Seahawks News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
I think it will be a tight one in candlestick. the seahawks haven't won at candlestick in a while but none the less should be a good game. your team is on fire, but i believe the niners should be ready for the test. The niners D has been on point these last few weeks. Hats off for you guys getting home field advantage in the playoffs. I am a little nervous about the 49ers offensive line and their match ups. This one is going to be a good one. See you guys on Sunday. GO NINERS!!!!

Jun 6, 2008
San Jose, Ca
seahawks kickin ass period russell wilson i got a new respect for. not because on the field ( wich he is good) butt off the field what kind of man he is. respect.

it superbowl or bust with yall. all the pressure is on you guys. 49ers will back in the playoffs and be ready.

but straight up give props where its doo. hawks on fire.

May 9, 2002
I think it will be a tight one in candlestick. the seahawks haven't won at candlestick in a while but none the less should be a good game. your team is on fire, but i believe the niners should be ready for the test. The niners D has been on point these last few weeks. Hats off for you guys getting home field advantage in the playoffs. I am a little nervous about the 49ers offensive line and their match ups. This one is going to be a good one. See you guys on Sunday. GO NINERS!!!!
We havent got home field advantage yet. We just got the first playoff berth. We wont know about HFA for another few weeks.

Feb 14, 2004
Let's not get carried away now
Not that I care about others' opinons regarding this, but really what else is it going to take to be considered the best QB in the league? Don't say win a Super Bowl, because Joe Flacco got one last season, and I don't see anyone saying he is the best QB in the league lol

Feb 14, 2004
12th Man causes earthquake during Seahawks win

Seahawks fans cheering during a first-quarter interception return caused a magnitude 1 or 2 earthquake during Monday Night Football, according to staff with the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.

The 12th Man also set a record for noise, registering 137.6 decibels during the Seahawks 34-7 win over the New Orleans Saints. The win wraps up a playoff berth for Seattle.

The earthquake came during the first quarter when Michael Bennett recovered a Drew Brees fumble and returned for 22 yards for a touchdown. Steven Hauschka followed with the extra point, giving Seattle a 10-0 lead that that grew to a 17-0 lead before the start of the second quarter.

The win makes the Seahawks 11-1 -- the best in franchise history -- and they top the NFC Western Division.

New Orleans never led.

Wilson threw for 226 yards in the first half with touchdowns to Zach Miller and Doug Baldwin. The Seahawks had 315 yards of offense, the second time in three games they have had at least 300 in the first half. They had a season-high 316 yards against Atlanta in Week 10.

After Seattle forced a three-and-out on the Saints' opening possession, Wilson hit fullback Michael Robinson for 21 yards, ran for 10 more and completed a pass to Golden Tate for 12 yards. New Orleans managed to hold inside the red zone, and the Seahawks settled for Steven Hauschka's 26-yard field goal.

On the second play of the Saints' ensuing possession, Cliff Avril knocked the ball from Brees' hand as the quarterback prepared to throw. Bennett caught the ball and raced into the end zone.

After another three-and-out, the Saints left Miller uncovered as Wilson connected for a 60-yard gain to the 4. Three plays later, Wilson and Miller hooked up again on a 2-yard scoring pass.

Playing without two of its top three cornerbacks, the Seattle defense held the Saints' high-powered offense to 90 yards. Byron Maxwell and Jeremy Lane stepped in for Seattle with Walter Thurmond serving a four-game suspension and Brandon Browner out with a groin injury.

Brees led New Orleans on a 13-play, 80-yard touchdown drive in the second quarter. The Saints converted three third downs and picked up another first down on a penalty on the drive. Brees connected with Jimmy Graham for a 2-yard touchdown strike.

Brees finished the half 13 of 16 for 74 yards and a touchdown.

Wilson and the Seahawks quickly answered back. Wilson found Doug Baldwin for a 52-yard gain on third-and-3 from the 23 to move back into New Orleans territory, and Hauschka made a 20-yard field goal.

The Seahawks weren't finished. After another Saints three-and-out, Seattle began its next possession from the 12 with 2:05 left. Wilson made plays with his arm and legs as Seattle marched quickly downfield. With 18 seconds remaining, Wilson hit Baldwin with a 4-yard touchdown pass.

12th Man causes earthquake during Seahawks game | www.kirotv.com