Security Cameras for the house

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2008
so far i was thinking about this system

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8560764&type=product&id=1188562133859

Product Features

* CMOS sensor captures digital video up to 640 x 480 pixels; video frame rate up to 15 fps
* On-board motion detection technology causes the camera to begin recording when movement is detected
* Remote viewing capability lets you review footage on your cell phone or via the Internet

* From our expanded online assortment; not available in all Best Buy stores
* Records high-quality, compressed color video footage directly to your PC's hard drive via included wireless USB receiver
* E-mail and cell phone alert options keep you aware of motion in the camera's recording area; customizable security alerts for added convenience
* Included WiLife 2.0 Command Center software allows easy search and playback of recorded video
* May be expanded up to or up to 6 spy cameras total (additional cameras not included)
* Wall-, ceiling- or post-mountable for versatile positioning options (camera mount included)
* Includes USB receiver, USB cable, camera mount and security window decals
* USB connectivity; PC compatible

Jun 4, 2004
Depends on what you want this for (Home Security or Something Else).

That system is kinda cheap, only 15 frames per second and you have to run it on your own computer, basically it is like a video capture card and software for your computer.

If your serious about Home Security get one of the better systems that are stand alone, you can still access them from the internet, but they are better quality.

You will also want to get a Backup Power Supply, in case someone cuts the power the system will keep running and a lock box for the DVR or conceal the DVR somewhere that it wont be easily found.

Jul 15, 2002
www.dankmobb.com
Stay away from wireless. GO WIRED...w/ wireless anyone w/ a receiver can pick it up even your neighbors.
Also if your doing anything illegal make sure the cams dont have audio or it will record everything that's said. Nothing like incriminating yourself.

IMO

Sep 13, 2008
www.cloutonline.com
fuck a cop knocking on the door but really though I just like to know whos knocking before I open that shit. Im not trying to waste time dealing with a jehovahs witness, kirby saleman or a kid trying to sell me a newspaper subscription to a newspaper that I already subscribe too.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i got a homeboy who has a camera on the front of his door. but the shit makes no fucking sense because we all hop the fucking gate to get in, anyway. and who the fucks just staring at a monitor. security dont even do that and theyre paid hourly to do it.

i mean personally, thats what bb guns are for...then your cams are useless...haha

Sep 25, 2008
Depends on what you want this for (Home Security or Something Else).

That system is kinda cheap, only 15 frames per second and you have to run it on your own computer, basically it is like a video capture card and software for your computer.

If your serious about Home Security get one of the better systems that are stand alone, you can still access them from the internet, but they are better quality.

You will also want to get a Backup Power Supply, in case someone cuts the power the system will keep running and a lock box for the DVR or conceal the DVR somewhere that it wont be easily found.
so that one you just posted a pic of off hte best buy site, should i go with that one?

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
i want whatever the fuck liquor store people have. you be chillin at yo pad with the homies playin madden on ps3 or some shit and the homie ask to use the bathroom..but he get a little lookey loo and try to walk into your room and see what it do..

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG

Sep 25, 2008
what about this one

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11298383&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

Limited Online Offer:

$200 discount is reflected in the price.

Valid for orders placed
July 9, 2008 through October 31, 2008.

While supplies last.

Online price

$699.99

Less

- $200.00

YOUR COST

$499.99

The new industry standard of H.264 Compression enables higher quality, lower bit rates, and new applications. This 4 Channel Pentaplex Digital Video Recorder records CIF Real-time video on each channel onto the 320GB hard drive, which is pre-installed. It can simultaneously display live footage, record, playback, connect via network, and back-up without any recording loss. Connect this DVR to a television and view all 4 cameras at the same time. With the RJ-45 Connection you can even monitor remotely through LAN or Internet IE Browser from anywhere in the world. This DVR bundle also includes 4 indoor/outdoor weatherproof Sony sensor CCD camera kits with night vision. H.264 technology provides a far more efficient algorithm for compressing video than any other compression method available. It supports dual video streams so you can record in a higher resolution but view over the internet at a lower resolution for faster images. Also supports mobile surveillance through some cell phones with WinCE and 3G systems.

Includes:

* 4 Channel H.264 Real-time Network DVR
* Power Adapter for DVR/cameras
* 320 GB Hard Drive 7200 RPM
* Four Sony sensor CCD Color cameras with 30 feet of night vision (QD28414 and QD28414W)
* Four stands
* 5-Way power splitter cable for cameras and DVR
* Four 60 ft cables
* Quick start guide and manual
* RJ-45 cable
* Remote control with batteries

Recorder Features:

* Record & Display at 120 FPS
* Real-time CIF Recording per Channel (Shared by 4 cameras)
* H.264 Compression
* Remote Viewing & Playback through IE Browser
* Supports One Internal IDE/ATA Hard Drive (320 GB Hard Drive Pre-installed)
* Recording Mode: Timer, Alarm, Motion Detection and Manual
* Display Mode: Auto Switch, Full screen or 4 split screen
* Additional Port: RS485 port for PTZ cameras
* Network Connection: RJ45 port for 10/100BaseT Network
* Playback: Search by Time, Event (Alarm or Motion Detection)
* Supports Mobile Phone Surveillance (WinCE & 3G)
* Video output: 2 BNC, 1 s Video
* Video input: Composite 1.0V p-p/75Ω,BNC×4
* Alarm: 4x Alarm input and 1X Alarm output
* Audio: 2 RCA Input & 1 RCA Output
* Display Resolution: PAL: 704x576, NTSC: 704x480
* Recording Resolution: PAL: 352*288 (CIF), NTSC: 352*240 (CIF)
* Operating System Support: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista
* Back up: USB Port for USB Flash Drive
* Power Sources: DC 12V
* Working Temperature : 41°F to158°F

2 Qty: QD28414 Outdoor Camera Features:

* Image sensor: ¼” Sony color CCD
* Signal: NTSC
* Horizontal resolution: 420 TV Lines
* Built-in Lens: 6mm
* Infrared Wavelength: 850 nm
* Lighting Distance: 30 feet
* Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F

2 Qty: QD28414W Outdoor Camera Features:

* Image sensor: ¼” Sony color CCD
* Signal: NTSC
* Horizontal resolution: 420 TV Lines
* Built-in Lens: 3.6mm
* Infrared Wavelength: 850 nm
* Lighting Distance: 30 feet
* Operating Temperature: -4°F to 122°F

Warranty:

* 1 year

Jul 25, 2007
fuck a cop knocking on the door but really though I just like to know whos knocking before I open that shit. Im not trying to waste time dealing with a jehovahs witness, kirby saleman or a kid trying to sell me a newspaper subscription to a newspaper that I already subscribe too.
just use the door peep hole. its cheaper.

Jun 4, 2004
what about this one

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11298383&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=&lang=en-US

* Display Resolution: PAL: 704x576, NTSC: 704x480
* Recording Resolution: PAL: 352*288 (CIF), NTSC: 352*240 (CIF)
The big differance is the Resolution... that Costco system is only 1 CIF and the Best Buy System is capable of 4 CIF @ 30 frames per second.

* Video Resolution: 352 x 240 @ 120 fps, 352 x 288 @ 100 fps, 720 x 480 @ 30 fps, 720 x 576 @ 25 fps

When your looking for a DVR look for a system that can do 4 CIF at 30 frames per second per camera.

4 Cameras = 120 Frames per second @ 4 CIF.

Do not get a DVR that is 1 CIF you will hate the resolution, the pictures are 1/4 the size of a 4 CIF system and look a lot smaller, its actually half the width and half the height.

Sep 25, 2008
The big differance is the Resolution... that Costco system is only 1 CIF and the Best Buy System is capable of 4 CIF @ 30 frames per second.

* Video Resolution: 352 x 240 @ 120 fps, 352 x 288 @ 100 fps, 720 x 480 @ 30 fps, 720 x 576 @ 25 fps

When your looking for a DVR look for a system that can do 4 CIF at 30 frames per second per camera.

4 Cameras = 120 Frames per second @ 4 CIF.

Do not get a DVR that is 1 CIF you will hate the resolution, the pictures are 1/4 the size of a 4 CIF system and look a lot smaller, its actually half the width and half the height.

good shit, i'll go with that best buy system