san fran and denver trade

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
Broncos | Two draft picks acquired from 49ers
Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:39:07 -0700

The Denver Broncos have announced the team has acquired a second-round pick (No. 37 overall) and a third-round pick (No. 68) in the 2006 NFL Draft from the San Francisco 49ers. In exchange for the picks, Denver sends San Francisco one of their two first round picks, No. 22 overall.

Mar 16, 2005
I love it.

As much as I wanted to have 2 1st rounders the cap just isn't there for that. I was hoping to trade 2 1st to move into top 7, but this works. Get a #15 pick, and then essentialy 3 2nd rounders as that 3rd round pick is lower third. and we also have the 4 th round pick. We have 4 picks in the top 68 now, with only 1 accounting for first round money.

There are also rumors that Lelie wants out to be a #1 wr....I think they may be shopping him and #15 plus a 2nd rounder to move into top 10...or use that 3rd rounder we just got send it to Green Bay for Walker.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
we need to hurry up and get javon walker and now imagine that shit:
WR-Javon Walker
WR-Antonio Bryant
WR-Arnaz Battle
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Eric Johnson
that shit would be off the hinges that is if Alex Smith could pull it together.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
ArYo said:
WR-Javon Walker
WR-Antonio Bryant
WR-Arnaz Battle
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Eric Johnson
Imaginations DO run wild.That leaves you with a horrible defense,no running game,and a QB who has'nt proven anything,and a coach who has yet to prove himself as a "head" coach.

Apr 25, 2002
^^Once again, his opinion lives up to his moniker..

The D is young, but still decent. And they have a good runing game you fool. Frank Gore is a great back, Hicks is good as well. Barlow is the only setback. And most QB's don't prove anything until their 3rd or 4th season, Alex Smith is entering his 2nd. And you don't think Nolan has proved himself as "head" coach? Why not?

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
good move, I heard Jon Clayton of ESPN say GB is expecting a 1st rounder for him.....
And the niners offered next years 2nd round for Walker.........

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
^^Once again, his opinion lives up to his moniker..

The D is young, but still decent. And they have a good runing game you fool. Frank Gore is a great back, Hicks is good as well. Barlow is the only setback. And most QB's don't prove anything until their 3rd or 4th season, Alex Smith is entering his 2nd. And you don't think Nolan has proved himself as "head" coach? Why not?
Nope... I don't think Mike Nolan has proved himself to be a good coach. If I am correct... the Niners ranked last in offense and defense. That is not good... even for a first year head coach. He could prove me wrong this season... but I think with the Niners drafting Alex Smith they blew it. They maybe planning to surround him with as many weapons as they can. He needs it. Signing Larry Allen was a good move and should provide protection. But Alex is garbage in the pocket.... he reminds me of Jake Plummer before he went to Denver. Alex is more comfortable throwing on the run not setting his feet and going through his reads in the pocket.

ArYo

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2002
BAMMER said:
Imaginations DO run wild.That leaves you with a horrible defense,no running game,and a QB who has'nt proven anything,and a coach who has yet to prove himself as a "head" coach.
do you even like football? have you ever watched a game? how the fuck can you say we have a horrible defense? If it wasn't for our defense last year shit we'd probably have the #1 pick right now. Most of last years games our defense would hold the other teams til bout the 2nd 3rd quarter but there's only so much a defense can do when your offense keeps goin 3 and out. On top of that you say we have no running game? How stupid are you? You just named the 9ers 2 strongest points defense and our run game and said they were our worst, I don't even know why I'm responding. The only thing you said that was valid was we have a QB who hasn't proven anything and Nolan has yet to prove himself as a coach. Wow you're a genius. There's not to many QBs and 1st time head coaches that prove themselves their first year, especially after coming off being the worst team in the league previously. Think before you talk.

Mar 16, 2005
ArYo said:
WR-Javon Walker
WR-Antonio Bryant
WR-Arnaz Battle
TE-Vernon Davis
TE-Eric Johnson
If walker doesn't wnt to play in Green Bay what makes you think he'll go to Frisco?

He's coming to Denver with this nice 3rd rounder you guys gave us.

Chree---Noone has offered higher than a 4th rounder yet, and green bay wants at least a high 2nd rounder. But none will offer that for a wr much less a hurt wr That is why there is so much speculation now that Denver goes after him with this 3rd rounder and maybe a future pick as well.

It really sounds like Denver and Frisco aren't done yet. Before all is said and done you guys may have Lelie from us as well....but for what we'll see.

Apr 25, 2002
Tony said:
Nope... I don't think Mike Nolan has proved himself to be a good coach.
I don't mean a good coach, I mean a head coach in general. I really feel he has the leadership skills and the toughness to whip these youngsters into shape. Last year they played every game to the fullest, when the year before (under ericsson) they gave up in every single game. He got them to show heart, and that takes a good head coach. Ericsson couldn't do it, Mike Nolan has already proven to me that he can be a great Head Coach. All he needs to do is build up his talent pool and he'll be winning games..

May 2, 2002
I think its a great move for both teams. SF needs more starter-type help right away and these two first rounders gives them that. They can afford to pay the money for these guys.

Denver is allowed to stock-pile on quality guys without paying the first-rounder money to two guys. Now they have 4 picks in the top 70 and 7 in the first 4 rounds. That is how you build depth. My guess is they're making a play to get Walker with that 37th pick and will draft that DE from FLA STATE with 15, if he is gone they'll trade down.

Dec 22, 2004
I doubt any teams get Walker Green Bay really believes in getting a first rounder for him great trade for both teams now it'll suck to wait til the end of the third round for the niners to pick again...

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
I don't mean a good coach, I mean a head coach in general. I really feel he has the leadership skills and the toughness to whip these youngsters into shape. Last year they played every game to the fullest, when the year before (under ericsson) they gave up in every single game. He got them to show heart, and that takes a good head coach. Ericsson couldn't do it, Mike Nolan has already proven to me that he can be a great Head Coach. All he needs to do is build up his talent pool and he'll be winning games..
Well let's put it this way... if the Niners come in last place again in their division, the Niners should fire him and get a new coach. Even though it's only his second season as head coach.... I would say this is a make or break year for him. I remember when losing was not acceptable in regards to the Niners. They always had a competitive team and was always expected to at least make the playoffs. But if they place last in their divison this season, Mike Nolan might need to go.

Chree

Medicated
Dec 7, 2005
"This is from NFL Draft Almanac. Take it for what it is worth. We are trying to verify with our sources if there are any truths to these rumors.

We continue to hear news that disgruntled Packers WR Javon Walker will be traded before the April 29th NFL Draft. The 49ers, Eagles and Broncos have all surfaced as possible suitors. Our sources close to the 49ers say that the team has offered a 2007 2nd round pick, but the Packers are asking for a 2006 pick. "

Jun 18, 2004
Alex Smith = Jim Druckenmiller
All the picks in the world won't help the niners if they keep throwing them away. I'm sorry, but drafting a shotgun QB out of the WAC with the 1st pick over all looks like another huge mistake...but I'm still willing to give hime another season.

Apr 25, 2002
Tony said:
Well let's put it this way... if the Niners come in last place again in their division, the Niners should fire him and get a new coach.
I think he should have at least 2 more years (including this season). He's still trying to put together his own team with the players he wants. If he can't get them back out of last place by next season, then he should go. But I think they'll be out of last this year to be honest.

Tony said:
I remember when losing was not acceptable in regards to the Niners.
Make no mistake, losing is still not acceptable. You saw the walk-outs last season..