SAN QUINN or MESSY MARV?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 10, 2005
Who do you think puts out a better quality album?your reasons why
And discuss wut yall think on how the once rap duo are different now.
Also wut do yall think the explosive mode 2 will sound like? or hope to sound like...

1. Even thou i know for me Quinn is a much better rounded artist,i believe Messy Marv puts out a better album by far!,cuz his beats from the first to last track always knock hard, even thou he wants that mainstream success like Quinn, and that for me is enough to slap in ANY of Marv's old cd's in the future- Sadly I honestly cant say the same for San Quinn

2. From many interviews it sounded like the two had difference in creativity and it obviously sounds that way in their albums...but it seems that Mess had stayed the same and it was Quinn who wanted to sound less hard after Explosive Mode-i say that based on d feel of their albums after "EM" and choice of beats: examples like "Mighty Quinn" & "I Give You My Word" and now "The Rock", although the rock has a few mobb style feel/beats to it his lyrical content&style seems different.
But for Mess, he sounds more of the same style but with more money and when i say money i mean the quality in his shit..his choice of beats just hit you like a toke from a one hitter quitter..you know you like it the first time you hear it and you dont have to hear it over and over to say its good=like Quinn's recent shit

3. I hope Explosive mode 2 is just like the first one..i hope the keep the same format as far as concept and theme on the album..i think that is important if they wanna make a huge impact on their follow up to their classic album Explosive Mode

BUT I WANNA KNOW WUTCHALL THINK? HOLLA BACK!!

Feb 9, 2006
messy got his shine on with the ghetto shit, i think quinn has been in the game so long that he's on a different level with what he wants to put out...i think after all these years since the first explosive mode it'll be something special with them two something classic it all depends on the beats

IVE

Feb 8, 2006
Messy is simply more consistent and has a more loveable flow. He sticks to his style and continues to make mobb shit through the push of erryone in the bay tryna go major. QUINN is my nigga but he often tries to conform to whats hot in the industry.

Feb 10, 2005
nbpsfc said:
messy got his shine on with the ghetto shit, i think quinn has been in the game so long that he's on a different level with what he wants to put out...i think after all these years since the first explosive mode it'll be something special with them two something classic it all depends on the beats
I hear wutchu sayin and agree on Quinn bein on a different level in where n wut he wants to put out, but the question is, has that worked for Quinn?
see cuz i dont think it has...and it seems you do agree with me on how i feel that it all depends on the choice of beats..and how that plays such a huge role in their success.

Feb 9, 2006
i give you my word was very good...he could speed up his flow a little bit more...he varies i would say he puts out good music 95% of the time but his skills on the mic, and the beats change a lot, if i were to go into a store to buy an album and seen quinn's shit i would feel good about the odds of it being good

Feb 9, 2006
messy is another story he has had some bangers in the past 5 years or so and continues to grow as an artist so only time will tell

Feb 10, 2005
IVE said:
Messy is simply more consistent and has a more loveable flow. He sticks to his style and continues to make mobb shit through the push of erryone in the bay tryna go major. QUINN is my nigga but he often tries to conform to whats hot in the industry.

yea thats wut ive been talkin bout, basicly to sum it all up..i just wanted to see if others thought the same way.

i mean Quinn be my favorite artist in the bay..but he disapoints me with his past projects and direction..i just dont think its gonna work for Quinn if he continues in this way.. IMO...i only say this cuz i wish him better that wut he's got.

Feb 9, 2006
i agree to, i give you my word was a great album only because the songs sounded so good together when i listen to it, it makes me kick back and think...not too many albums are put together well. quinn will always have the talent to make an great album it's just he has to find the right nitch

Dec 15, 2003
Mess all day. I never really liked Quinns style but he do have some lyrics that iv had to rewind n listen to a couple of times. Maybe if Quinn had better beats you could compare but untill then Mess got it on lock.

Jan 18, 2006
QUINN HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE BETTER RAPPER AND MORE FOLKS LOOK FORWARD TO HIS ALBUM THEN MESSY MARV, MESSY MARV HAS NEVER BEEN ANYTHING SPECIAL TO ME, HE WILL ALWAYS BE IN QUINNS SHADOW CUZ QUINN HAS PUT IT DOWN FOR SO LONG AND IS ON A WHOLE NOTHER LEVEL.

Feb 10, 2005
Does anyone know who sells more soundscan??? Quinn or Marv? i dont know the exact numbers but i would think Marv sells more..which in nturn would mean Quinn is in Marv's shadow..regardless of who has better skillz

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Quinn's older albums were better than Messy's; now it is somehow the opposite

the problem with Messy is that he is releasing too many albums and can't put enough top notch material on a single release to make it a classic

Quinn sounds tired for me though, Messy sounds hungrier and he spits over some harder beats so I think he is better now

Jul 10, 2002
They both hard but consistently Messy has been putting out that hot shit that can be on mtv or bet. They both have that universal sound that will appeal with everybody. Nothing taking away from Quinn cuz I'm a fan of him also.

Jan 18, 2006
CUZ QUINN BEEN AROUND TO LONG, HE JUST WAITING FOR THE OPPORUNITY TO BLOW AND FOLKS LOOK MORE FORWARD TO YOU ALBUM IF YOU DROP EVERY OTHER YEAR INSTEAD OF EVERY YEAR.