SD CHARGERS SIGN WR HAKIM

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2004
WR Hakim in because Floyd appears out

By Kevin Acee
UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
December 14, 2006

The Chargers are expected to sign receiver Az-Zahir Hakim today, according to league sources, and the former San Diego State standout should practice with the team this afternoon.

Hakim, a nine-year veteran, was to arrive in San Diego and take a physical last night.

Hakim, 29, is being added to the roster because Malcom Floyd's high ankle sprain could keep him out the remainder of the season. It is unclear whether Floyd will be placed on injured reserve or the Chargers will make a roster move with another player.

Hakim was released Oct. 30 by the Detroit Lions and has spent much of his time since then working out in San Diego. He played in six games for the Lions, catching 17 passes for 147 yards.

In addition to playing receiver, Hakim is insurance on kick returns. He was voted to the Pro Bowl in 2000 as a special teamer. Having played in two Super Bowls with the Rams, he also adds playoff experience to the roster.

Nuts 'n' Bolts
Michael Turner is expected to return to play Sunday, including reclaiming his spot as the kickoff returner.
Shawne Merriman left practice early, bothered by a joint in his foot. He said he had the same problem last year. It did not keep him from playing then, and it won't this season.

Also missing at least a portion of practice were: guard Scott Mruczkowski (knee), defensive end Luis Castillo (ankle), linebacker Marques Harris (hamstring) safety Bhawoh Jue (knee) and safety Marlon McCree (knee). Mruczkowski is the only one who is doubtful to play.

LaDainian Tomlinson was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the third time this season.

Find this article at:
http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20061214-9999-1s14chnotes.html

Mar 16, 2005
not a bad move for the bolts.

I have to admit, I am rooting for them the rest of the way.

I am not an NFC fan so all those teams are out of the question.

Indy...hate them
Ravens...HATE THEM
Pats...hate them
chiefs....lol
jags...see above
jets...wow, they will last 1 quarter
bengals...probably 2nd who I am rooting for after Bolts!

GO BOLTS!

LOL

Oct 25, 2006
I think if Az plays good special teams, even 1 KR for a touchdown and then throw in maybe 10 catches over this season and the playoffs and Az will have done plenty.

Chargers should make it to the Super Bowl.

Jan 9, 2004
No doubt this is all good in Charger camp.

Best of luck to Floyd on healing that high ankle sprain - that shit always takes forever it seems.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
thascary1 said:
not a bad move for the bolts.

I have to admit, I am rooting for them the rest of the way.

I am not an NFC fan so all those teams are out of the question.

Indy...hate them
Ravens...HATE THEM
Pats...hate them
chiefs....lol
jags...see above
jets...wow, they will last 1 quarter
bengals...probably 2nd who I am rooting for after Bolts!

GO BOLTS!

LOL
lol....I'm kinda the same way, except since the bengals are my second fav team I'm rooting for them first.....actually, in the nfc I find myself rooting for the 9ers, at least they're a bay team....and if they do make it to the superbowl (lol) it'd be great to have them crushed by San Diego or Baltimore (I think that'll be the afc championship game)

Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Quick said:
You guys know that it isnt 2001 anymore????
?.......you talking about az? of course we know it aint 01 no more...he wasnt brought in here to be the az of 01-he was brought in to bring veteran help to a depleted wr corps. we are really banged up at that position, plus he bring playoff and even superbowl exp. we didnt give up shit for him so = good pick