San Diego Chargers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
San Diego Union Tribune reports chargers RB Ladainian Tomlinson says he will not be back with the chargers for 2010 season.. Tomlinson is due $5 million in total salary in2010. Tomlinson; "I'm not coming back. I've accepted it."

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
why did you just name the thread "San Diego Chargers" that's weird, lol

but hmmm... yeah... I see LT going to New England... they like old running backs

Aug 15, 2007
Inland Empire
thx LT for the great memories and puttin the franchise back on the map. but i knew this was coming he was tripping over his own feet more than he had 10 yard runs.

props to aj and dean for bringing him back last year for one last ride. it was the classy thing to do.

Aug 24, 2003
i was listening to him on the nfl channel and he made comments that he doesnt want to be surrounded by a bunch of godless selfish players who are all about money and themselves. he thinks the locker room should be Faith, Family, and Football, and he doesnt like a lot of his teammates much anymore

basically, hes old school and doesnt want to be surrounded by a buncha lame ass 90's babies

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^and he could barely get onto the field half the time this year, so maybe that has something to do with it. LT was fuckin dope though and had an unbelievable run.

I think most people need to realize that being a running back in the NFL is tougher than it seems, they're probably the most beat up offensive (and defensive) player there is, on the field.

Aug 24, 2003
Locker room problems

http://www.sdnn.com/sandiego/2010-02-02/sports/tomlinson-says-hes-not-happy-talks-chargers-locker-room-discord

Tomlinson says he’s not happy; talks Chargers locker room discord

By Jason Owens, SDNN
Tuesday, February 2, 2010

LaDainian Tomlinson told Scott and BR that he wasn't happy this season. (AP Photo/Denis Poroy)

LaDainian Tomlinson caught up with XX 1090’s Scott & BR on Tuesday to talk about the disappointing end to the Chargers season and his frustrations with the locker room culture.
Amid other topics — including Vincent Jackson’s game-day traffic incident and his abilities as a feature back — Tomlinson said he wasn’t happy this season and is fed up with the team’s lack of focus.
“There’s a big part of this year where for whatever reason, I didn’t feel connected — as far as the team — the kind of unity, togetherness, family,” Tomlinson said. “I didn’t feel that at times in the season… That was a problem in the locker room.”
“We’re at a point where guys come into the league it’s not about the same values no more,” Tomlinson continued. “It’s not about the things that you’re taught — faith, family football. To them it’s not about that no more… That’s the thing that’s so disappointing to me, is because I can’t deal with that no more. If that’s gonna be allowed. I just can’t deal with that type of stuff.”
Listen to Tomlinson discuss those topics (@ 12:15) and more in the complete interview below.

if you go to that site you can listen to the audio

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
i was listening to him on the nfl channel and he made comments that he doesnt want to be surrounded by a bunch of godless selfish players who are all about money and themselves. he thinks the locker room should be Faith, Family, and Football, and he doesnt like a lot of his teammates much anymore

basically, hes old school and doesnt want to be surrounded by a buncha lame ass 90's babies
is that why he said he wouldn't restructure his contract... because it's NOT about money?

lol... what a load of BS

Apr 5, 2003
is that why he said he wouldn't restructure his contract... because it's NOT about money?

lol... what a load of BS
If it was about the money he would've restructured his contract in 09. He just tired of playing for a soft ass coach like Norv who is too much of a pussy to discipline his players. Now everyone's mad because he went on the radio and said the same shit Charger fans were saying about this team when we were 2-3. He deserves better and I hope he plays for a contender next season.

Apr 5, 2003
I know we haven't done shit but before LT stepped in that locker room we were the laughing stock of the league. He has 1 bad season due to a beat up line and now we're suppose to drop him like he ain't shit? I'lll admit that his best days are behind him but at least honor his contract and keep him around to mentor our next future starter.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
LT is a cry baby as bitch... talkin all that shit now that he's finna get released. He's the cancer hatin' on Sproles...They would have beaten the Jets if Sproles would have played more...but they didn't want LT poutin'

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
THANKS LT......NOW GO AWAY................................

lol, nah you know what its time. all true sd fans knew this was his last year. before this season started i was eager to see what he did. i felt he wasnt done just injured. sadly i was wrong......alot of people will say that we dont have an oline, its true our oline isnt great but there were holes to run through. he just couldnt hit them fast enough. i felt that at time he just hindered the team............i dont like the shit he pulling now, sounding selfish and shit. he is already percieved as a crybaby by the whole world(outside of san diego) and he is proving them right....thanks for all the memories, im glad i saw you play, im grateful my son got to see you play. good luck in the future but we both gotta move on.....

Rich

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
Pretty crazy how a runningback can be go from being one of the best ever to ok in a span of 2-3 years.

Mikal

Sicc OG
Jan 5, 2010
he's dope... people across the whole us respect him.. i hope he can make a good comeback with or without the chargers. either way, he's a good player

Jun 30, 2007
I knew it from the beginning of the season that he was done. I honestly thought we should have moved on after last season so he might have still had a little trade value. No one will be able to replace what he used to do but at this point we need someone who can get the job done. At this point, LT can't.