SD tech schools

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2008
right now im in the means of going to a college that offers information technology courses. if anyone graduated from one, knows of a good school, or knows people who graduated and got jobs afterwards, tell me about it.

right now i have my eyes on national university.

Apr 19, 2008
damn nobody has input?

google is not the homie right now. it gives mixed reviews, and by postin on the sicc, i would at least get it straight from a sicc members mouth piece.

Feb 27, 2010
Honestly my nigg, you pay too much for that shit if you go to a university. If you are tryin to make a career out of it then I would consider the whole university thang, but if it's just to learn a few thangs or take a few courses then I would pick a Jr. college and sit down with a counselor. You and the counselor will be able to go over what you are looking for and what classes you have to take and what schools offer that class, what times and days are best for your schedule. It will save you a lot of time and possibly some money.

Apr 5, 2010
www.reverbnation.com
theres a school like city college in chula vista south bay area with a million dollar studio and things of the like..i can't remember the name but u should try that..i heard the teacher is an azzhole but u can learn alot from him..the homie beighker who got a video wit giorgio daveed goes there n he said its official

Dec 24, 2003
Certifications are the way to go. If you into computers check out http://www.comptia.org/home.aspx you can study on your own and then take the tests to get certified. What Rey Ru said is right. Them schools cost too much money and they just out to make a buck. CC schools are the way to go. If you gonna pay that much money may as well go to State or a UC school. Cal State schools are another option besides community colleges.

Feb 27, 2010
my homeboy went to ITT tech and said it was a good school!
ITT Technical Institute is a great school, but you will come out the pocket, and I'm talkin about at least 10 racks in student loans after you graduate. You pay in installments. If you get a great job after graduating then you can pay that back. I wouldn't recommend ITT though. They are not transferable credits either. What kind of technology are you tryin to major in? Computers? A+ or Cisco Networking Certifications? Electronics? That would help narrow it down.

Dec 9, 2008
Coleman is a great Tech School....or Alliant...but they are expensive....and these days....a college degree is only worth what a High School Diploma was 10 years ago....cause it's almost expected for people to further their education...

stick with a community college....real cheap, and the name of the school on the degree won't make a difference unless it's Stanford, or a big school like that...

Feb 27, 2010
Oh and don't forget to take advantage of them grants. A lot of schools especially the jr. colleges like Miramar, Mesa, City, ECC offer all kinds of grants and fill out that FASFA form asap. You can get reimbursed for all the lil money you put in towards text books, parking passes, etc... If you plan on going to a University, you always have the option to transfer to one if you are attending a jr. college. You just have to make sure your credits are transferable and those classes are required to transfer to the university you have in mind. This might be somethin you are already up on game about, but I hope this info helps.

Apr 19, 2008
information technology - either a tech (building,diagnosing,fixing,etc.). after i get all those certs out the way, im going to be lookin to get into to web/graphic design.

the reason im doing it this way is because, i want to get my foot in the door with the easiest IT field, make some dough, then branch out after.

also, which CC in daygo do you recommend? top 5 if possible.

Apr 19, 2008
Coleman is a great Tech School....or Alliant...but they are expensive....and these days....a college degree is only worth what a High School Diploma was 10 years ago....cause it's almost expected for people to further their education...

stick with a community college....real cheap, and the name of the school on the degree won't make a difference unless it's Stanford, or a big school like that...
i did reviews a few weeks back for some of those tech schools (coleman, uei, devry) and all came back with negative feedback. only out for the dough, no assistance with job searching (this is more of an individual hustle, and i realize that), and the people actually reported getting scuffed at from having those schools on their certs/diplomas from potential employers.

see, the reason im really doin all this research and gathering as much information i possilby can about with school to go to, because i dont want to waste time that i dont have.

again, thanks everyone for the info....the more the merrier

Feb 27, 2010
information technology - either a tech (building,diagnosing,fixing,etc.) or a network admin. after i get all those certs out the way, im going to be lookin to get into to web/graphic design.

the reason im doing it this way is because, i want to get my foot in the door with the easiest IT field, make some dough, then branch out after.

also, which CC in daygo do you recommend? top 5 if possible.
Okay so you want to learn the basics of computers/hardware/software etc. I would recommend Miramar, Mesa, City, & ECC. Depending on your classes you take and what is available, they all coincide with eachother since they are all under one system. I'd get A+ and Cisco Networking Certified. Those tests are only a couple c notes to take and I think you get a few tries before you have to pay again. That would look good on your resume. I'd still get with a counselor. They have the books for all these schools and can tell you all the classes you will need to take. It all depends on what you are tryin to do. Sounds like your tryin to make a career out of it so a counselor would be the way to go. It's free and all you gotta do is set up an appointment. Then grab that FASFA form and see what grants you are eligible for. They will tell you.

Apr 19, 2008
i love those grants...non taxable money makes a nigga wide eyed when it comes to school.

yeah, imma get lookin into these colleges right now. good lookin once again rey, and everyone else that contributed to a niggas future.

Feb 27, 2010
Cuyumaca has a really good, hands on, IT program....and they are around $26-$30 a unit...

Do FAFSA, my homie gets about 4K a semester in grants from that.
I forgot about Cuyamaca College. After I did my tech classes, they tried to send me there. I went down hill and didn't take advantage of the opportunity.

Dec 9, 2008
good luck.... I am consistenly taking classess....there is a lot of knowledge in this world, and there is noone telling you they you can't absorb it...thats my outlook on life...to understand as much as possible....BIG UPS

Apr 27, 2009
a bro, go to cuyamaca and try to transfer to a university. if you want to hear the full reason why, i can tell you, but I promise you, you will find more success doing the whole process.

and if you dont have already established connections, there are no easy routes in