San Diego Audio Engineers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2006
One thing that I have noticed about a lot of Dago hip hop albums or mixtapes is a lot of them arent mixed well. I know there isnt a big pool of engineers to pick from in San Diego, which is one reason I went to LA for 6 months to learn the ins and outs of pro tools and professional recording gear from some very experienced audio engineers that worked with everybody from 2pac, Bone thugs, Wu Tang, TI to The Isley Brothers and George Clinton. San Diego has very talented producers and rappers, but i think if we had some more engineers devoted to this rap shit it would give us that missing piece to help push the New West Movement. Ive been steady recording and mixing the homies freestyle over instrumentals and some of my beats just to keep my pro tools game up. Any other engineers out there really trying to push this shit? Im sure there are sum. But let me know what yall think cuz i think Dago music can really make a hard push if we had sum good mixes out there(not to mention a banging ass beat)

Jun 17, 2005
www.RaPimp.com
Dave Moss
Dj Rek
Jaz

Just to name a few of the engineers that i've worked with that I can vouch for...

Also Fernando aka Nan' Dogg who has worked with cats like CBO and Yukmouth... he's also a good engineer out of dago... I recorded a few tracks with dude a while back and the shit sound clean... im sure he done upped his game since then...

The thing with a lot of dago artists is that a lot of them dont like to pay a good engineer to get the job done... so they go to the homie with the Acid pro to get it done... nothing wrong with that... cuz if a nigga aint got it then a nigga aint got it... but theres a few engineers out here that can really make your shit stand out quality wise... out.

Oct 6, 2005
Young Noiz said:
The thing with a lot of dago artists is that a lot of them dont like to pay agood engineer to get the job done... so they go to the homie with the Acid pro to get it done... nothing wrong with that... cuz if a nigga aint got it then a nigga aint got it... but theres a few engineers out here that can really make your shit stand out quality wise... out.
Bingo...!