighters nearly came to blows. All that prevented a full-scale brawl was the quick action of each fighter's entourage, many of whom jumped between the two men.

"He turned his back to me at the weigh-in," Shamrock said. "That's disrespectful. I hope they put this fight together again. He deserves to get a beating and I want to give it to him."

With Shamrock unable to perform, Seth Petruzelli stepped in and accepted the fight on short notice. Petruzelli was scheduled to face Aaron Rosa in a bout that wouldn't be televised.

TM1

Sicc OG
Jun 15, 2006
Wow.
I didn't watch it but I heard about it on yahoo.
The title of the article "Kimbo TKOd by no-name in 14 seconds"
How embarrasing.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

lmao @ kimbo's post fight interview...dude didnt sound like he just lost in a bit upset..."we still gonn have the after party at our club..." haha