se reflexion filter (portable vocal booth)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
its a gobo dude you probably don't need it for recording rappers. Those things are primarily used to block mic sources from other sound sources while recording like a band. For example, you want some ambience of the rest of the band or the band wants to play together and you don't want llets say the keyboards to bleed too much into the guitar mic you would use one of those to neutralize it. its just a fancy go between, I don't know your setup but I highly doubt you are going to need one of these unless you are tracking live instruments simultaniously

Jan 26, 2004
I've heard it used before, it was used in an iso booth tho...made the vocals sound a lil more round & smooth...not a big difference tho.

Also it's kind of a bytch to set up, and if your artist needs to read their lyrics it's a big nuisance, and just gets in the way.

VdZ

Sicc OG
Aug 18, 2003
www.tapevault.com
sorry for the late review.. it took me a while to finally get some recording done with my peoples... and had to buy a adapter for the mic to connect to the filter since the screw adapter is made for european microphones. so lets see the filter does the job so far from what i been working with . voice doesnt echo when speakin thru it in a non treated room....
using it on two of my mics.. and so far we compared differences from recording with it and without it and it makes a different. but i would say its not a 100% perfect but its perfect for protable studio and home studio that doesnt have the space for a vocal booth.