Salinas - Funk Season on and Crackin' Once Again

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
It's that time of the year again. All the immigrant farm workers are still here and school just started.

There were five seperate gang-related shootings on Sunday all during day light hours, between last tuesday and saturday there were 12 gang-related shootings. Resulting in 3 murders, multiple injuries and 1 innocent bystander being hit by a stray. The city council is asking the chief of police, Daniel Ortega, to step down from his position. Due to the fact of rising gang activity instead of falling numbers which he had promised before his promotion.

It is a trip around here when this shit starts happening. When you are driving down the street and you come to a stop light no one will pull up next to your car they stop behind it or in front of it. People keep their windows rolled up and they won't look into your car. The other day I was coming home from a date at about 12:30, rolling down North Main and three carloads of homeboys where going about 15 mph's down the street just letting cars pass them, just looking for scrapas. If you come here in the next few weeks be careful what you do and say

Yea man, just talked 2 my cuzin Ponchie out in watson and he said theyv be recruting alot more yonger homies, tryin to programe em at a younger age. But yea tho man, have u hit Watson recently homie? I went there a while back befor i went to Okland and dame its gone down hill, LOL theres tons more eNes there then when i moved out. But thevy been funkin alot more with all these scrapas that have been popin up near the Pinto Lake Park.

Jun 28, 2002
yep i feel u about funk season around this time homeboy....west modesto is krakn right now....nortenos dumpn on scraps and scraps geting brave dumpn on nortenos.....just sunday 5 people was shot in a 24 hour period....my homeboy was 1 of them....he got shot in the back of the head a little above the neck by some scraps....god was with him cause he told me the scraps started chasin him and the scraps was only a few steps behind him still tryn to blast and then the scraps gun malfunctioned (sp?) and my homeboy ended up getting away cause he ran up in this garage....he hella lucky but at the same time he still got the bullet stuck in his head and if they try and remove it it might parralize him cause its so close to his spine....he already got released from the hospital but he gots to go back to the doctor next week see if the bullet has moved and to if they can remove it without paralizing him....so if yall could shoot a prayer for him it would be appreciated.....

Apr 25, 2002
@Pelon

Since you live in Vegas I can understand why you might find that statement strange since you don't have a large agricultural industry there. But it is valid

Apr 25, 2002
Kix209 said:
....he got shot in the back of the head a little above the neck by some scraps....god was with him cause he told me the scraps started chasin him and the scraps was only a few steps behind him still tryn to blast and then the scraps gun malfunctioned (sp?) and my homeboy ended up getting away cause he ran up in this garage....he hella lucky but at the same time he still got the bullet stuck in his head and if they try and remove it it might parralize him cause its so close to his spine....
he got shot in tha head and didnt get major disfunctionz or die? must have been a 22. those gunz are jokez LOL and scrapz alwayz use them. sorry to hear about your boy tho.

AnthonyCG said:
@Pelon

Since you live in Vegas I can understand why you might find that statement strange since you don't have a large agricultural industry there. But it is valid

No we dont, but we do get TONS AND TONS of immigrants who come here to work construction for privete companys. Since the rent here is cheap and constructions pays an average of $22 an hour :confused: you best belive most these foo like sticking around Vegas since is a year round job, and no sessonal like working on farms. Its just seamd funny the way he put that phrase. LOL :confused:

Jun 28, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
he got shot in tha head and didnt get major disfunctionz or die? must have been a 22. those gunz are jokez LOL and scrapz alwayz use them. sorry to hear about your boy tho.
naw it wasnt a 22 it was 38....but good lookn out homie....

Apr 25, 2002
funk season is on over here in the west bay area too...from san bruno to mateo, to redwood to east palo alto/east menlo

there's been a lot of gang related shootings in those cities in the last two weeks...

not just norte and sur tho...but i did heard a norteno got killed yesterday in redwood taht was only 16...coulda been a sureno, but i wouldn't think of a sureno chillin in that neighborhood

Nov 25, 2002
FATAL NYGHTMARE said:
he got shot in tha head and didnt get major disfunctionz or die? must have been a 22. those gunz are jokez....

Tell that to the families of the three homies that were killed by 22 bullets....no bullets are jokes.....a 22 can be very deadly cuz they are known to ricochet around the body and can hit somethin major inside.....one homie was shit in the lower bacc and it ended up in his heart.....anotha was just shot point blank in the face and it went to his brain.....im not sure about the 3rd but he was also killed by a 22.....they were also shot by 22 rifles so i dont know if that would make a big difference from the handgun.....

Apr 25, 2002
what Ccytzo said is true tho.if a 22 were to penentrate you,that little mothafucka will bounce off your bones and fuck your shit up....
it all depends were it hits you at.pea shooters can fuck you up....

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
when i was stationed in petaluma, this one fool in santa rosa was shot 19 times and alot were in the back of the head, he lived though. it cracked his skull, but he lived. i have heard plenty of people say, they would rather be shot by a .45 bullet, at least then it will just go through. there is a good chance that a .22 will just bounce around in your ass til it hits something that will fuck you up, like a spine or a lung, and fuck that! i hear people joke sayin you can't even pierce an ear with a .22, lmao. either way, my condolences go out to the kix's homeboy that was shot, stay up