Shadowrun: Microsoft ruins one of the best possible game franchises ever

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Anyone who has read the books or got into the series at all knows the complexity, depth, and uniqueness of the Shadowrun franchise.

It's basically set in a universe with magic, technology, gangs, a mercenary element, corporations controlling the world, etc.

So Microsoft bought up the rights, and turned it into a lame ass shooter, complete with lame flying squirrel wings and characters who look like Crash Bandicoot....along with some Unreal Tournament capture the flag dynamic.

Travesty.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=46558386214838511&q=shadowrun

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
Yeah Shadowrun is the shit, although i havent read the books and they would probably be my style for sure (cyberpunk/fantasy = #1), might have to check them out.

And I agree the new one looks sort of goofy. But its still being developed by the original creators at FASA. So they cant screw it up too bad can they? Im just wondering how much influence Microsoft really has on it (which is usually very low with most PC games they publish). Hopefully they dont fuck it up too bad....