Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 9, 2002
Ok well who else would you rather play that position? Remember how horrible it was last year? Plus don't forget we're getting Lane back it's not like Browner is going to be in situations where he can easily be burnt anyway
Darrel Revis.

Like i said, they need to shore up that spot, period. Lane is a much better nickel back than he is outside. He was getting burnt last year too. Everyone was. It was AWFUL last year. No where did i say it wasnt.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Darrel Revis.

Like i said, they need to shore up that spot, period. Lane is a much better nickel back than he is outside. He was getting burnt last year too. Everyone was. It was AWFUL last year. No where did i say it wasnt.
right. Sign Revis... why bother paying for better O-Line men, shit it worked out last year lol

May 9, 2002
right. Sign Revis... why bother paying for better O-Line men, shit it worked out last year lol
We have done very well for having a mediocre line over the last 5 years. Im not sold Cable can do much different with any "better" OL. Their track record for drafting OL has not been good, so yeah....give me Revis. At least we know they have made better decisions and coaching jobs with the secondary. History always repeats itself...proof is in the OL drafting.

Nov 24, 2003
I like bringing Browner back if nothing more than a morale boost and maybe a little more intimidation on D.

I don't think he will be back to LOB Browner status but I think he will play better than he did in NO.

There should be some decent competition for the CB spot because you already have Lane, now you bring in Browner and isn't Tharold Simon due to be healthy by training camp?

The other guy I wish they went after was Walter Thurmond although it sounds like he is going to retire.

May 9, 2002
I like bringing Browner back if nothing more than a morale boost and maybe a little more intimidation on D.

I don't think he will be back to LOB Browner status but I think he will play better than he did in NO.

There should be some decent competition for the CB spot because you already have Lane, now you bring in Browner and isn't Tharold Simon due to be healthy by training camp?

The other guy I wish they went after was Walter Thurmond although it sounds like he is going to retire.
Simon is a wash at this point. Cant stay healthy and while he flashes, he still makes a shit ton of mistakes. I dont see him ever playing any meaningful minutes and quite frankly, dont expect he will be on the Hawks much longer. Waste of space at this point.

I just dont buy Lane as anything more than a nickel back, playing the slot. He got ROASTED last year a bunch of times. That whole position was a shit show to say the least in 2015.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Damn man what happened to you to make you just automatically look at the negative in every single possible thing you say? You don't even believe what you're saying and it's not even your opinion I don't think; I think you just have to be upset with something and look at the bad in any situation you look at. I mean last year you probably had at least 20 posts where you said the O-Line was the worst thing ever and our biggest problem

This year "id rather get revis, o-line's been working good"

You suffer from an extreme case of anhedonia and you need chemical intervention dude.

Last edited:
May 9, 2002
Damn man what happened to you to make you just automatically look at the negative in every single possible thing you say? You don't even believe what you're saying and it's not even your opinion I don't think; I think you just have to be upset with something and look at the bad in any situation you look at. I mean last year you probably had at least 20 posts where you said the O-Line was the worst thing ever and our biggest problem

This year "id rather get revis, o-line's been working good"

You suffer from an extreme case of anhedonia and you need chemical intervention dude.
What you call negative, i call reality.

Please....PLEASE point out where i said the OL is "good" this year. You clearly arent reading something correctly. What i said was the Hawks have been successful DESPITE the play of the OL. But there were several games last year where we got TORCHED through the air...do i even need to bring up Pitt? How embarrassing that was.

It is our biggest problem, but getting "better (ie draft picks) OL" aint gonna help. Its the coaching, not the players. And its more about the progression of our offense and Russell in particular. Thats MY opinion. Thats what MY EYES see. And im not the only one.

The year we won the SB, our OL was TERRIBLE In pass pro, but we had a great running game, and our run blocking was above average. We won that year because of one thing: a dominant defense. They win championships, period. Last year, our OL was good at NOTHING. They did improve in the second half when then shifted out some personnel, but Russell was out of his mind down the stretch. He has helped them look OK on some days.

OL is a shit show. And i dont think it will get much better via the draft, trade, free agency...whatever the fuck. Its coaching. Its our personnel clashing with philosophy. You dont have to agree and TBH, i dont care. Why should i? Have your opinion, i dont give two big ass flying fucks. But just because you see it differently, doesn't mean im being negative...im being real. Notice i dont rag on Russell, or the DL, or the LB's? No..because they are doing their fuckin JOBS. OL and CB opposite Sherm....black holes. FACTS breh.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2003
What a great week. GOT is back on HBO and the draft starts Thursday.

I am pumped for the draft this year, we got our chip back and this is a deep draft. As much as I think our OL is terrible and Tom Cable is a snake oil salesmen, I am hoping that we go DL with our first pick and then use our mid round compensatory picks on OL.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
What a great week. GOT is back on HBO and the draft starts Thursday.

I am pumped for the draft this year, we got our chip back and this is a deep draft. As much as I think our OL is terrible and Tom Cable is a snake oil salesmen, I am hoping that we go DL with our first pick and then use our mid round compensatory picks on OL.
Tom cable has kept us a winning team even with the abysmal pieces he's been handed. I think this draft is the true test of his ability. If Pete and John ignore the O-Line, that's a pretty clear sign they don't have faith in Tom. If they get him some good pieces to work with and the line becomes above average, then he was the right guy all along. I feel he's the right guy, and have faith in him still

Nov 24, 2003
This didnt get posted, but Hawks sign DT/DE Tavaris Barnes and TE Brandon Williams a couple days ago. I think the signing of Barnes allowed them more flexibility in the 1st to go after Germain. Sounds like they wanted him for awhile now.

Yeah good call.

Seahawks Draft Blog had us taking him in their mock drafts as early as March.

I am super on the fence. I really wanted Robert Nkemdiche or Vernon Butler who both literally went right before our pick.

It pains me that Nkemdiche went to AZ. Their D Line is going to be so nasty. Calais Campbell, Chandler Jones, and now Nkemdiche....shit.

May 9, 2002
Nkemdiche is a boom or bust pick IMHO. Lots of red flags with him in terms of effort and consistency. Not to mention his "character issues". Basically he is a B-grade Clowney in terms of talent and character makeup. Clowney has yet to do shit in the NFL (injuries are his downfall at the moment, though).

May 9, 2002
Seahawks UDFA signings:

-- Oregon linebacker Christian French will sign with the Seahawks, per his agent.
-- FAU DT Brandin Bryant says he's agreed with the Seahawks.
-- North Alabama CB Darvell Harris signs with Seahawks.
-- Illinois State DE/OLB David Perkins will sign with the Seahawks, per a report.
-- Colorado State-Pueblo WR Deontrae Cooper tweeted "Seattle it is."
-- Western Kentucky TE George Fant signed with the Seahawks, per a report.
-- CSU corner DeAndre Elliot is heading to the Seahawks, per a report.
-- USC running back Tre Madden signs with Seattle, per his agency.
-- TCU quarterback Trevone Boykin tweeted that he signed with the Seahawks.
-- Rutgers linebacker Steve Longa headed to Seahawks, per a report.
-- Ohio State safety Tyvis Powell will sign with the Seahawks, per reports.
-- Wisconsin athlete (safety?) Tanner McEvoy reportedly signed with the Seahawks.
-- Michigan State receiver DeAnthony Arnett tweeted that he's headed to the Seahawks.
-- FIU defensive lineman Lars Koht signed with the Seahawks.
-- Utah State safety Marwin Evans to the Seahawks.
-- Boston College running back David Dudek to the Seahawks.
-- Arizona offensive lineman Lene Maiava signed with the Seahawks.
-- Jackson State receiver Devin Fosselman to the Seahawks.
-- Washington DL/FB Taani Tupou reportedly signed.
-- ECU DE/OLB Montese Overton signed with the Seahawks, per a report.
-- Texas Tech DE Pete Robertson looks like he's signed with Seattle.

Rumored connections to Seahawks:

-- Western Kentucky linebacker Nick Holt got an invite to the Seahawks rookie camp.
-- Southeastern Louisiana DB Denzel Thompson got an invite to camp as a tryout player.
-- Cincinnati OL Chad West will get a tryout.
-- Idaho OLB Chris Edwards has been invited to rookie camp for a tryout.
-- Wisconsin Stevens Point DE/OLB looks like he might have a tryout with the Seahawks.
-- Oregon quarterback Vernon Adams will get a tryout at the rookie mini-camp.

May 9, 2002
Here is an updated look at the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agent signees.

As of Monday night, the Seahawks have yet to officially release a list of their undrafted rookie free agents.

But Seattle general manager John Schneider spoke about a few of them during an appearing Monday morning on 710 ESPN Seattle, saying that the team signed 13 and mentioning eight by name — QB Trevone Boykin, RB Tre Madden, S Tyvis Powell, LB Christian French, CB DeAndre Elliot, LB Montese Overton, TE George Fant and DT Brandin Bryant. Also, the signing of DT Lars Koht has been confirmed.
To clarify, players who sign as undrafted free agents are rookies who have a contract with the Seahawks and become part of the 90-man roster. Teams can also invite players to try out at the rookie mini-camp this weekend. That’s what Oregon QB Vernon Adams is doing — though it’s worth noting that since he’s just trying out, he could sign a contract with any team at any time — and also what a few others are doing (with some players reported as signed possibly coming as tryout players only).

With Schneider having confirmed some of the signings, we’ll revise our list of players who had been reported or confirmed as having signed

First, a look at those confirmed as signing with a few added comments:

QB Trevone Boykin,TCU: Boykin was one of the most productive QBs in college football a year ago but his 5-11 size has had some wondering if he can play that spot in the NFL. Seattle reportedly signed him to a 15,000 bonus and $15,000 guaranteed, indicative of a pretty aggressive attempt to get him. Boykin will join college teammate Joey Hunt, a center drafted by Seattle in the sixth round. Boykin was suspended for the Alamo Bowl against Oregon and now could be competing with the QB he didn’t get to face in that game — Oregon’s Adams — for a roster spot with the Seahawks.Schneider said Monday that “the only reason he was not drafted is because of the situation he got in when he made a very, very poor decision the week before their bowl game.” That’s a reference to Boykin being charged with striking an officer during a bar fight and being suspended for the game (details here).

DT Brandin Bryant, Florida Atlantic University: Bryant was regarded as potentially a late-round pick and at a listed 6-3, 300 pounds looks like another candidate at the nose and three-technique spots. Intriguingly, Schneider said the team plans to experiment with Bryant as a fullback saying “he’ll play fullback for us, too, a real athletic guy, 280-pounder running 4.86 (40).” The Seahawks are also apparently planning to use former UW defensive tackle Taniela Tupou as a fullback when he participates this weekend as a tryout player.

CB DeAndre Elliot, Colorado State: Some regarded Elliott as potentially a fourth- or fifth-round pick and he had a 41-inch vertical leap at the NFL combine. Size — 6-1, 188 pounds — is intriguing. Schneider said of Elliot that “there was a chance we would have taken him. He fits the mold of Jeremy (Lane) actually.”

TE George Fant, Western Kentucky: Fant has one of the more interesting back stories of anyone on this list as a former basketball player who turned to football last season. Fant caught just one pass for seven yards last season so he’s a project. But standing almost 6-6 and weighing 296 pounds while running a 4.83 40 is eye-catching.

LB Christian French, Oregon: The 6-5, 245-pound French had a pre-draft visit to the VMAC and was reported to get a $5,000 signing bonus from the Seahawks. Appears to project as a candidate at strongside linebacker, where the Seahawks need to find a replacement for Bruce Irvin.

DL Lars Koht, Florida International: The 6-5, 283-pounder played tackle at FIU. Koht also has a black belt in karate and received a reported $2,000 bonus from the Seahawks.

RB Tre Madden, USC: Madden’s grandfather is former NFL RB Lawrence McCutcheon, who briefly played for the Seahawks in 1980. Madden initially signed with USC as a linebacker but later switched to the backfield. Is also known as a good receiver but has battled injuries throughout his college career, maybe the main reason he went undrafted. Listed at just over 6-foot and 223 pounds. Schneider said Madden could also be tried some at fullback

LB Montese Overton, East Carolina: Listed at just under 6-2 and 223 pounds, regarded as a safety/outside linebacker type. Attended the combine.

S Tyvis Powell, Ohio State: A team captain at Ohio State last season, Powell was the defensive MVP of the 2014 national title game win over Oregon. Another who declared early and didn’t get drafted. Listed at just under 6-3 and 211 pounds, appears to project as a strong safety, the position he played in college. Schneider said the Seahawks “had a very high grade” on Powell and that they were “surprised we were able to get him. …he was one of the last players to commit so we were trying to save a little bit of cash for him.”

Here are other players that have been linked to the Seahawks, with some likely having signed and others coming as tryout players:

WR DeAnthony Arnett, Michigan State: A one-time highly-touted recruit, Arnett caught just 12 passes in three years at MSU after starting his career at Tennessee. But a listed 40 of 4.45 is intriguing and he also shares the same agent as Seattle RB Thomas Rawls

RB David Dudeck, Boston College: Also played receiver and was a returner at BC.

SS Marwin Evans, Utah State: The 6-foot, 210-pounder started all 13 games last season at strong safety for the Aggies.

CB Darvell Harris, North Alabama: Another tall corner, standing 6-1.
PL Jaylen Hunter, Middle Tennessee: Hunter was an All-Conference USA pick playing left guard.

LB Steve Longa, Rutgers: Longa was one of 30 of 107 players who declared early for the NFL who did not get drafted. But according to NJ.com, he said he has no regrets and also said he had frequent contact with the Seahawks in the run-up to the draft and that Seattle was long his desired destination. The 6-foot, 235-pounder projects as a middle linebacker which would mean he’ll be thrown into the competition with Brock Coyle to back up Bobby Wagner.

S Tanner McEvoy, Wisconsin: McEvoy also played receiver and quarterback at Wisconsin and at 6-5, 231 pounds has good size for a safety. Pro Football Focus considered him one of the top 50 players who went undrafted, writing: “At 6-foot-6, 230 pounds, McEvoy looked like a former quarterback playing safety and that’s exactly what he was, but the results were better than expected as his +15.3 overall grade ranked 10th in the class.”

OL Lene Maiava, Arizona: A starter at right tackle last year for Arizona, Maiava was another known to have made a pre-draft visit to the VMAC. NFL.com wrote that he may be a better fit at guard in the NFL.

LB David Perkins, Illinois State: Perkins looks like a LEO/SLB type at 6-3, 240 pounds. He began his career at Ohio State before deciding to transfer for what he said were playing time reasons.

LB/DE Pete Robertson, Texas Tech: The 6-3, 239-pounder projects as an edge rusher candidate after making 12 sacks last season.

May 9, 2002
Im toting the blue and green colored glasses right now, but thiws UDFA class looks really, really good on paper. I have watched a few of these guys over the years and there are some serious steals in that list. French and Madden being two of the...Powell out of tOSU really has my ears perked up. Ive already expressed my interest in McEvoy...but Lars Koht could turn out to be something special. dude is a fuckin black belt at 6'5" and 280 pounds!