San Quinn I Give You My Words Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
I waited a long time for this CD to come out & although I got it as soon as it dropped I haven't listened to it that much for one reason or the other...However tonight im bored so I shall review it track by track as I listen...

01. Northern California

This beat is decent...I personaly don't like it but its listenable...This song is a history lesson about the bay rap scene...Its pretty coo & if your familiar with the scene you'll catch some of Quinn's add-ins...those are a bonus... 7/10

02. Going All Out

This song sucks, the beat sounds giagantic, quinn's lyrics are boreing (unless your entertained by wu-tang style spits about who the fuck knows what)...this songs filler for sure...the chorus is coo or annoying (depends what mood your in)... 2/10

03.Hardway feat. E-40

Well from the first sound of the beat I can tell Waterboy will be on this track...its his trademark style (well atleast the style he's been using lately)...Quinn's verses are okay...they fit the beat, but I know Quinn can do much better...40 delivers a 40 verse...nothin spectacular...The hook is gay (makes me feel like I should be at work in a cole mine or something) This song isn't bad, its not good either...7/10

04.Butterfly (By My Side)

I heard this song before the CD dropped & its what made my expectations so high...Its perfect...the beats sick, quinny is more then on point with the lyrics & presentation...The hook is catchy...the entire track has a clean feel to it...The ladies love it, the fellaz know its too sick to skip...Im diggin this one...10/10

05.Pop Off feat. Keak Da Sneak & Juvenile

Oh boy! I feel like im working in a fucking gear factory when I listen to this...Im not sure what the hell Quinn was on when he spit over this beat but I think he was wearing some orange suspenders & a hardhat...Oh Keak is on here...he squeaks or whatever you call it a coo verse...I mean if your a keak fan you might like it...I don't know...it sounds like he's just mentioning people & movies to me...then theres this realy gay point where everything just stops...that wasn't needed...WOW hold on...Okay nevermind (I had to rewind it back to quinn's verse, for a second there I ACTUALY thought Juvenile might have had the best verse on the song...Don't worry his verse isn't)...Oh I haft to rate this song...1.3333/10 (1&1/3 of 10)

06.Mask Cracked

Judgeing from this hook I couldn't ever guess this song was called Mask Cracked...But I like this shit...yah the beat sucks ass but Quinn has more then enough energy to make up for that & then some...Then theres the lil kid/girl (I dunno wich it is) voice on the hook...thats nice...this song needs some more thump in it...then itda be better...(well realy it needs an entire new fucking beat)...8/10 Editorial note its quinn's son on the hook

07.Lavishness

Okay I like this beat...It sounds like choice music to make a drug deal to...Quinn doesn't even need to spit on this song...I feel like luxory (wich I can't even spell) just listening to the beat...The hook sucks...I don't know who helps quinn out on it but they don't need to be there...The 3rd verse is the best...just sounds best...8/10

08.Deep End feat. Big Rich

Dammit...Im getting a flashback of having to suffer through a fully loaded CD...If you like Fully Loaded you'll love this song...if your me you'll think its rather lame...Quinn has that loud ass voice thing going on here (think yelling without the aggression)...the hook is seriously sorry...Quinn's 2nd verse is kinda clever...Big Rich's verse is just that a Big Rich verse...5/10

09.Flow Down feat. Bailey

Already im feeling this song from the beat alone...Quinn's lyrics on this song are off the hook...an awsome vocabulary too...Theres nothing wrong with this...well the hook could have been a little more imaginitive...theres so much thats right with this song its easy to look past...10/10

10.High Light

I just wanna stroll through downtown Las Vegas with a breezy & the top down while bumpin this...it must have been designed to that alone...that or maybe they recruited quinn to make a track for the SDTK of a Bogart movie that got cancled at the last minute...Im feeling this shit...10/10

11.Real Playaz feat. Willie Hen

Yah know what I just said above about High Light...the beat sounds like we stopped cruzin & started fucking...Willie Quinn & San Henn do this track above justice...they trade vocals back & forth...this ones a favorite knock...10/10

12.Sav Boys feat. C-Bo & Killa Tay

Well I used to like C-Bo when Talez from... came out & Killa Tay has always been annoying...If you miss the AWOL days this won't help you out any...it sounds like an average "i'll kill everyone" nor-cal track...C-Bo raps about his hard on for pete wilson & quinn spits a coo verse wit some good vocab...Killa Tay says something about being cool with Ese's & being on HOGG status...I think he's lieing...6/10

13.What You Made Me Do

If you liked that song by young gunz (the one that sounds like the beat was made with spoons)...or have alot of fun playing james bond or turok the dinosuar hunter you'll prolly like this song...Quinn's talking about something...what I don't know...it has some cool sounds that make me wanna creep around & throw bleach filled waterballoons at people...7/10

14.Daddy Song

This is my favorite song off the entire CD...Its knockin, meaningful, & has an new sound...10/10

15.Thugs

If you didn't know...this song was made espeshily for the Tony Hawks Underground fanbase (T.H.U.G.=TONY HAWKS UNDER GROUND)...I think its about the part of the game when you get off your skateboard pop some E & rape someone's grandma & get on a bus straight to fillmore or somethng like that...well it might be coo...It has some burping thing chanting THUGS - THUGS...THUGS - THUGS...4/10

16.Gangsta Touch feat. Phats Bossalini

Theres a tweaker playing the piano in this song...It has a coo ass beat...Phats spits a tight verse...quinn comes correct...the hook is boreing but hey...this songs good...8/10

17.Smiling Faces

You ever seen dead presidents...This is the outcome of Quinn watching that movie...& a damn good outcome it was...this is the slump...If your under 19 you might not like this song...if thats the case it sucks for you cause I fancy this track quite a bit...10/10

18.Greatness (Gangsta Prayer)

Quinn expresses his views...I agree with alot of them so maybe I feel this track more then most...its a good song & most people should be able to respect it...quinn fan or not...the hook is nothing special & the beat has a wierd bubbley pop in it...9/10

Overall...This CD is far from what I expekted...Most of its fualts fall in not needed features, poor beat selection or undercreative hooks...Like most CDs nowadayz it has some you like some you don't...worth a purchase if you find it on sale for 11.99 or in the used section...7/10

May 5, 2004
www.soundclick.com
(Thinks to him self y this post hasnt been deleted yet),(but realizes im a producer as well and i love criticism like this type of shit everyday it makes me kno im doin the right thing)

Who the fuck is this guy,i never knew there was a quinn hater that ever existed in the world but shit i aint Ms. Cleo either u feel me my nigga.

We need to hang this nigga on a meat rack and throw tuna on this nigga then fuck his bitch for the shit this nigga just said.

Quinn never came can on any track
Let alone keak da sneak.Wha tha f.uck u doin besides hatin on niggaz shit beside ridin on the next nigga dick tryin to creep backstage at a quinn concert poppin his colla w/ a fat as groupie smile on yo face knowin u be fillin the quinn.

K

KAH

i think its a classic & a must have it took a couple of spins 2 grow on mw but now i cant stop playin it. I was expectin tha quinn from hustle continues where his flow was clean as fuck this cd seems he is more laid back in most of his tracks either way quinn never comes weak 1 of tha best rappers ever. Im gonna pick up tha re-release also if it has new tracks

Feb 21, 2004
www.SCARLING.com
FUCK U TOO

SINSE WHEN HAVE HONEST OPINIONS BEEN ILLEGAL

YALL NEED TO COME DOWN 2 REALITY

& IM A QUINN FAN FOR THE RECORD, I PAYED FOR IT IN CASH FROM A STORE...NOT ONLY THAT, I HAD TO SPECIAL ORDER IT...DOESN'T THAT ENTITLE ME TO A FUCKING OPINION...DAM YALL NEED SOME FUCKING LIVES

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
YEH,THAT'S SO....I'M SICC OF LETTIN YOU INTERNET THUGS SLIDE...IF ANYBODY WANTS 2 SEE ME LET ME KNOW & WE'LL MAKE IT HAPPEN..IF NOT SHUT YOUR MOUTH & KEEP LISTENIN 2 MUSIC...THIS AIN'T A GAME HOMIE..I DON'T HIDE BEHIND A COMPUTER OR USE A FAKE NAME SO KEEP BARKIN IF YOU WANT...

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
THAT'S GOOD,KEEP IT REAL...MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU!...& IF YOU WANT PROBLEMS YOU DEFINITELY DON'T WANT 2 SEE ME ON THIS SIDE..KEEP YOUR EAR 2 THE STREET..I'M NOT THE 1 2 PLAY WITH POTNA.....SALUTE ME OR SHOOT ME! 100