SDSU vs BYU Set for Epic Showdown

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 17, 2004
Cougars, Aztecs set for epic showdown

BY JAY DREW
The Salt Lake Tribune

First published 17 minutes ago
Updated 17 minutes ago

Because of San Diego State’s unbeaten season, the fact that BYU has a bonafide national player of the year candidate in Jimmer Fredette and the national attention it is drawing, Wednesday night’s big battle pitting the No. 4 Aztecs (20-0) and No. 9 Cougars (19-1) at the sold-out Marriott Center just might be as good as it gets around here.

Tipoff is at 8:15 p.m. and the game will be televised by CBS College Sports.

At least, it figures to be the most significant game ever played in the 40-year-old arena that seats 22,700 at the base of imposing and majestic Y Mountain. It’s the highest ranked matchup ever between MWC opponents in the 12-year history of the league, and the first time BYU has ever played a top 10 team in Provo as a top-10 team itself.

“The game is going to draw huge national attention, not just within the league, and not just out West,” said SDSU coach Steve Fisher said. “I think everybody will be talking about that game.”

Even BYU’s ever-cautious coach, Dave Rose, is not downplaying the game’s significance, although he has spent the last few days reminding anyone who will listen that it is not a make-or-break affair for either program.

___

any fellow sdsu alumni on the sicc? we win this game and we could potentially go to #1 in the rankings. the fact that the aztecs are getting so much national hype is crazy. even if you didnt go to sdsu or are from dago you should just root against byu cause well you know...

Dec 17, 2004
yeah the mormon publication referred to it as "epic" so i ran with it

but hell, im in new york and theyre even talking about it here. im not used to anyone outside of sdsu ever acknowledging aztecs sports so im loving this

hope some fundamentalist morman extremist doesnt try to assassinate dj gay on the court tomorrow

Jan 28, 2005
Michigan got love for SDSU. They came out of nowhere this year. Jimmer, despite is weird ass name, can put it down on the court though. His up and under layups are about athletic as they get.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
^ya that white boy from byu is dope. Dude nailed a 3pter I think last game that was like 10/15ft away from the college level 3pt line wit ease. The defender gave him some space n was prolly like "the fuck? He shot that? What an idiot..." Then he turns around only to see the dude swish the deep ass 3.

In a diff game, he also threw up a desperation shot at almost half court before the 1st half ended n swished it. That whiteboy can most def BALL!

BUUUUUUT fuck BYU(nothin against morms). Westcoast til the day I die.

*throws up the west coast sign*

LETS GO SDSU! Oregon basketball program is as pathetic as it gets but a couple of em are my potnas along wit some of the football players n balled wit em at the rec center a lot when i went to school out there.

Even with that new dope ass court(my old roommates uncle was the contractor that worked on the court) n what not, they still are as pathetic as it gets. Im not into college bball as much as fball but I still know wassssup. I just wish the ducks bball program was better so I can enjoy watching em cuz watching em now is boring n almost a torture lol.

I watch enough college ball to know wassup when march madness comes along.

May 3, 2002
Yea Jimmer destroyed us. That 2nd half was horse shit. Oh well 20-1 ain't bad.
2nd half? how the fuck you gonna let Fredette go 15 straight points on you? make everyone else beat you....fuck the 30year old mormon BYU bitch asses we swept em last year, I was at the game here at the PIT against BYU which was a CLASSIC game, I was pulling for you guys because I can't stand BYU but you guys will get em back at home, I do not look forward to when we play you in your house

Dec 17, 2004
fuckin byu. i get comfort in knowing that sdsu has far more smokin hot std infested brigadales in one semester than byu has ever had in their entire existence.

jimmer did his thing. fuck him

i didnt even get to watch the end of the game cause the snow storm fucked up the satellites

the aztecs will outshine byu in march though..i guarantee it....simply cause our team is not all white people

Mar 24, 2006
fuckin byu. i get comfort in knowing that sdsu has far more smokin hot std infested brigadales in one semester than byu has ever had in their entire existence.

jimmer did his thing. fuck him

i didnt even get to watch the end of the game cause the snow storm fucked up the satellites

the aztecs will outshine byu in march though..i guarantee it....simply cause our team is not all white people
wtf.

they got a couple of token brothas on the squad...lol